I Took Your Suggestion....can you help?

SakeDad

OK...I found a travel photography contest on the web and entered some of my HAL Alaska travel pics because so many of you said I should. But now I need your help...can you go to my pics at http://suitcase.concierge.com/sakedad and vote on them? This will bring them forward and get them noticed by the judges. I'll let you know how I do. Thanks for all the support!:)

Nathan

Thanks! I use a Panasonic FZ20...a real workhorse for me, then I edit them in Adobe Photoshop CS2, usually just "auto fix" and maybe an occassional "Shadow/Highlight" mode. I find this makes the pictures look more "real" vs digital.

edit:Love that dog pic! Cute tongue!

Thanks. I thought for sure they had to be taken with a DSLR, so that's inspiring to me. Was seriously thinking of getting the FZ80, but because of size I went with the Canon S3 IS. DH and I are doing a photo tour in Juneau. My pictures won't be as good as yours, but I still can't wait.

Is Sake your dog - very handsome. My Maggie hangs her tongue out when she's tired. It hangs out the side when she's exhausted. It's like a barometer for us. :p

Forgot to say....click on the "See all 66 items" link as I have 66 pictures entered. Then you can drag your mouse over the stars on the right and click how many stars you think it's worth.:D

Loved the photos....they literally jumped off the page....good job!

I hope you win...

We bring our Black Lab on all cruises with us.....She's a service dog and will be doing her 6th cruise in September. We have so much fun watching her observing the open seas and playing ball on deck; while peering over the side of the ship to catch a peak at the ocean.

I voted. Let us know what happens.

You have some real good photos there. I like your compostions.

I voted for many of them and will try to get back and vote for all of them but I've been there twice now and noticed that after a few photos, about 13 the first time, about 5 the second time, when I clicked next I started getting other peoples photos instead of yours. As I said, I keep going back until I see all of them.

SakeDad...

I too can't get all of your pictures..After about 10-15 of them others get mixed in with yours...I keep hitting next & find many others which are not your album..

Every one of yours & is beautiful..Also Loved the sleeping Gentleman & the flowers...Would love to see them all & vote for you..

Am I doing something wrong?:confused:

Betty

Loved the Chinese cooking pot! Wish I had been with you..... I'm working through now voting on the pics..... Hope you win!

Doing an edit as I meant to comment on Betty's post.... I found that once I did a submit on the stars that hitting back worked for me. What really worked best was to open each picture into a new tab (or window), doing the vote, and then closing that tab. That way the original 66 were still open in one of my tabs ;)

Loved the Chinese cooking pot! Wish I had been with you..... I'm working through now voting on the pics..... Hope you win!

Doing an edit as I meant to comment on Betty's post.... I found that once I did a submit on the stars that hitting back worked for me. What really worked best was to open each picture into a new tab (or window), doing the vote, and then closing that tab. That way the original 66 were still open in one of my tabs ;)

Thanks infohunter will try that..Did you sign in or could you vote without signing in? Betty

SakeDad...

I too can't get all of your pictures..After about 10-15 of them others get mixed in with yours...I keep hitting next & find many others which are not your album..

Every one of yours & is beautiful..Also Loved the sleeping Gentleman & the flowers...Would love to see them all & vote for you..

Am I doing something wrong?:confused:

Betty

WOW! Didn't realize they make it so hard to vote on one person's pics! If you click NEXT or BACK TO GALLERY it doesn't take you to MY pictures. You have to click on my name everytime.....sorry. embarassed.gif

THANKS!!! You rock!:D

SakeDad - your photos are fabulous. I voted on many of them.

If your browser has tabbed browsing, just open a picture in a different tab (or even a window). You can close the tab or window and do the same with the next picture. It was real easy.

SakeDad, I've said this before, but your photos are fab-u-lous!!!!! I've voted for a ton of them and will encourage our friends to do the same. You really have an eye for composition and a talent for capturing people, places and things. Good luck with the contest - please let us know how you fare, won't you? Best wishes from the "frozen tundra"!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Thanks infohunter will try that..Did you sign in or could you vote without signing in? Betty

No I didn't sign in.... I just select 5 stars and then hit submit! However I did open each of the pictures in a new tab so that I could vote on them and then close the tab... this way I still had a tab with all of the pics available to me.

For those that are interested suitcase.concierge.com and concierge.com sets cookies when you visit that page. That is how they keep track on if you have voted or not......

If you want to place more than one vote you need to clear your cookies first, then reload the page, and then vote again....

Also for those you that are still having trouble getting back to the pictures. After you hit submit on your vote... look just above the stars and you will see a link back to sakedad.

So the steps are select your picture. Hit 5 stars ;) select submit, then select sakedad (located above the stars), select another picture, and repeat.

Archived