Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

The puppy picture of Wexy is so, so cute. I love it!

Cindy, I'm home for two days but when I get back to my desk on Friday and at my computer, I'm going to follow your instructions.....we'll see how I do. You guys may be sorry.

You know how nuts I am about Brenda. I have pictures of her going potty onboard a cruise ship; of her sleeping in Explorer's Lounge; of her sitting in the Princess Theatre........and, well you get the picture. My pictures have pictures!!! :rolleyes: I'll use restraint!!!

Roz, I have bored you guys to death with doggie pics, so don't hold back! I have been asking you for Brenny pics for years. Hopefully you will get the hang of it and post away!!!:D We got potty pics of Wex too, we can compare.

I love to see Brenny pics, shes gray like Miss B was.

Edited by rangeley

This is Ollie in front of the Gettysburg Museum of History. It was recently on "American Pickers". Less than 2 weeks and we will be in nice and cool Alaska! It is boiling hot in Maryland today!IMG_0649.jpg

What a cute dog!! I just saw that American Pickers the other day. I wish I was going to Alaska, my kind of place. It has been roasting here the past few days, In the 90's today and humid as can be. Poor Wex is laying in front of the air conditioner.

Roz, I have bored you guys to death with doggie pics, so don't hold back! I have been asking you for Brenny pics for years. Hopefully you will get the hang of it and post away!!!:D We got potty pics of Wex too, we can compare.

I love to see Brenny pics, shes gray like Miss B was.

I'm going back to the office on Friday and I'm going to try and post more pictures. I wasn't holding back on purpose......just a slow learner, at this! :(

The gray hair looks so weird on the top of her butt, it's changing her Black Lab look to a Chocolate/Black Lab mix.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

This is Ollie in front of the Gettysburg Museum of History. It was recently on "American Pickers". Less than 2 weeks and we will be in nice and cool Alaska! It is boiling hot in Maryland today!IMG_0649.jpg

What a great picture of Ollie - Such a cutie-pie!!!! He's a true testament that Service Dogs come in so many different shapes and sizes!!!! :)

We've been watching the weather all over the U.S. Some of us are getting hit hard with heat/humidity. I don't mind the heat so much but when it comes with the humidity......forget about it!!!!!! :(

I think it is so fantastic to see other four legged family members. Thanks for posting. I could do with some time in Alaska now its boiling hot here in Mississippi and the summer has yet to really get started. I am a little concerned about the up coming hurricane season.

I think this year will bring very bizarre weather changes to us all.

Here in L.A. it's very cool and lots of overcast. It's really "June-Gloom!"

I hope you guys don't see too many bad hurricanes, we all know how much damage they can cause. The tornadoes have reaked horrible damage to so many and our hearts go out to all those who have suffered through them.

We have an Alaska cruise in our sights for the summer of 2013. It's the one place my wife wants to go. I think Orson will like it better than Florida in July. :D

The sights and sounds in Alaska will be something I will never forget. Watching Brenda run through the rain and winds in Skagway, then trying to manuever ourselves up the gangway, through it all, will stay in memory for a long time.

You have something really wonderful to look forward to!!!!

Ok Roz I have some IF questions. IF you could talk Morey into cruising the Caribbean, where would you want to go? What time of year is good for you? and would you be willing to try one of the new celebrity ships?

Of course John is still trying to get me out to Cali but I keep telling him no. :D

Ok Roz I have some IF questions. IF you could talk Morey into cruising the Caribbean, where would you want to go? What time of year is good for you? and would you be willing to try one of the new celebrity ships?

Of course John is still trying to get me out to Cali but I keep telling him no. :D

Well, I was playing around with adding and subtracting pictures within Cruise Critic and as you can see all I managed to do was duplicate Brenda's Avatar twice - taking away the picture of the flower between her teeth.......Oh! To have an IT person as my shadow. I'm going to keep working on it. At least I didn't delete my girl totally!

Now, on to more important things - like cruising! Morey will NEVER go to the Caribbean again-NEVER - [those are his words!] That doesn't mean I won't go. I like Celebrity.

What are you thinking of? I like all of the Caribbean.....heck, I like cruising, I don't care where the ship goes. Not anymore. I'm not crazy about flying. The hassle and the cost of it can make cruising prohibitive. Let me know what you're thinking of.

You know I'm in the "waiting mode" for a "Successor" dog so I can't book anything during Team Training times. I already did that this year, with my September cruise booked right during the last Team Training set for this year. [i booked it before I knew that I would be retiring Brenda and it was all paid for!] I know Team Training for me, is January/April/June and September. I won't book anything in those months. I'm hoping to get into the January class for 2012. Unless they open-up something I don't know about.

For work; I can't plan vacations in February/March or May.

So - Jan./Feb./March/April/June/Sept. are all OUT.

That leaves July/August/Oct./Nov. and December. I would like to do the Pacific Northwest, again; next October [they'll be including Catalina in that one.] I'm going to book it when I'm onboard in September to get the FCC's and OBC's.

Let me know your plans....I'll see if I can jump onboard.

Well, I was playing around with adding and subtracting pictures within Cruise Critic and as you can see all I managed to do was duplicate Brenda's Avatar twice - taking away the picture of the flower between her teeth.......Oh! To have an IT person as my shadow. I'm going to keep working on it. At least I didn't delete my girl totally!

