Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I am glad yall enjoy the pictures and videos; I often wonder if anyone is getting upset since I really do not speak much about cruises since I am still waiting to go on my first one.

No one will be upset at seeing the wonderful pictures that you share with us.

Sharing our amazing Working/Service Dogs with each other is part of this thread. Watching our dogs at play and work is so much fun. Going on a cruise and sharing that is truly the icing on the cake for all of us!!!

I hope that your cruise is really not too far in the future.

I am glad yall enjoy the pictures and videos; I often wonder if anyone is getting upset since I really do not speak much about cruises since I am still waiting to go on my first one.

I'm sure that you will never have anyone here get angry with you when you are talking about your dog. Blitz is a beautiful dog. I myself travel with a beautiful 10lb Japanese Chin as my service dog. She has been on 1 NCL, 3 RCCL, and 6 Carnival cruises. You will find as you cruise that it is up to you to contact each port and get approval for you dog to come asure. The cruiseline may do it for you in a pinch but it is really up to you. Anyway welcome and I too would give you a hug for your service if I saw you.

Love and licks,

Barbara and Valentine

Another cruise Roz??? I am jealous!! We do not plan to cruise this January like usual. We have no idea if Johns surgery will even work. He certainly cannot get in and out of the beds on a cruiseship the way he is. But hopefully this operation will work and he will be back to the way he was before. His surgery is scheduled for July 7th, so we have to wait a whole month. Wex needs to run with some doggies, so this weekend we have our monthly puppy class and he will get to run. He is loving the early release from the school year. When John gets up, he takes over the bed and goes back to sleep...bum!

Here's a few pics I took the other day. A friend in the building takes care of her neice, shes 14 months old and the cutest thing!! In the second pic of her, you can see her lips are pursed making the "woof" sound which I taught her to do. She adores Wexler and now that shes walking, she wants to pet him. Enjoy.

Cindy

432563923_WexlerintheGrass.jpg.30e182fe02011547ab13c6ef67e0761a.jpg

2041550123_WexandAbby052.jpg.ea32c005237dceb61d6f3ee0216619e0.jpg

1789663301_WexandAbby054.jpg.6b5e7d3968eadca201212f7a30c95949.jpg

Another cruise Roz??? I am jealous!! We do not plan to cruise this January like usual. We have no idea if Johns surgery will even work. He certainly cannot get in and out of the beds on a cruiseship the way he is. But hopefully this operation will work and he will be back to the way he was before. His surgery is scheduled for July 7th, so we have to wait a whole month. Wex needs to run with some doggies, so this weekend we have our monthly puppy class and he will get to run. He is loving the early release from the school year. When John gets up, he takes over the bed and goes back to sleep...bum!

Here's a few pics I took the other day. A friend in the building takes care of her neice, shes 14 months old and the cutest thing!! In the second pic of her, you can see her lips are pursed making the "woof" sound which I taught her to do. She adores Wexler and now that shes walking, she wants to pet him. Enjoy.

Cindy

Cindy, please give John my very best regards for a successful surgery. I know it's a month away.....but, hopefully, it will go quickly and he will get some relief.

That picture of Wex is so beautiful, I love his face. And, that little girl, what a doll. We have a little girl who lives across from us [4 years old] and she's madly in love with "Brenda" but with a lot of trepidation. She's known Brenda her whole life and still very "shyly" walks over to her to touch the very top of Brenda's head.

Give John a big (((( :) ))))) hug from me and Brenny. And here's an even BIGGER one for you (((:))))!

My daughter spent this weekend with me, this is Blitz and his lil sis that belongs to my daughter (she came from a Wis breeder).

246869_10150195573226198_588716197_7443539_3200432_n.jpg

And here is my daughters pup (Dia) with her new friend. Both are German Shepherds.

254926_10150195572021198_588716197_7443521_5004024_n.jpg

Edited by guitarest

My daughter spent this weekend with me, this is Blitz and his lil sis that belongs to my daughter (she came from a Wis breeder).

246869_10150195573226198_588716197_7443539_3200432_n.jpg

And here is my daughters pup (Dia) with her new friend. Both are German Shepherds.

254926_10150195572021198_588716197_7443521_5004024_n.jpg

There's something about a German Shephard that's so magical, even as puppies, they command respect.

Loving all the pictures. I am still challenged posting on this forum. I can post on my facebook, I can email, but still challenged with posting here:o

Finally, I have the go ahead to start researching a cruise!! Stipulation that it needs to be the caribbean, so that leaves out the MR for us this time. We will look at Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. Now, I am going to shoot for a 10 day!!!

Off to get a dog for hospital visitation. Not taking Cooler as she has been sooooooo many times. This dog is one of Cooler's roomates, so I know her fairly well. I'll post stories later. Maybe even try posting pictures again......

Loving all the pictures. I am still challenged posting on this forum. I can post on my facebook, I can email, but still challenged with posting here:o

Finally, I have the go ahead to start researching a cruise!! Stipulation that it needs to be the caribbean, so that leaves out the MR for us this time. We will look at Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. Now, I am going to shoot for a 10 day!!!

Off to get a dog for hospital visitation. Not taking Cooler as she has been sooooooo many times. This dog is one of Cooler's roomates, so I know her fairly well. I'll post stories later. Maybe even try posting pictures again......

