Celebrity Solstice lives...with plans, cabins & published itineraries!

kcb

Official Measurements:

Length: 1,033 ft

Width: 121 ft

Tonnage: 122,000 tons

Pax: 2,850

Also, something I noticed, it it looks like the Double Smoke Stack is the correct way this ship will be built. Look at this picture back in October where they began building the Solstice, the ship they are holding has the double stacks.

celebsolstice.jpg

CelebritySolstice.jpg

Ad_2339_15.jpg

I don't know why they would deviate from the traditional smoke stack that is common on all X ships.

DH had this up & waiting for me when I got home--could not make it work at the office Not much else added--just the deck plans & a few extra photos. I was disappointed that there are no plans of the public decks which whiz by as you try to study them... Still can't tell if there is a real T pool or just the big solarium as shown. We have a nicer itin on Jewel (Royal Carib) in Jan & will get to stay longer in Tortola. Guess we will wait for the early reviews..

Darren--great trip for you on QM 2 to Bahamas. Now that's a great ocean liner with mucho class--check out the Spa!

I think it's a little premature to call the ship design a disappointment. We've barely seen any of it you. We've seen diagrammatic room layouts, but that hardly indicates the final result. We have no idea at all on any of the activity decks.

As for the one funnel old style versus the two stack new style...I agree I liked the overall design of the larger one stack that was in the premature Meyer Werft brochure. But, if they would have done that, I think just as many people would have been saying "where's the change, it's just a larger M-class." And...after looking at that Solstice rendering all day...it's kinda growing on me...especially if they add a little blue paint.

...it's kinda growing on me...especially if they add a little blue paint.

Agreed - I think the paint job will make all the difference in the world.

When I first saw the rendering I thought it looked a bit like the love child of the Freedom, Serenade, and M-class with a dash of Oosterdam (the dual funnels) thrown in for good measure.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the ship progresses from the 3D rendering we've seen to the actual, finished product.

I think it's a little premature to call the ship design a disappointment. We've barely seen any of it you. We've seen diagrammatic room layouts, but that hardly indicates the final result. We have no idea at all on any of the activity decks.

And...after looking at that Solstice rendering all day...it's kinda growing on me...especially if they add a little blue paint.

Hi Darren !

I agree with your comments. I feel it is unfair to call Solstice a disappointment, when we know about 10-20% of the details. So far, I am pleased. However, we have a LONG way to go before I make any final thoughts about her.

IMHO, I am far more interested in what the rest of Solstice will look like, especially the interior public areas. I dont see the logic of judging the ship on a few very basic images. We probably have a bit of a wait to see the rest.

I am a happy camper. I recieved what I asked for, and I am happy that Celebrity is listening to us !

Darren--great trip for you on QM 2 to Bahamas. Now that's a great ocean liner with mucho class--check out the Spa!

Yes...I can't wait. I love being able to take a cab to the Pier (or in the case of the last Dawn cruise...we walked to the pier). We've already got our spa appointments booked...so I'll check it out.

Did anybody pick up on this on the Captain's Club Solstice page?:

"...to transcendnt dining options inspired Las Vegas culinary innovators Blau and Associates, Celebrity Solstice will surpise and delight guests..."

So, they have a new VP of food and beverage service...and and Blau and Associates as a consultant. Check out Elizabeth Blau's bio...IMPRESSIVE:

http://www.elizabethblau.com/our_team/eb_bio.htm

Did anybody pick up on this on the Captain's Club Solstice page?:

"...to transcendnt dining options inspired Las Vegas culinary innovators Blau and Associates, Celebrity Solstice will surpise and delight guests..."

So, they have a new VP of food and beverage service...and and Blau and Associates as a consultant. Check out Elizabeth Blau's bio...IMPRESSIVE:

http://www.elizabethblau.com/our_team/eb_bio.htm

All I can add is WOW!!!!!:D

I am very eager to try Celebrity again, but was never really sattisfied with the Suite product. After looking at the web side, I'm kind of shocked! Even the Millenium Class ships have nicer Penthouse and Royal Suites! They should really do some inovation and make it better then the rest! So far Norwegian Cruise Line (new ships) has for me the best choice, layout and service in Suites...so I can not wait, until NCL lets us know about the new ships to come out in 2009!

I am very eager to try Celebrity again, but was never really sattisfied with the Suite product. After looking at the web side, I'm kind of shocked! Even the Millenium Class ships have nicer Penthouse and Royal Suites! They should really do some inovation and make it better then the rest! So far Norwegian Cruise Line (new ships) has for me the best choice, layout and service in Suites...so I can not wait, until NCL lets us know about the new ships to come out in 2009!

