I'm baaaaaaack...Miracle review, June 4th-12th

Sandi149

Glad to hear you had a great cruise! We were on the week before you May 27th-June 4th. I felt soo bad, because it was pouring the day you guys set sail.

We also had Patrick as our room steward (cabin 5158), and he was simply awesome! He was always walking around singing, and was just a really nice guy!

Wasn't he awsome Sabrina!!! He was singing and smiling and just a really nice guy. Was Herbert his assistant? He was fabulous also.

sandi

thanks for the great review...will be there Aug.15...one thing, how did you book the Sunny Liston Tour? Is it something that you think children will like? Have 3 ages 10, 13 and 15. Did you hear anyone talking about in PR the bioluminescence fish tour or in tortola swim with the dolphins? any info would be great.

thanks

lesley

mother of three

We booked him online. Here is his website. http://sunnylistontours.com/

You have to pay him beforehand through Paypal. It costs 25 p/p and I think it's excellent for children. There were a few kids on the tour. He is definitely worth every penny.

I didn't hear about those other tours you mentioned...sorry.

You will love the Miracle and will have a great time :D

Thank you so much for your review. I was waiting all day in anticipation for your review. I am glad you had a great time. We are going in August and can not wait!!

Would you recommend us to get there the same time as you arrived? Earlier/later???

I heard that the first people that arrive at the pier go to a waiting room. Then when more people arrive and this waiting room is full, they hang around and when they start the boarding process- those people actually board first.

Is this correct? I am trying to find the perfect time to arrive.

Thanks again and welcome home!!

Definitely get there around 10-10:30 because then you will get the seats in the building and will be able to get early checkin. After like 12:15 or so you have to stand in a long line. The people standing in the line boarded after us. They started the boarding at 12:30, we were on the Lido at 12:45. It was that quick.

Your review just added to my anticipation, only days to go! I won't say welcome home, cause you don't want to be here! Your heart is still at sea!

You will have a great time. Your right I don't want to be home. My heart definitely belongs to the Miracle and the sea. If I had the money, I would cruise every month. All it took was one long cruise to make me addicted. The best vacation I ever had and I have been to Europe, Mexico, Jamaica, California....lots of states too but nothing compares to this cruise.

Oh Sandi, I am so sorry to hear of your return to land. I know how hard it can be returning from the perfect vacation with your DH. I just did this in March and now I have to wait until Next July 4th to do it again. We are doing the Miracle. We did the Pride in March and we loved it. We still talk about it daily! You have my sympathies!

Welcome back Sandi, and thanks for writing this very nice review, sounds like you had a blast on this cruise. My only question is about Café Bohemia, where abouts is it located? I would like to check this place out when I get there next April. I can google it if you don't remember.

Fred

Hiya Mark,

Yes I did see the Eagle award in the lobby. :)

You know I can't remember what song it was. I just asked my husband and he can't remember either. Maybe it will come to me. The mind isn't working properly yet. I am still on the cruise......LOL:D

Have you gotten over the "Land motion" yet? It took me a couple of days to get over that floor is moving sensation. We had calm seas too. I wonder what that would be like after a rough cruise?:)

Sandi!

I was looking forward to your review!

I can't believe your cruise is over already!

Any pics?

Hey Pete

yeah it's over unfortunately. :( Had the best time though. Absolutely no complaints. Everything was pretty much perfect.:D

Yes, we have plenty of pics....my husband just has to finish uploading them to the computer and then I will post them on the web.

welcome baaaaaaack sandi!!! :D :p . i was just thinkin' about you today, actually. wondering when we might hear from you. your review was excellent! glad things went so well and you had such a great time.

how did you get to drop off your bags???? whenever the cabins haven't been ready for us, the doors have been locked. that's great that they let you do this.

san juan -- not my favorite POC either. i've been there 2x and cld do w/o it again, but i want to go on miracle, and she's going there, so i'm goin there.:D

st. thomas -- you musta been at megan's bay. that's where those famous daquaris are (restaurant on hilltop there). yum, yum. sunny was great huh? i have your link from the other time. i plan to book him. he takes you on a tour and also takes you to the beach w/ time to stay and relax there (not for a quick view, but to lay out & swim)?

tortola -- the baths are a sighseeing and beach excursion? that wld be nice!

did they have the Bathrobe & Beer party (which was a thread started while you were away, actually)?

what a nice thing to hear that the port "corral" was empty when you got there and that you walked right on.

finally, for your post cruise depression -- re-book w/ me! next july baby! woo hoo!

Welcome back Sandi, and thanks for writing this very nice review, sounds like you had a blast on this cruise. My only question is about Café Bohemia, where abouts is it located? I would like to check this place out when I get there next April. I can google it if you don't remember.

