Celebrity Solstice lives...with plans, cabins & published itineraries!

kcb

When I try to download it, it stops at 80%. I think that is because everyone is on it. Can someone tell me if they still have the FV cabins on the Solstice? That is our favorite cabin and would be very sad if they got rid of the FV's.

Thanks

Yes they still have them, HOWEVER they are 700+ sq ft, with 2 bedrooms and looks to be a very large "great/living" room and the balconies run from 53-105 sq ft AND they are all up front!!! None aft. I bet Celebrity will REALLY put the rules down for booking these!!!

this is all looking like the kind of arrogance that we saw from them over the recent Azamara Journey debacle: "we're the cruise line, we know best, and what we do is right!".

I'm quite surprised by your comment as I read the very humble apology about the Azamara fiasco and it certainly didn't come across as "we're the cruise line, we know best, and what we do is right!"

Just got my Capt Club postcard in the mail and I currently can't access the Solstice info page on the Celebrity website....:( Guess I'll have to wait until I get home from work this evening. Lunchtime is over!!!!

Looking forward to check it out!

Hi,

I tried the methods posted on this forum but still not able to get to the correct web page. I clicked on "Celebrity Solstice : Exclusive Two-Week Booking Period for Captain's Club Members Only" link but I got webpage cannot be found message.

Can someone tell me the itinerary for Solstice?

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I tried the methods posted on this forum but still not able to get to the correct web page. I clicked on "Celebrity Solstice : Exclusive Two-Week Booking Period for Captain's Club Members Only" link but I got webpage cannot be found message.

Can someone tell me the itinerary for Solstice?

Thank you

I received the offer at about 9:30 Pacific time and was able to access the deckplans etc. But about 20 minutes later I was unable to get back to that page. I think they may be doing some fixing since there were some problems, e.g. the deckplan kept scrolling even when you tried to stop.

I received the offer at about 9:30 Pacific time and was able to access the deckplans etc. But about 20 minutes later I was unable to get back to that page. I think they may be doing some fixing since there were some problems, e.g. the deckplan kept scrolling even when you tried to stop.

I was able to access deckplans, cabin drawings, and itineraries this AM but can't get back on the site. My guess is that there is a 'run' on the site by all of us eager to finally explore the ship. I'm going to wait and try again later - lots of details that I didn't check before. My first impression of cabin layouts is that they have done a great job of maximizing space with most cabins having verandas. Deckplans for common areas around the ship are not yet available.

We are thinking of booking for March 2009 since we've already booked fall 2008 on Azamara Quest. Have only booked so far in advance once and that one is coming up in Feb.... :)

Hopefully, as the photos are likely done with software like Photoshop, these are just general ideas, and are not etched in stone.
I agree Andy. It could still end up looking like this...

solstice.jpg

I agree Andy. It could still end up looking like this...

solstice.jpg

Hi Denb !

That photo is exactly like what I was referring to. I hope Celebrity will make it happen !

When you go to that page, don't go straight to the login dialog but look for the words 'CELEBRITY SOLSTICE EXCLUSIVE' on the r/hand side. Click on that, then you'll be asked to login, but after that you'll be taken to the correct page.

Don't log In first!

Thanks. It works for me but not through Firefox. I can access all the info with no problems on Internet Explorer.

Solstice looks just like the drawing I saw three months ago, two stacks without the X, but with a big X on the side.

Is there a power savings for air conditioning if the ship is white rather than blue??

Already not worth my effort! I did not have my CC card so had to call DH for my # Then I had no idea of what my user name might be as I leave that stuff to DH--so to my surprise I had a name--but had to create a new profile & then was rewarded with 3 chintzy pictures one of which I could not figure out what it was of.... So far it looks VERY BIG with a nice indoor pool--which hopefully does not reverberate llike a gymnasium!

Still no luck--guess they don't want all of us to join in & sign up! My happy couple photo is turning sour! Will try from another computer but since it seems so large not sure I am anything more than curious at this point!

So that's it then....well we haven't seen the other deckplans, but where's the new thinking, the "things" that will change the business in the future. Celebrity has always been the company that takes the lead in the cruise business and introduce new amenities, but so far I haven't seen anything new.

For sure the standard cabin has grown to the same size as the Concierge class cabins as on the M-series, but the rest of the cabins are the same in size and floorplan as the ones on the M-series. Why haven't the standard balcony cabins have a bath tub or why haven't the Penthouse suites been developed more? Why not as separate "villas" at the aft upper part of the ship with infinity pools and a private garden? Why not more close tie the Aqua Spa cabins to the actual spa? Why no top cabins with glass ceiling? Why nothing new?

I'm for sure now rethinking my cruise next year. Why go with Celebrity Solstice when Carnival has more exciting ships in their pipeline!?

I hope the rest of the ship will be featuring something more exciting then just larger bars, larger restaurants or 3 extra restaurants? If not then she's the biggest disappointment in cruise design in 20 years.

Well, if the little white picture is a true representation of the ship.. that's one ugly ship.. except for her bow.

Nice to see they moved the expensive suites... back to midship.

Archived