To all Hosts and the Administrator

Tvisitor

Did I do something wrong? I have been following the Sail7Seas--"almost on Carnival" thread in the hopes that Sail7Seas would tell more about what happened, and now I am being denied access to the thread with the following "vBulletin Message":

"Tvisitor, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

As far as I know, I haven’t violated any rules, and I certainly have not tried to "edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system."

This is the second thread I have been frozen out of with this same "vBulletin." Please explain it to me.

Tvisitor

I received the same message, my guess is the topic has been "put to rest" by the administrators. I don't believe it has anything to do with you.:cool:

As I understand it, that when threads become too personal or unpleasant, the administrators can remove them. I believe that is what happened in this instance.:o

I get it now, but I wasn’t sure because the "vBulletin" was sent to me as I was trying to open the fourth page of the thread, after reading page three. They must have been in the process of moving the thread (or removing it) as I was reading.

The same thing happened to me on another thread, and I am SURE I didn't do anything wrong because I had not even commented on it. I think it must have gotten quite unpleasant and it was removed. I approve of that kind of censorship in that this should be a pleasant way to spend time, IMHO!

Dee

:)

When I went off shortly after 1 PM, the thread was still - but it was getting unpleasant.

The same thing happened before on a thread I started - the topic changed partway through and became unpleasant, so the administrators removed it, closed it, or did something. But no one could get into the thread once it was "closed".

:)

I am surprised at this. Does it happen often?
More than it should, I think. But it's been quiet for awhile. One of the problems lies in the fact that we're not talking face to face. Many times things can be taken wrong because you can't see the wink, the smile. We always have to remember these are just words on a page and while we may be saying something tongue in cheek, it doesn't look that way in print. So it can cause problems. Very often, it can be fixed. But in the case of the thread we're talking about, I don't think it could.

The thread was down for a bit of pruning, then I had a computer issue (a PEBKAC*) that caused the thread to go to Celebrity rather than stay in HAL.

The thread is back where it belongs and is available for posts.

* See thread for a definition of PEBKAC.

Archived