Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Happy Birthdat Roz-----have a great day.

Hi everyone-----have been busy with my painting---show is coming up soon. If I put it in correctly, you might be able to see it in my signature. :confused:

Hope everyone had a great week and a better weekend. We have had some much needed rain here in the last few days.

arhillbilly thanks for sharing--very nice.

Nancy----hope you are having a better day today. And a speedy recovery to your husband. Sounds like he is on the right road. My husband stopped smoking about 4 yrs ago and still wants one. :eek:

Thank you, Trudy. Congratulations on your art work and good luck with your show.

Well, I got the pictures changed, bbuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttt they are so small, you can't see them. I don't know how to make them bigger. I am not a computer person. :(

They are feathers that I paint.

Have a good weekend.

Amazing, I, too, wish you could make them bigger for us to enjoy!

Amazing, I, too, wish you could make them bigger for us to enjoy!

If you want to send me an e mail----posted to the right of my name at Yahoo-----I will try to get them on the e mail to you. This is just a hobby of mine but I love it.

Cindy----if you want to do an e mail, I will try to send them to you also. Just write paintings in the subject, so I don't delete :p

Trudy

Guys and Gals; sorry its been one hell of a month so I have not kept people in the loop with the latest news.

This is Sebastian, he is yet another rescue in my program. His future handler is a Afghan Wounded Warrior still on Active Duty with the USAF. I am training Sebastian to assist MSgt Sharp with his PTSD and Mobility; MSgt Sharp is stationed at Pope AFB until they finalize his medical retirement from the USAF. Upon completion this will be 5 dogs trained to assist veterans with various medical conditions.

SDITSeb.jpg

The day of his adoption; I had already worked with him about a week to make sure he was the right temperament to becoming a service animal.

SDITSeb1.jpg

Again I am such a firm believer that rescued animals know that you just saved their lives.

SDITSeb2.jpg

Whats that saying, Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal

SDITSebandChloe.jpg

Here is Sebastian and Chloe; Chloe graduated the basic course and I continue to work with her and her veteran for months after they are paired to make sure they are a good team and that the veteran continues to follow the program. Should any veteran not follow the program he/she takes a chance to lose their SD since there is a huge line of those veterans willing to continue the program to receive a dog. This is public access and socialization training for both dogs and Chloe's veteran who is a combat wounded veteran who served in Afghan.

Guys and Gals; sorry its been one hell of a month so I have not kept people in the loop with the latest news.

This is Sebastian, he is yet another rescue in my program. His future handler is a Afghan Wounded Warrior still on Active Duty with the USAF. I am training Sebastian to assist MSgt Sharp with his PTSD and Mobility; MSgt Sharp is stationed at Pope AFB until they finalize his medical retirement from the USAF. Upon completion this will be 5 dogs trained to assist veterans with various medical conditions.

SDITSeb.jpg

The day of his adoption; I had already worked with him about a week to make sure he was the right temperament to becoming a service animal.

SDITSeb1.jpg

Again I am such a firm believer that rescued animals know that you just saved their lives.

SDITSeb2.jpg

Whats that saying, Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal

SDITSebandChloe.jpg

Here is Sebastian and Chloe; Chloe graduated the basic course and I continue to work with her and her veteran for months after they are paired to make sure they are a good team and that the veteran continues to follow the program. Should any veteran not follow the program he/she takes a chance to lose their SD since there is a huge line of those veterans willing to continue the program to receive a dog. This is public access and socialization training for both dogs and Chloe's veteran who is a combat wounded veteran who served in Afghan.

Rocko, congratulations on the work that you're doing. Sebastian's eyes actually brought tears to mine.

It's so wonderful what you're doing for our service men. I'm a huge fan of your work and what you're doing for these dogs. You're giving rescue's a new life and filling them with great pride in their accomplishments. It's so fulfilling for all of you.

Thanks again and welcome back.

If you want to send me an e mail----posted to the right of my name at Yahoo-----I will try to get them on the e mail to you. This is just a hobby of mine but I love it.

Cindy----if you want to do an e mail, I will try to send them to you also. Just write paintings in the subject, so I don't delete :p

Trudy

Trudy, Email me at bailee01@hotmail.com

We had a busy weekend. It all started Friday night 10:30. My mom called and said she needed to go to the hospital. I had talked to her earlier in the day and she had chills and a fever. Now here's the unbelieveable part. She calls me in Boston, when my brother and my son are feet away from her. :eek: I told her to hang up and either call 911 herself or have my brother do it. Long story short, she has another UTI. These UTIs are very strange in the elderly. No symptoms at all until the chills. Last time she had one was a year ago when I brought her here during the no power snowstorm, and she passed out in the apartment. Anyway she is feeling great after a few days on pills. Needless to say I was up til 2am and had to get up at 6am for the ADA event that was 2 hours away.

The event was great, lots of people and even some fraternity guys who took a pic with the dogs for their facebook page. They wanted to do some volunteer work with us if possible. Got home about 4:30 and had to get ready for the birthday party. That went great and by 10:00 we were pooped and came home. Yesterday we had lunch with friends about an hour away and then they took us on a tour looking for eagles. Saw a hawk but no eagles. The weather here is just beautiful! I love fall and all the trees changing color. At night you can smell all the peoples fireplaces and wood stoves. Nice crisp air, love it!!!! :D

Our final payment is due tomorrow. UGH :( I hate that day. Maybe I will just make it today, the cruise is not going to go down in price until after everyone has made their payment.

