What are you paying for your cruise?

extreme

Paid $349 pp plus taxes and tips on the Liberty IS guaranty for 12/02/07.... If I'd have had the money a week earlier it would have been $299 pp:o

That's a great price!

Just a tip... sometimes if there are lower prices for cruises around your cruise date(depending how well they're selling cabins), it gives you an idea of how the prices may drop, even for your cruise.

Keep an eye on the price postings, you may end up with a deduction or on-board credit.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

We are paying a little over $62.50 per day per person for an aft extended balcony on a 15 day Spring 08 transatlantic cruise on the Carnival Freedom.

Think you need to factor in the airfare on that one! LOL! That's a great price for the TA....it's the airfare that's usually the kicker! :)

I don't mind sharing either. I'm going on the Glory on August 11th. I'm going with a friend so what you see here is my share:

oceanview room (lowest category, I'm sure), taxes, insurance, prepaid tips-

$841.12

We did get a $100 sign and sail credit for us to share.

My airfare (I live in the midwest) to Orlando is $248. I didn't think that was bad at all!

I booked the hotel in Port Canaveral since we are coming the day before: about $100.

I'm curious if we could have gotten it for less- we booked in April, but honestly, I am just so excited to be going again and to see my friend that I haven't seen in over 10 years! :)

Is Tomboyy the hall monitor?

799 after taxes and charges for a 7 day cruise in a balcony 8a guarantee.

Welll.... If people didn't run in the hall and presented their hall pass when asked I wouldn't get so huffy;)

Tom

P.S

The "value added" thing wasn't mine.. I stole it from someone who said my post was not funny and was not a value added post , When I piped in on a thread that asked what to wear to the dining room, I said shorts and T-shirt.. I was kidding and someone thought they would set me straight about having fun on the threads.

3 extended 8b balconies, at the stern, Empress Deck 7, Carnival Conquest,

10/21/07

Military Rate per person, including taxes and port charges:

$678.16

CSA insurance through TA, per person: $45.20

Initially booked directly with Carnival ($731.06) but transferred to TA and saved 10% more plus got a good deal on the insurance, which I wanted during hurricane season and since we have elderly parents, etc.

For an inside room on the Liberty in Sept.(hurricane season fares are usually lowest) we paid $2270 for everything including insurance,but not tips for 14 nights. 2 people No airfare because we live in Florida, but with the price of gas that has to factored in too. I think we also got the military rate. cat4d

14 days on the Glory in December Military rate 1900 no insurance yet (may not get it for this time of year) Cat 4A inside

Thanks for starting this thread; I wish I had seen something like this before my first cruise. WOW did I over pay for that.

Dot

792.00 for a 6C(OV) on 5 day Imagination eastern route for dh and me. The PVP gave me the 6A rate with the 2 category upgrade. I went ahead and prepaid the tips for an added 100.00.

Got a pretty good deal on flight too. 277.60 for two from Newark to Miami.

April 5, 2008 on Carnival Freedom

~$200 (total) for pre & post cruise hotel for one night each (Priceline)

How did you get your hotels on priceline for a family of five? They only guarantee room for 2 per room won. We have 3 kids too and would like to know your trick.

The OP was just asking a question.. your response was not a value added response it was just mean:mad:

The OP didn't ask who cares.... guess you don't.. he does why post again no value added

Why bother to post... you answered nothing.. Ummm and your point in posting was??

Tom

thanks tom my point exactly!

You did really good!!! My roomie on a cruise I took in January came in from Seattle and she paid less than I did from Dallas to Ft. Lauderdale. I paid about $300 for my flight. Im going to feel bad lol. Maybe I should move to a cheaper city to fly out of.

get ready for this i was charged $798 for the two of us rt providence to miami with a 4 hour lay over on the way home, i spent 12 hours in airports that day for a 2 hour flight ouch! that will be the last time i go through aaa

April 5, 2008 on Carnival Freedom

~$200 (total) for pre & post cruise hotel for one night each (Priceline)

How did you get your hotels on priceline for a family of five? They only guarantee room for 2 per room won. We have 3 kids too and would like to know your trick.

ballinafad,

No trick; we all stay in one room. ;) We always book four stars and the rooms have always been large enough. The price has always been around $50 per night. Check out bidding for travel dot com to learn how to bid for the hotel & location you want.

get ready for this i was charged $798 for the two of us rt providence to miami with a 4 hour lay over on the way home, i spent 12 hours in airports that day for a 2 hour flight ouch! that will be the last time i go through aaa

I whapped myself with a wet noodle over that whole deal. I went with a snooty group and the TA they used got everything wrong and overcharged us. She told me she could not confirm our cabin on the cruise until I got airfare so I grabbed airfare that I knew was too high because my cruise roomie was getting nervous when our cabin was not confirmed for about 2 months. Stupid TA blamed everyone but herself.

Boy did I learn a lot and will never use that TA again. Cost me about $1100 for just me to cruise and we only got a obstructed OV on the Caribbean Princess. The only freebie they threw in was a bottle of wine and a hosted cocktail party (the rest of the group thought this was terrific, free drinks they all yelled yea!!!).

Then I found CC and booked 2 more cruises in the meantime waiting for that cruise and now Im a cruise-a-holic.

ballinafad,

No trick; we all stay in one room. ;) We always book four stars and the rooms have always been large enough. The price has always been around $50 per night. Check out bidding for travel dot com to learn how to bid for the hotel & location you want.

I use bidding for travel and better bidding often. Have you never had a problem getting a room with 2 beds? Do you just get a cot for the third child? BTW I loved your Glory review a while back.

I feel I got a great price March 7th, 8 days, carnival spirit, verandah deck balcony for 690.00. It started out at 1090.00 but gradually dropped 400.00 due to trying to fill it up. San Diego, Mexican Riviera.

This is just going to depend. Things to be considered:

What type of cabin (has to be a balcony or suite for us)

Is it a group cruise

Does Carnival have a special going

Time of year

The factors are endless

Cat 4C Inside: $1359 for 2

Cat 8D Balcony: $1724 for 2

I think this post is a good idea...if you paid too much the first time, then you can learn something here for next time!!

We will wave to you at the pier. You will be getting off Spirit when we are getting on. I agree that this post is a good idea, someone may even be able to call TA or PVP and get better price based on info found here, who know?

I feel I got a great price March 7th, 8 days, carnival spirit, verandah deck balcony for 690.00. It started out at 1090.00 but gradually dropped 400.00 due to trying to fill it up. San Diego, Mexican Riviera.

did you book through carnival directly ? thats great that you saved $400 this is a perfect example why i started this thread in the first place. thanks for sharing!!!!

Just sticking my 2 cents in on the priceline and hotwire thing. I have probably booked 10-15 hotel rooms this way. On hotwire you can choose to have a room with up to four people and they will give you two beds. If you just put in two people the rate will be cheaper, but if you end up having another they will not let you pay for a rollaway, at least they would not let me. After booking through priceline I call and confirm and have always gotten two beds. If you check in as soon as they allow, usually 4-5, you have the best chance of getting two beds, but I have never had a prob. getting that even checking in at 8 pm. 2 star through hotwire usually= holiday inn or howard johnson(but my most recent time a 3 star was holiday inn). 3 star through priceline has been hilton and 4 star hyatt regency. Hotwire downsizes star ratings. If you find a hotel on other sites that is a 2 star, hotwire usually lists it as a 3 star. So if you use them, bid up a little higher for what you want. Hope this helps. I only use these sites to book. I have never had a bad hotel except when booking a two star hotel. They have also always been in excellent locations. I just paid $49 for the holiday inn in the french quarter.

Archived