Need hotel options for my Mariner sailing....

Oh wait, NO I DON'T!!!! Mariner is coming to LOS ANGELES!!!!! Don't need air or hotel anymore. :D :D :D :D :D

(Sorry, I couldn't resist....don't flame me. lol)

Isn't that a wonderful feeling, I know just how you feel. We'll sure miss Rhapsody when she leaves Galveston year round but, we'll welcome Voyager with open arms.

d

Isn't that a wonderful feeling, I know just how you feel. We'll sure miss Rhapsody when she leaves Galveston year round but, we'll welcome Voyager with open arms.

d

I am so excited. I have been on Freedom of the Seas, but not a Voyager class. This will be my 1st. As soon as I saw this open up, I cancelled my Carnival cruise, and re-booked on RCI. So excited she is here, and now I don't have to stray from my RCI. :D

Oh wait, NO I DON'T!!!! Mariner is coming to LOS ANGELES!!!!! Don't need air or hotel anymore. :D :D :D

Breathe deeply, 2009 is a long way away! You need to pace yourself if you are going to make it without going nuts:p :D

Breathe deeply, 2009 is a long way away! You need to pace yourself if you are going to make it without going nuts:p :D

Are you kidding me? I am already going nuts!!! :D This is even longer than I waited for Freedom....But SO WORTH IT!

Ok so what about us midwesterners who do actually need help with hotels options????

Also, I am not up on LA - is there an area we can fly into and spend a few days that may be a couple hours away? My dh does not want to spend time in LA (personally I wouldn't mind a trip or two to Rodeo Dr)

Ok so what about us midwesterners who do actually need help with hotels options????

Also, I am not up on LA - is there an area we can fly into and spend a few days that may be a couple hours away? My dh does not want to spend time in LA (personally I wouldn't mind a trip or two to Rodeo Dr)

Depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive) is smack dab in the middle of L.A. If you want to be outside of L.A., maybe Santa Barbara? Or Laguna Beach? Let me know what you want and I will try to help you. You can always email me at timothy.fitz@mac.com. I have a few friends that are flying out for the cruise, and they are all staying with me. Should be a big pre-party. lol.

FitzLA, this is for you :p:p! (Actually, very happy for you all!)

Vesw, if you're looking for a place to stay at Port Canaveral, we're staying (in 10 days! :eek::D) at the Residence Inn. We're a family of 4, and our oldest daughter is bringing a friend. Residence Inn offers a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite that should hopefully work out nicely for us.

I'll post a review of the Residence Inn when we return. Oh yeah, and we're leaving in 10 days! (Sorry, had to say it again!) :p

Oh wait, NO I DON'T!!!! Mariner is coming to LOS ANGELES!!!!! Don't need air or hotel anymore. :D :D :D :D :D

You lucky duck! Living in Chicago, there's always the expense of travel to the port and hotel. *sigh* And it gets really cold here in the winter, too. (Why is it we live here again?!)

Santa Barbara would be beautiful! We are open to any options. We will be traveling with a 16 yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl.

I emailed Laura about a group cruise ... I will let you know

On that note.....would you have a suggestion for a hotel close to the port?

I am definately going to do Mariner in 2009. Just haven't picked out a date yet.

Thanks.

Maggie

Maggie, would you be open to staying in Long Beach over San Pedro? Much nicer area with a lot more to do. San Pedro is a port city, and Long Beach is actually part of the same port, just on the other side. Only a 10 minute cab ride over the bridge. What is the budget for hotel?

Maggie, would you be open to staying in Long Beach over San Pedro? Much nicer area with a lot more to do. San Pedro is a port city, and Long Beach is actually part of the same port, just on the other side. Only a 10 minute cab ride over the bridge. What is the budget for hotel?

Here is an overview of the ports ...

LB-SP.jpg

I would say $150-250...not sure what that would get in CA. I have always gone with a 4 star resort because even though it's only for one night it's all part of the vacation experience to me.

Thanks.

Archived