Wex has his yearly vet appointment Thursday. In the past 2 weeks he has grown some kind of wart like thing on his ear. :mad: It grew so fast. Now everyone that touches him think its a tick. YUCK We will be having that thing cut off as soon as we can.

Cindy

We had an interesting thing happen the other night. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Orson was laying down next to me on one side of the table and Ocho was under the table between my wife & daughter on the other side of the table. There was an older woman sitting by herself behind us. After she paid her check she walked up to my wife and asked her if we were raising the puppy. My wife told her we were CCI puppy raisers and the dog next to me was our daughter's service dog. She then dropped 5 twenty dollar bills on the table saying we were doing something wonderful and she was paying for our dinner. I told her there was no reason for her to do that. She wasn't taking no for an answer. I then told her the only way I would take her money was if she allowed me to donate it to CCI. She said that was fine and walked away. When the server came over I asked him if she knew the woman so maybe I could get her name. He said she told him she lived in Florida and was up visiting for the week. We told him what she did and he said she was

pretty generous with him too.

We had an interesting thing happen the other night. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Orson was laying down next to me on one side of the table and Ocho was under the table between my wife & daughter on the other side of the table. There was an older woman sitting by herself behind us. After she paid her check she walked up to my wife and asked her if we were raising the puppy. My wife told her we were CCI puppy raisers and the dog next to me was our daughter's service dog. She then dropped 5 twenty dollar bills on the table saying we were doing something wonderful and she was paying for our dinner. I told her there was no reason for her to do that. She wasn't taking no for an answer. I then told her the only way I would take her money was if she allowed me to donate it to CCI. She said that was fine and walked away. When the server came over I asked him if she knew the woman so maybe I could get her name. He said she told him she lived in Florida and was up visiting for the week. We told him what she did and he said she was

Thats awesome!! Nice to know there are still nice people out there! :D

So nice that good people are still out there. I had this happen to me on a train one time. A pastor paid for the dinner of the other three people sitting at his table. I try to do the same thing, if I have the chance.

Nancy, How is hubby doing??

Cindy: Sorry I forgot to update. He is home. Doing well. He is walking, we are eating meat and salad or veggies and he is not smoking. So far so good. Of course the little neighbor boy just knocked on the door and Jezzy used Papa as a launch pad to get to the door! :eek:

Cindy: Sorry I forgot to update. He is home. Doing well. He is walking, we are eating meat and salad or veggies and he is not smoking. So far so good. Of course the little neighbor boy just knocked on the door and Jezzy used Papa as a launch pad to get to the door! :eek:

Wonerful news that you are home.

We had a busy weekend. It all started Friday night 10:30. My mom called and said she needed to go to the hospital. I had talked to her earlier in the day and she had chills and a fever. Now here's the unbelieveable part. She calls me in Boston, when my brother and my son are feet away from her. :eek: I told her to hang up and either call 911 herself or have my brother do it. Long story short, she has another UTI. These UTIs are very strange in the elderly. No symptoms at all until the chills. Last time she had one was a year ago when I brought her here during the no power snowstorm, and she passed out in the apartment. Anyway she is feeling great after a few days on pills. Needless to say I was up til 2am and had to get up at 6am for the ADA event that was 2 hours away.

The event was great, lots of people and even some fraternity guys who took a pic with the dogs for their facebook page. They wanted to do some volunteer work with us if possible. Got home about 4:30 and had to get ready for the birthday party. That went great and by 10:00 we were pooped and came home. Yesterday we had lunch with friends about an hour away and then they took us on a tour looking for eagles. Saw a hawk but no eagles. The weather here is just beautiful! I love fall and all the trees changing color. At night you can smell all the peoples fireplaces and wood stoves. Nice crisp air, love it!!!! :D

Our final payment is due tomorrow. UGH :( I hate that day. Maybe I will just make it today, the cruise is not going to go down in price until after everyone has made their payment.

Wex has his yearly vet appointment Thursday. In the past 2 weeks he has grown some kind of wart like thing on his ear. :mad: It grew so fast. Now everyone that touches him think its a tick. YUCK We will be having that thing cut off as soon as we can.

Cindy

Cindy, OMG! First, your Mom obviously trusts you FIRST. And, why not, you're a great decision maker and you get the job done. I hope she continues to do well.

I'm glad that everything came together for your hectic weekend. Although I love being busy, sometimes I love just doing NOTHING!

I totally agree with the "final payment" thing! It really takes a bite out of the budget but it's so worth it.

And, our weather here is still in the 90's with humidity......enough is enough already. I'm so ready for a change and so sick of the heat!!!!! :mad:

Good luck with the wart on Wex......these Labs are so bad for growing weird things. Brenda has had a fatty tumor for about 9 years now and I'm not going to touch it. I know Wexy will do well....give him a kiss from me.

Horty goes for his "pre-cruise" check up on Monday and we'll get all his paperwork then. I'm falling madly in love with this big-boy. He's so much taller than Brenda and I used to think that she was so big!!!! When they stand next to each other they're so cute!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Wow! What a great story. You and your wonderful dogs truly touched her. I love what you said to her.

Thanks for sharing the positive stuff that happens out in the world with our amazing dogs.

I love when people come over to me to tell me that they contribute to CCI....we're nothing without them!!!!

Great news, Nancy. PaPa's make the best launching-pads! :p

I hope he continues to do well.