Grilled reuben on legend?

silverwolf

Hubby and I sailed on the Carnival Miracle last year and I fell in love with the grilled reubens. I had to have one every day.

Does the Legend serve grilled reubens? We have already booked the Legend for Sept. 08 and we are so excited. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Hubby and I met some great friends last year on the Miracle and we decided on the Legend for next year. I know the Legend is a sister ship to the Miracle so I was hoping for a grill station. Thanks!

I live in the South and can't find a reuben anywhere-perhaps I need to move to another part of the country.:D :D

Does anyone have a recipe?

Corned beef, sour kraut, swiss cheese and russian dressing on grilled rye bread, yum, you can also make them with turkey.

I live in the South and can't find a reuben anywhere-perhaps I need to move to another part of the country.:D :D

Does anyone have a recipe?

Sure - get some good rye bread, some sauerkraut (sp), some swiss cheese and corned beef, russian dressing or thousand island dressing. Grill and enjoy. Or my favorite recipe for one is book a Carnival cruise and when you get on the ship go straight to the deli and they will whip up one for you. lol!!

Sure - get some good rye bread, some sauerkraut (sp), some swiss cheese and corned beef, russian dressing or thousand island dressing. Grill and enjoy. Or my favorite recipe for one is book a Carnival cruise and when you get on the ship go straight to the deli and they will whip up one for you. lol!!

I'll have what she's having...

I love your recipe!! Thanks.:D

I love reubens but I guess my reubens are totally different. I make mine with deli chicken breast (flavored ones like salsa, sante fe, etc.), make my own thousand island dressing (mayo, relish, ketchup), use muenster cheese instead of swiss, sauerkraut, and rye bread, butter the sides and grill em like a grill cheese or put on a panini press.

BBQ season I make a reuben grilled sandwich but it's with bratwursts. You can use any brats but the BEST ones come from German markets so please go to one if ones near you. Boil the brats in beer (dark beer or hefeweizen), chopped onions, coriander seeds and mustard seeds. Then grill em on the grill. Pick any type of favorite bread like a hoagie roll (I like to split them open grill it for 30 secs in indirect heat, then roll em in foil and keep them warm so its like fresh bread). Make your thousand island or use thousand island and add some mustard. Put the swiss or muenster cheese on the grilled bread, smother with the thousand island, top with sauerkraut and some of the onion that was boiled in beer, split the sausage and add to the sandwich and eat!

Whenever I cook I always try new things that are not typical but it always ends up being great!

Our favorite reuben sandwich recipe: a small mound of freshly sliced corned beef, healthy pile of sauerkraut, 2 slices of swiss cheese and a dose of thousand island or Russian dressing piled between two pieces of rye bread. Lather outside of each piece of bread with mayonaise and grill until cheese melts down the side.

Love the sandwich. My waist and thighs hate the calories.:D

Dianne

PS: By the way, you can always tell the deli cook on a Carnival ship to add extra corned beef, kraut, dressing or cheese to your sandwich.

Archived