Fred

Hiya Fred,

Here is the address for Cafe Bohemio

100 Cristo St, Old San Juan (El Convento Hotel)

San Juan, PR 00901

(787) 723-9200

the bartender was fabulous. His name was Mike and he spoke perfect English and was so friendly. When I upload my pics you will see him and the place. Maybe now I can compete with you with your "BIG PICTURES"........LOL!!!!!! :D I highly recommend that place, it was a local place and very lovely. Definitely not your typical touristy place.

Have you gotten over the "Land motion" yet? It took me a couple of days to get over that floor is moving sensation. We had calm seas too. I wonder what that would be like after a rough cruise?:)

You know I actually don't have any land motion and I'm shocked. I think it might be cause I was taking the dramamine every day. I'm just really tired and worn out now. We went to bed late every night (between 12 and 1AM).....late for us older folks......LOL!!! And we were up between 6 and 7 every morning. So I think it's finally catching up with me. I hope I can sleep as well in my own bed as I did on the ship.

The seas were rough the second day out and I handled it very well. I thought I would get really scared but I didn't. I just told myself that nothing bad was going to happen and everything would be fine, and it was. Other than that one day we had smooth seas.

welcome baaaaaaack sandi!!! :D :p . i was just thinkin' about you today, actually. wondering when we might hear from you. your review was excellent! glad things went so well and you had such a great time.

how did you get to drop off your bags???? whenever the cabins haven't been ready for us, the doors have been locked. that's great that they let you do this.

san juan -- not my favorite POC either. i've been there 2x and cld do w/o it again, but i want to go on miracle, and she's going there, so i'm goin there.

st. thomas -- you musta been at megan's bay. that's where those famous daquaris are (restaurant on hilltop there). yum, yum. sunny was great huh? i have your link from the other time. i plan to book him. he takes you on a tour and also takes you to the beach w/ time to stay and relax there (not for a quick view, but to lay out & swim)?

tortola -- the baths are a sighseeing and beach excursion? that wld be nice!

did they have the Bathrobe & Beer party (which was a thread started while you were away, actually)?

what a nice thing to hear that the port "corral" was empty when you got there and that you walked right on.

finally, for your post cruise depression -- re-book w/ me! next july baby! woo hoo!

hiya True. :D

When we got off the elevators those doors, the watertight doors I believe they were that led to the hallways, were closed. My husband just opened them up, we walked to our cabin.....the door was open, dropped the bags in there and left. The cabin was about 3/4 done at that time.

No we went to Sapphire beach....those mountain top pics were looking down at Megans Bay. We had the banana daiquiri there.

Yes Sunny gives you about 2 hours at the beach. The whole trip lasts all day. He picked us up at 9AM and dropped us back off around 4:30. So it was a full day. I highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable and so funny. He sings songs and tells jokes and laughs. I still can remember him singing the "Days of the Week" song. He will also lock up your stuff in his truck so you don't have to worry about your purchases.

The baths tour is sort of sightseeing but mostly the beach part. We met on the pier at 8:15 and then it's a 45 min ferry ride over to Virgin Gorda. Then you board an open air taxi for a 10 minute ride to the Baths. That is where you start. Like I said in my review, there are 2 paths, one easy and one hard. The hard one has no facilities, only the easy one does. The easy one was pretty easy also. Not a very steep drop but like steps with landings. Also some rocks that you have to go over and around but I saw a few seniors doing it so you won't have any problems.

Nope no bathrobe and beer party but the night that we were in San Juan there was a Mexican/Spanish deck party at sailaway which looked very nice. We only stayed for a very short time because we were so tired and it was late.

I wish I could book for July. I would go in a heartbeat if I could. I hate being home with all the laundry, cooking and cleaning. Yuck!!!! :mad: I want to be back on my Miracle. I truly love that ship. :)

I forget to mention another thing. In St. Thomas we had brunch/snacks at this place in the Main St area called Gladys' Cafe. The place was a recommendation from a few people over on the St. Thomas board. Gladys' place was excellent. Gladys herself is a wonderful and very friendly lady. She had great food. We ate the conch fritters. My husband had a Bloody Mary for $3.00. Can't beat that price!!! And I had a freshly made mango drink which was delicious. So if you are looking for a very nice local place in St. Thomas, my recommendation is Gladys' Cafe. I love sampling the local food establishments when I travel. :D

...Yes Sunny gives you about 2 hours at the beach. The whole trip lasts all day. He picked us up at 9AM and dropped us back off around 4:30. So it was a full day...

....Nope no bathrobe and beer party.....

