What should you buy on a Cruise Ship?

Unfortunately our cruise is Western bound. I think we will probably only treat ourselves with one bottle anyway, but you still can't beat the great price if we decide to get more.

When I went comparing on Fri in the liquor store by me these are the prices that they wanted:

What we paid in St. Thomas/ NYC Liquor Store plus 8.325% tax

Absolute (we bought 5) 9.95/ 23.99

Grand Marnier 22.95/ 41.99

Baileys 17.95/ 26.99

Jose Cuero Teq 13.99/ 20.00

Glenlivet 12 yr

old Single malt 24.95/ 43.99

Bombay Sapphire Gin 14.95/ 31.99

So you can see the major difference in price.

Virtually every cruiseship duty-free shop will offer 2-for-1 liquors, too. If they happen to be ones you buy, it's a great deal. For example, on one cruise I took, Crown Royal was offered at a 2-for-1 @ $32 price. Liter bottles. Locally, that's equal to more than a 50% savings. Another trip, Johnnie Walker blended Scotches were 2-for-1.

Of course, paying even a great price for something you don't really want isn't a bargain. But if it happens to be something you buy anyway, well, buy it!

I bought 2 liters of Johnny Walker Black on the last cruise for $47.95 total. Thats about the best price I can get for a liter here.

I looked at the liquor flyer from the last cruise and for flavor vodka's, they were advertising Smirnoff Twists any 4 at $29.95, any 3 for $24.05, any two for $16.95, and $8.95 for singles. The flavors wer Vanilla, Citrus, Ornage, Raspberry, Green Apple, and Cranberry.

They also had Cruzan Flavor Rum for 4 for $24.95, 3 for $19.95, and 2 for $14.95. The flavors were Coconut, Bannana, Vanilla, and Pineapple.

My DD just got off of the Holiday last week and I'll check to see if she brought back a liquor duty free price list.

I bought 2 liters of Johnny Walker Black on the last cruise for $47.95 total. Thats about the best price I can get for a liter here.

I looked at the liquor flyer from the last cruise and for flavor vodka's, they were advertising Smirnoff Twists any 4 at $29.95, any 3 for $24.05, any two for $16.95, and $8.95 for singles. The flavors wer Vanilla, Citrus, Ornage, Raspberry, Green Apple, and Cranberry.

They also had Cruzan Flavor Rum for 4 for $24.95, 3 for $19.95, and 2 for $14.95. The flavors were Coconut, Bannana, Vanilla, and Pineapple.

My DD just got off of the Holiday last week and I'll check to see if she brought back a liquor duty free price list.

We got a 5 pack of that flavored Cruzan Rum for 19.95.

do you think getting the room decorations are worth it? they have some honeymoon ones.

has been a nik name of mine as well....for years..starting on the Sitmar line in the 70's..I was Italian then..now just sorta Princess-like:D

What I bought in St. Thomas, that they also have on the ship is Larimar. It is a pretty light turquoise stone. I got earrings, necklace and a bracelet. I don't have any Tanzanite yet, but I love it! I think you will enjoy buying something at the ports you will be visiting.......

What I bought in St. Thomas, that they also have on the ship is Larimar. It is a pretty light turquoise stone. I got earrings, necklace and a bracelet. I don't have any Tanzanite yet, but I love it! I think you will enjoy buying something at the ports you will be visiting.......

I am such a larimar junkie. The stone is a really pretty blue. Every time I cruise it goes up in price. Now is the time to buy.

We have started buying a Christmas ornament too. I also purchased a nice silver clip magnet that has the ships name and picture on it.

I don't recommend the 2 for $20 tshirts as they shrimk a lot. :p DH now has a muscle shirt. :p

I love the ornaments too. When I'm looking for a t-shirt I always check to see if it is pre-shrunk cotton, then I buy my size, if not I get one size larger.

• 2 years later...
Hi, I am going on my first cruise in August for my honeymoon. We are going on the pride. Do you have any suggestions of things we should get on the ship?

I can tell you that if you find that you forgot to pack a deck of cards you can go to guest services and they will give you a deck free of charge. Oh wait, you are on your honeymoon so I don't think you will have time to play cards. Have fun!:)

I can tell you that if you find that you forgot to pack a deck of cards you can go to guest services and they will give you a deck free of charge. Oh wait, you are on your honeymoon so I don't think you will have time to play cards. Have fun!:)

This thread is 3 years old, I'm sure they are way beyond the honeymoon:eek:...lol!!!!

On our honeymoon cruise we brought our wedding attire and took pictures on formal night. Then we bought a canvas of our favorite one. It is such a special keepsake. I also like buying wallets and cheap watches and bought my fanciest set of pearls on the last day of a cruise at a great price. We also buy an ornament on our cruises.

We've bought some diamond jewelry on past cruises and have been very happy with the items. My wife had one of the rings looked at locally and it was valued at quite a bit more than what we paid for it. Plus, every time she looks at them she remembers which cruise we bought them on.

OK, I get that this is a resurrected thread...but can anyone tell me do they still have Bijoux Terner in the stores on board? That would be something I would spend a little bit on :D

We usually buy a t-shirt for each of us with the ship's name on it. DW buys a Christmas ornament, I collect golf balls so if they sell them with the ship's name on it, I get one. Also get the white photo album with a picture of the ship on the cover. I also get a model of the ship. Wish I would have started earlier on them. I missed the first three and don't feel like dropping $75 at one time to get them now on E-Bay. Guess we'll just have to go back to those three ships again. ;)

Archived