Sounds like Sandy is doing better.....you're not saying a word!

I stopped doing the Caribbean because Morey didn't want to fly anymore. Now that he's not cruising for a while......I'll have to start re-thinking about the Caribbean, I really enjoyed our trips there in the past.

Enjoy your doggie outing.

Okay, I tried to upload a picture of Brenda to include....Help!!! How do you do it?

I know I did it into my avatar and within the email initially. But, what the heck? Why can't I do it in the email I'm sending?

Cindy, Guitarist........Advice please! :confused:

Roz: what you need to do to get a picture in a post is to have the picture located either on facebook (must be shared so everyone can see it) or at the many free picture websites on the internet. If you use my picture of blitz and his sister as a example follow these steps to post a picture here or any forum. First step is post your picture on the internet; my pictures are hosted on my personal website. So using my pictures as a example take and move your mouse cursor above Blitz and Dia picture. With the cursor above the picture click the right button on our mouse. This will force a small sub menu to pop up and the option you want is to "Copy image location", this is the HTML code where the picture is located on the internet. Then within your post you will see most forums have a icon for pictures that look like this insertimage.gif, right click your mouse again and hit paste. The picture of Blitz and dia should show in your post, unless you used a different picture as a example.

Hope this helps.

Fantastic, its about time I see other pups here. Getting tired of seeing that dog Blitz.......... ;)

Yeah! Don't get so excited......:( All my pictures are in my computer [not on the internet] and, unless you get over here, right now.....it looks like what you see of Ms. "B" is all anyone's going to get.

How do I transfer my pictures from jpg files and the ones I have stored on "my pictures", in my computer, to here? I can send them via email, now to just paste them here!!!!

Cindy has sent some great pictures of Wex.

Teach me how to get them from "my files" to here!!!!

Yeah! Don't get so excited......:( All my pictures are in my computer [not on the internet] and, unless you get over here, right now.....it looks like what you see of Ms. "B" is all anyone's going to get.

How do I transfer my pictures from jpg files and the ones I have stored on "my pictures", in my computer, to here? I can send them via email, now to just paste them here!!!!

if you want you can join a hosting site, or if its a few pictures maybe just email me and I'll throw them on my box and post the pics for ya....

if you want you can join a hosting site, or if its a few pictures maybe just email me and I'll throw them on my box and post the pics for ya....

I'll be away from desk for the next few days. We'll talk again on Friday. Send me your email address.

sure how do you pm or hell my email is guitarest_99 at yahoo dot com; this is my yahoo account feel free to email me a picture or two.

Thanks so much for helping with this. I can't wait to share my girl with everyone!!!

Besides seeing the great picture of Brenny with a flower in her teeth and on my avatar, I hope to share much more.

Its so easy Roz. Guitarist way is completely different than mine as we have all our pics in "my pictures" just like you. Under the box you type your message in theres a box "manage attachments" click on that and a new window will come up. Click "browse" and find your pictures. When you find the pic you want, double click it and it will show up next to the browse button. Hit the upload button, when it loads you can get rid of that window and the file will show up where you first clicked on manage attachments. When you are done with your message just click submit reply and your pic will be there. You will do it once and be amazed how easy it is. Heres a Wex puppy pic.

DSCF3936.jpg.5f70ea62c6d55006bbebcb6e87a07eb2.jpg

Edited by rangeley

b2010.jpg

B2011.jpg

What a pretty lady Roz

Guitarist, thank you so much for sharing the pictures of my Brenda with everyone. It's so neat to see her pictures on this thread.

The first picture is onboard the Carnival Splendor, we were sitting outside waiting for the movie to start.

The second one is inside my office. She's wearing one of the new collars I bought her.

She's an 11 year old, English Black Lab and as you can see by the gray hair on her face these are very recent pictures. The gray hair is now on her tummy, in her ears and on her butt. It came on so fast!

I love this dog like no other dog I've ever known in my life. She's a true miracle worker not only for me but now in Morey's life too!!!!

Its so easy Roz. Guitarist way is completely different than mine as we have all our pics in "my pictures" just like you. Under the box you type your message in theres a box "manage attachments" click on that and a new window will come up. Click "browse" and find your pictures. When you find the pic you want, double click it and it will show up next to the browse button. Hit the upload button, when it loads you can get rid of that window and the file will show up where you first clicked on manage attachments. When you are done with your message just click submit reply and your pic will be there. You will do it once and be amazed how easy it is. Heres a Wex puppy pic.

The puppy picture of Wexy is so, so cute. I love it!

Cindy, I'm home for two days but when I get back to my desk on Friday and at my computer, I'm going to follow your instructions.....we'll see how I do. You guys may be sorry.

You know how nuts I am about Brenda. I have pictures of her going potty onboard a cruise ship; of her sleeping in Explorer's Lounge; of her sitting in the Princess Theatre........and, well you get the picture. My pictures have pictures!!! :rolleyes: I'll use restraint!!!

I think it is so fantastic to see other four legged family members. Thanks for posting. I could do with some time in Alaska now its boiling hot here in Mississippi and the summer has yet to really get started. I am a little concerned about the up coming hurricane season.