...I wish I could book for July...

how early did you book w/ sunny? and did you get sunny, himself? it wld just seem that w/ so many wanting him, him being one guy, getting him might be hard. does he send people out w/ people that work for him? i'd like to have him, as i have heard so many nice things about him.

too bad about the bathrobe & beer party. i was all excited over that.:D

about july...maybe you can. remember, i don't go until next july (2008).

how early did you book w/ sunny? and did you get sunny, himself? it wld just seem that w/ so many wanting him, him being one guy, getting him might be hard. does he send people out w/ people that work for him? i'd like to have him, as i have heard so many nice things about him.

too bad about the bathrobe & beer party. i was all excited over that.:D

about july...maybe you can. remember, i don't go until next july (2008).

We booked with Sunny last Nov. I wanted to make sure I got a spot reserved. He requires you to pay in advance now through Paypal which is secure so don't worry. Yes we did get Sunny himself and he is fabulous. He sings and is just so happy and makes everyone else happy too. You can't help but smile while on his tour. His wife also does the tour. We requested that we wanted him and I confirmed the week before and he told us that we would get him. Maybe if you book early and request it, you will get him also.

The Mexican deck party was probably similiar to the bathrobe and beer party. Just stick on your bathrobe and get a beer and you will have a Mexican bathrobe and beer party......LOL!!! :D

I gotta go to sleep now. I'm exhausted. Have a good evening True and I will be back tomorrow.

No more cabin steward making my bed.....no more ship rocking me to sleep. :(

Hiya Fred,

Here is the address for Cafe Bohemio

100 Cristo St, Old San Juan (El Convento Hotel)

San Juan, PR 00901

(787) 723-9200

the bartender was fabulous. His name was Mike and he spoke perfect English and was so friendly. When I upload my pics you will see him and the place. Maybe now I can compete with you with your "BIG PICTURES"........LOL!!!!!! :D I highly recommend that place, it was a local place and very lovely. Definitely not your typical touristy place.

Thanks, I will check this place out for sure.

Fred

Thank you so much for your review. I was waiting all day in anticipation for your review. I am glad you had a great time. We are going in August and can not wait!!

Would you recommend us to get there the same time as you arrived? Earlier/later???

I heard that the first people that arrive at the pier go to a waiting room. Then when more people arrive and this waiting room is full, they hang around and when they start the boarding process- those people actually board first.

Is this correct? I am trying to find the perfect time to arrive.

Thanks again and welcome home!!

YES! This was definitely the case when I went (2 weeks ago). All of the early arrivers were seated, and they form the giant check-in line starting with the back of the seating area. We walked in when they were starting the giant line, and they told us to join in. We ended up being the 8th and 9th people in line, and we arrived at noon. The people who arrived early were still seated and ended up at the back of the line. They take from the back of the seats and go towards the front.

Wasn't he awsome Sabrina!!! He was singing and smiling and just a really nice guy. Was Herbert his assistant? He was fabulous also.

No, we didn't have Herbert. We had a guy named I Gusti. My fiance was talking to him one day and he said he was excited that he was going home after our cruise after 7 months at sea! :eek: So Herbert must've took his place. He said he was getting 2 months off and then he would be back. He was amazing also!

Hi Sandi, Thanks for the great review! :) I have been patiently waiting for you to post it, as I knew it would be quite thorough! I'm glad to hear you pretty much had smooth sailing, as that was one of my only concerns. :( I am now looking foward to N&N more than ever. We did Palo on Disney Magic & were thoroughly impressed with it, so I look foward to seeing how N&N compares!:D Did you arrive back on time & how was deembarkation? I was hoping to see the Miracle on PiedPiper webcam, but it seemed to be down all morning. :( Again, thanks for the great review & welcome back! :)

Hi Sandi, Thanks for the great review! :) I have been patiently waiting for you to post it, as I knew it would be quite thorough! I'm glad to hear you pretty much had smooth sailing, as that was one of my only concerns. :( I am now looking foward to N&N more than ever. We did Palo on Disney Magic & were thoroughly impressed with it, so I look foward to seeing how N&N compares!:D Did you arrive back on time & how was deembarkation? I was hoping to see the Miracle on PiedPiper webcam, but it seemed to be down all morning. :( Again, thanks for the great review & welcome back! :)

Yes, we arrived back on time. I believe we docked around 8AM. Then around 9 they started doing the self assist program and around 10 they started calling the colors for the regular disembarkation. They called our color last so we left around 10:30. It was very organized though. We found our luggage and then got a porter who took us to the curb and we got on line for the cab to take us home. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes for a cab. Two ships were in port yesterday so it was a kind of crowded but not terrible. The worst part of it was the traffic going home. Took us over an hour get home.

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise. A friend of mine was honeymooning on this cruise. Both first timers.

Archived