News on the Holiday...

lovin2cruise

I got a message from my PVP today that he has finally gotten information on the replacement for the Holiday. It has not been officially released yet, but he said they were told the Sensation will be moved to Mobile when the Holiday leaves! He said people who book now for next year on the Holiday will be moved to the Sensation at the same price they paid for the Holiday (apparently it is cheaper). He didn't give the timeline for this. When I asked which ship would replace the Sensation he said there are potentially 4 or 5 ships that will end up being all switched around. Should be interesting!

Is this going to be the retirement of the Holiday? I also got wind of the Spirit repositioning to NOLA as well as several other moves. Nothing has been said were the Holiday and Fantasy will be going but I expect that the Fantasy will go into dry-dock for the re-branding to the "Carnival Fantasy" name.

So right, Kurban... It's possible the PVPs are speculating just as we are. Until I see an official media release from Carnival Corp., I won't take anything as fact.

WellDeserved - Yes, sadly, the Holiday will soon be retired from the Carnival fleet.:(

Typically you would be re-booked on whatever ship is put in its place.

Then what happens to the people that were booked on the ship that replaces Sensation..:p

At some point they will run out of ships and someone will be without a cruise.

Then what happens to the people that were booked on the ship that replaces Sensation..:p

At some point they will run out of ships and someone will be without a cruise.

Absolutely correct and those bookings will be cancelled and they will have to book something else. Happens all the time.

Hopefully whatever is at the top of the chain will be in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area so those with airfare booked will have lots of other choices.

Hi all. I just returned from a trip and during the debarkation talk the cruise director said that the Holiday was the only ship currently leaving from Mobile. They were in talks about adding a second ship because the port is doing so well and business is there. So I guess that will add some fuel to this rumor.

Hi all. I just returned from a trip and during the debarkation talk the cruise director said that the Holiday was the only ship currently leaving from Mobile. They were in talks about adding a second ship because the port is doing so well and business is there. So I guess that will add some fuel to this rumor.

Triumph to NOLA as planned. Sensation and Spirit to Mobile. How do you like them apples? :)

So right, Kurban... It's possible the PVPs are speculating just as we are. Until I see an official media release from Carnival Corp., I won't take anything as fact.

WellDeserved - Yes, sadly, the Holiday will soon be retired from the Carnival fleet.:(

We just booked the Holiday for this Sep---wanted to go on her before she is gone.

futaba951--I like them apples just fine! Just need some fairy dust sprinkled on them to make it so! I'm sure CCl knows what the market will stand in Mobile, but as a local who knows what THE LOCALS know, we think we're up to and DUE for some bigger and better! Your picks would fit perfectly for both a 5 and 7 day cruise.

Can you elaborate? I'm not up to date on other changes for Galveston-based cruises. :confused:

X and Princess will not be returning for the foreseeable future. RCI is pulling Slendour and sending Rhapsody to Asia. The only presence that RCI will have through '09 is Voyager for only 4 months during the winter. Carnival will be the only game in town for a couple of years at least.

X and Princess will not be returning for the foreseeable future. RCI is pulling Slendour and sending Rhapsody to Asia. The only presence that RCI will have through '09 is Voyager for only 4 months during the winter. Carnival will be the only game in town for a couple of years at least.

Thanks for the info. I thought I had heard that CCL wanted to increase it's sailings from Galveston but maybe that's outdated. Or maybe it's still true and they will take the slots vacated by Celebrity, Princess and RCI?

The ship is only 23 years old. Sailed her June 18th 1994. Watched the OJ chase on friday nite and sailed the Holiday the next day, Did the western Route

Hey friend Joe. Where's your usual sig?

Hey there Cotton - I read your posts often and I'm glad to hear from ya. I haven't changed my sig or my avatar... unless I'm leading some sort of sleep-walking, double life and my alter ego has been messing with it! :eek:

Archived