Intestering comments since you seem to be an NCL kind of cruiser anyway!

Why come over here & insult?????

I am a happy camper. I recieved what I asked for, and I am happy that Celebrity is listening to us !

Andy,

I totally agree...looks like we are finally getting the idea that feedback is important and the response suggests they listened. Looking forward to more details and thinking about a March 2009 anniversary (for us) cruise. Wish the itinerary was more appealing but since we haven't been to the Caribbean in several years, we will enjoy wherever we go. Now if I can just get the site to work on Firefox, Ill be happier.

The itinerary('ies) are boring!!! Sure hope they make some interesting additions!!!!

Been there done that, WHY would I want to do that again on a newer ship???? And more than once?????:confused:

Some diversity PLEASE!!!!!!

Intestering comments since you seem to be an NCL kind of cruiser anyway!

Why come over here & insult?????

NOT a insult! I just wait until something better comes out! I hoped for the new celebrity ships!!!! The intinerary YES is boring, but for a wekk is just optimum. The best the Caribbean has to offer for a big ship.

I really wished there would be a 2nd line who would treat theire Guests like NCL in the premium category and still have the possibility to be on a big ship with all the ammeneties!

I plan to try again...since it is not final palning stage in January 09!

I agree NCL really does take good care of their suite passengers. Those Garden Villa's are amazing.

Hi Everyone !

I am happy that we have the deckplans, and a few photos. I agree that I would like to see the current paint scheme on Solstice (she looks like a Royal Caribbean Ship at the moment), and the X back on the smokestack.

Hopefully, as the photos are likely done with software like Photoshop, these are just general ideas, and are not etched in stone.

Now, if we can only have pricing :)

Well tha tmakes me feel better I thought perhaps no one cared the prices--or that I was in the wrong place & it showed nothing...so lets see--they want us to just call & book to find out how much...would much rather browse around & know my prices--it sure looks spanking clean tho..

I agree NCL really does take good care of their suite passengers. Those Garden Villa's are amazing.

I have sailed many times in theire Owner's Suites, Garden Villas, Deluxe Owner's Suites and Courtyard Villas! After that, you do not even go back to a reagular Celebrity Penthouse...you would be dissapointed! i really had hope that there is something exclusive and similar on the new Celebrity ships!

The itinerary('ies) are boring!!! Sure hope they make some interesting additions!!!!

Been there done that, WHY would I want to do that again on a newer ship???? And more than once?????:confused:

Some diversity PLEASE!!!!!!

IMO, they have chosen to compete in the Caribbean market as they have a limited presence much of the year. Solstice is a big ship and I imagine the smaller X ships will do the more interesting itineraries. This one and her sisters has to appeal to a broader audience and they have a lot more berths to keep full.

They will market this ship as a destination (already doing that IMO) to compete with RCIs big ships, supposedly on a more elegant scale. Elegance, high quality food and service are much harded to deliver on a bigger ship so whether they will be successful remains to be seen.

She looks pretty, especially BLU, and the wording gives the impression that this will be an exclusive area for Aqua Class and only if space is available will others be allowed in. I believe this is their attempt to luxe up the experience for their customer base that does not want to give up the pampering and service levels X is known for.

It will be interesting to read early reviews from those passengers who appreciate what Celebrity offers on their current ships versus those that that look forward to a bigger ship with more options period. Something has to give on a ship that size, IMO, so I will be curious as to how much the onboard ambiance will change.

IMO, they have chosen to compete in the Caribbean market as they have a limited presence much of the year. Solstice is a big ship and I imagine the smaller X ships will do the more interesting itineraries. This one and her sisters has to appeal to a broader audience and they have a lot more berths to keep full.

They will market this ship as a destination (already doing that IMO) to compete with RCIs big ships, supposedly on a more elegant scale. Elegance, high quality food and service are much harded to deliver on a bigger ship so whether they will be successful remains to be seen.

She looks pretty, especially BLU, and the wording gives the impression that this will be an exclusive area for Aqua Class and only if space is available will others be allowed in. I believe this is their attempt to luxe up the experience for their customer base that does not want to give up the pampering and service levels X is known for.

It will be interesting to read early reviews from those passengers who appreciate what Celebrity offers on their current ships versus those that that look forward to a bigger ship with more options period. Something has to give on a ship that size, IMO, so I will be curious as to how much the onboard ambiance will change.

I just hope that as new details come out on the Solstice class that X does not start closing of certain parts of the ships to non-suite or Aqua Spa passengers like they used to do with the tholassotherapy pools on the Century Class ships. That would be a big mistake, you get extras for beign a suite passenger but all public areas of the ship should be open to all passengers even if they have to pay for the dining etc...

Archived