Now, on to more important things - like cruising! Morey will NEVER go to the Caribbean again-NEVER - [those are his words!] That doesn't mean I won't go. I like Celebrity.

What are you thinking of? I like all of the Caribbean.....heck, I like cruising, I don't care where the ship goes. Not anymore. I'm not crazy about flying. The hassle and the cost of it can make cruising prohibitive. Let me know what you're thinking of.

You know I'm in the "waiting mode" for a "Successor" dog so I can't book anything during Team Training times. I already did that this year, with my September cruise booked right during the last Team Training set for this year. [i booked it before I knew that I would be retiring Brenda and it was all paid for!] I know Team Training for me, is January/April/June and September. I won't book anything in those months. I'm hoping to get into the January class for 2012. Unless they open-up something I don't know about.

For work; I can't plan vacations in February/March or May.

So - Jan./Feb./March/April/June/Sept. are all OUT.

That leaves July/August/Oct./Nov. and December. I would like to do the Pacific Northwest, again; next October [they'll be including Catalina in that one.] I'm going to book it when I'm onboard in September to get the FCC's and OBC's.

Let me know your plans....I'll see if I can jump onboard.

Well we are in a hold pattern right now anyway. I'm just feeling you out. We are not going on any cruises in the next year. But the next cruise I want to go on is one of the new celebrity ships, like the Solstice class ships, comparable to Crown princess class. We have no idea what outcome Johns surgery will bring us. We may not be able to cruise at all. As far as destination in Caribbean, doesn't matter to me, love it all!!! We have only done one western carib, so maybe there. I'm sure you will have your new dog by the time we are ready, and as much as I would love to meet Brenny, I would be just as happy to meet the new one. I'm thinking more like Dec 2012 or Jan 2013, John loves to extend his Xmas vacation to make it almost a month!! Just thinking and wishing right now.

Cindy

Well we are in a hold pattern right now anyway. I'm just feeling you out. We are not going on any cruises in the next year. But the next cruise I want to go on is one of the new celebrity ships, like the Solstice class ships, comparable to Crown princess class. We have no idea what outcome Johns surgery will bring us. We may not be able to cruise at all. As far as destination in Caribbean, doesn't matter to me, love it all!!! We have only done one western carib, so maybe there. I'm sure you will have your new dog by the time we are ready, and as much as I would love to meet Brenny, I would be just as happy to meet the new one. I'm thinking more like Dec 2012 or Jan 2013, John loves to extend his Xmas vacation to make it almost a month!! Just thinking and wishing right now.

Cindy

Please count me in for a December cruise. Let me know how the plans go [if any] and what ship. Because we'll both have dogs with us, it'll be so much more fun.

I hope that John's surgery goes well for him and that where and when to cruise is his only problem. :)

This picture of Valentine is so adorable. What a cute girl. How old is Valentine?

Valentine is a big girl at the age of eleven same as Brenda. She is graying around her nblack eye. The funny that the older she gets the more her white fur turns black. It's very weird when bathing her she looks like she is getting large freckles all over. I love that little girl with all my heart and wish she was 2 again!;)

Valentine is a big girl at the age of eleven same as Brenda. She is graying around her nblack eye. The funny that the older she gets the more her white fur turns black. It's very weird when bathing her she looks like she is getting large freckles all over. I love that little girl with all my heart and wish she was 2 again!;)

I love how you talk about her.....it's exactly the way I feel about my Brenny!

I've always loved dogs [animals in general] but' date=' when Brenda came into my life [9 years ago'], she showed me how to truly love and cherish every moment and to not feel sorry for myself and move forward!

The lessons Brenda's taught me will sustain me forever! I only hope that I can live up to her pure heart and soul.

They did not want me to go on the stairs down below, because they were not sure if we can handle it. In USMC on security team, i used to sail down them. Jumper handled it well.

Philip, welcome to the thread and thanks for sharing your experiences onboard the Dream with your Service Dog "Jumper!" It sounds like you handled all the challenges really well.

We also enjoyed our Carnival cruises with Brenda and I wouldn't hesitate to go back onboard one of their ships. We had some challenges with the pottybox but it didn't take long for the Hotel Manager to correct them and also had some difficulties with some rowdy teenagers but Carnival did their best to meet the challenges and make everyone happy and, as we all know, that's not always an easy thing to do!!!!!

Let us know when you cruise again.

They did not want me to go on the stairs down below, because they were not sure if we can handle it. In USMC on security team, i used to sail down them. Jumper handled it well.

In the beginning, before Service Dogs were seen onboard cruise ships very much, the cruiselines didn't know how to approach us or what we were capable of doing.

Having Princess place Brenda's pottybox in the stairwell near our room was a wonderful decision for all of us. It was easy for me, easy for Brenda and got us out of the elements and away from other passengers. It's so much fun to watch Brenda walk out of the cabin, go down the hall and wait at the stairwell door. She did it once and knew it by heart from day one.

Everytime we cruise Princess we try to get the same cabin or a similar one near this stairwell.

It sure makes for easy cruising.

I plan to teach my "Successor Dog" all about the stairwell pottybox. ;)

Hopefully, he or she will have as many cruises under her/his collar as Brenda's had.