NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Every time I click the travel link on Bank of America Rewards website I get the error my billing info doesn't match the travel rewards page. Anyone else having the same problem? I'm just interested in seeing what they(WORLDPOINTS) are going to offer for travel. One clue is that Carlson Travel Group is the owner of the web site.

And of course about 200 points are missing in the total.

What is the quickest way to resolve this? When I called last month I was on the phone for over an hour, going back and forth between BofA and NCL. But if that's what I have to do, then that's what I will do.

Thanks all. At least I know I'm not alone!:)

I called a number which I had seen on a previous Cruise Critic post: 866-954-4077. I thought this would be BofA but it was NCL. The somewhat snippy person on the line did not want to hear my missing points tale. Instead she read me a letter from BofA that there was an error (I could have told you that last month) and that we should receive corrected certificates by February 20. If we do not, then we should write a letter (yes, snail mail!) to:

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 N. Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

I had already had this address from a previous CC post. I told the customer "service" person that this is a BofA address and she said correct. I said after Feb 20 NCL will no longer have anything to do with this, and she said also correct. I also asked her about an email I have, also from CC, NCLcertificatefulfillment@bantracorp.com, but she never heard of this one.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to handle this one or any similiar experiences so far? I have not tried to call Bank of America yet today.

Just received our mail in medina ohio. My boa letter arrived dated feb 12. Sent from zip code 28206. To my surprise everything looks correct. I had not called or written either boa or ncl. Hope it goes well for everyone else. I don't know if this was the purpose of cc boards but this one was helpful. Has anyone noticed a decrease in the response to the roll call boards? I wonder if there cruises are selling out. The sept. Mex. Riv. Cruise has no one responding to the roll call thread for the sept 20 cruise!!!

... that we should receive corrected certificates by February 20. If we do not, then we should write a letter (yes, snail mail!) to:

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 N. Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

...Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to handle this one or any similiar experiences so far? I have not tried to call Bank of America yet today.

I would wait until the end of February. However, I'm pretty sure the address they gave you is incorrect (what you entered is indeed what they will tell you). Put that address into maps.google.com and you won't get a hit. It will ask you do you mean: 201 N Tryon St, Charlotte, Mecklenburg (county), North Carolina 28202, which I believe is correct. Bank of America is on Tryon street in NC (Tryon is the name of the first governors "palace" in NC, found in New Bern NC). Also, 28255 is close to 28202, but I believe 28202 is the correct zip. If you have to mail them, I would send it to both addresses to be sure. I communicated this address error to BofA, but it looks like they haven't updated it yet.

OK, we are getting posts about recent arrivals of certificates, both correct and incorrect. However, what I, and I assume most others want to know - Has anyone that originally got the incorrect certificates, now gotten a second mailing of corrected certificates on the same account, as BOA has promised ?????? If, so: 1. are they correct this time? 2. are you a person that complained by phone or mail? Thanks!

For the account that had no charges after Dec. closing date, I got the correct certificates today without calling or writing.

For my other account that I used after the closing date, I got the wrong certificates, contacted BofA about 10 days ago but nothing else has arrived yet--I'm still hopeful it will all work out without further bother, but I will persue this until it does!

For the account that had no charges after Dec. closing date, I got the correct certificates today without calling or writing.

For my other account that I used after the closing date, I got the wrong certificates, contacted BofA about 10 days ago but nothing else has arrived yet--I'm still hopeful it will all work out without further bother, but I will persue this until it does!

I also recieved correct certificates today for account that had no charges in dec. my wifes account had 1000 points due they sent out 100 upgrade for points charged in dec. hopefully we will get new certificates for 1000 soon

We just received the correct balance for our points, and we had purchases in Dec. The balance included my balance from my December statement, plus purchases made after the statement date.

However, I'm not thrilled with the result. The certificates have to be used by 1/31/2010. The cruise has to be taken by 1/31/2011. We wound up with a mixture of dollars off and 4 upgrade certificates. Upgrades are inside to inside, outside to outside. You can't combine dollars off and upgrade certificates. You can't convert upgrade to dollars off. It's on the certificates, the BofA brochure, and the NCL website (http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ). So to take advantage of these, for those of us with both types of certificates, you have to book 2 cruises by 1/31/2010 and take them by 1/31/2011. For me, inside to inside or outside to outside upgrades are meaningless.

This may be worth a writing/calling campaign to NCL Guest Relations. Given the circumstances of the program stopping, I think they should:

- allow coupons to be combined

- allow inside to outside upgrades

- allow 100 point upgrades to be converted to $100 off of a cruise

Personally I feel like I just lost $400 in value as upgrades aren't of any value to me if they are inside to inside and outside to outside.

NCL Guest Relations number is: 866-625-1164 Monday through Friday.

...This may be worth a writing/calling campaign to NCL Guest Relations. Given the circumstances of the program stopping, I think they should:

NCL Guest Relations number is: 866-625-1164 Monday through Friday.

- allow 100 point upgrades to be converted to $100 shipboard credit

I got a incorrect mailing for our card about 2 weeks ago. I called NCL and they took my name and number, but no call back.

In today's mail were the correct certs for that same card. There was no mention of anything being done wrong the first time - it was the exact same letter as before but this time with the right points being "cashed" out.

Hope that helps everyone!

I got the wrong certificate AGAIN today! I did not call but I will call them on Monday maybe. What a pain. I should have gotten 2 $500 certificates and 1 upgrade certificate. I received 1 upgrade certificate 2 times!

Edited by mailbroad
added information

Ginny, What was the NCL number you called? I contacted BOA and was told to send the info to the Tyrone address talked about on the boards. But if I can clear things up with a phone call would rather do that. Can you help?

I didn't call anyone. I wrote to the Tyrone address, but I'm sure my letter and the remainder of my certificates crossed in the mail.

I heard now that they are saying by March 1 you should get your certificates.

Ok we got into the game too late to do much good but DW has 2 one category upgrades and I just received 4 100 point certificates. Can we combine them for 2 three category upgrades? Can you get from inside to balcony in 3 categorys?

Unfortunately the upgrades certs can only be used for the same category of cabins (i.e. inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview and balcony to balcony cabins, suites are not included).

Received my correct certificates today. I was among the many who hadn't received anything up until now. I have two questions:

1. Must the certificates be used at final payment like the old Compass Reward certificates? I am not making final payment until June, but would like to redeem the certificates before anything else happens...I wouldn't be surprised if they had been printed in disappearing ink ;).

2. I had hoped to give the upgrades to my son who is booking a cruise on the Dawn next week, but they are non-transferable...was this the case with the old certificates?

Thanks for your help

Received my correct certificates today. I was among the many who hadn't received anything up until now. I have two questions:

1. Must the certificates be used at final payment like the old Compass Reward certificates? I am not making final payment until June, but would like to redeem the certificates before anything else happens...I wouldn't be surprised if they had been printed in disappearing ink ;).

2. I had hoped to give the upgrades to my son who is booking a cruise on the Dawn next week, but they are non-transferable...was this the case with the old certificates?

Thanks for your help

Compass Reward Certificates must be used at the time of final payment, but you can make final payment anytime you want. I wouldn't want to do this too far in advance, though, in case your plans would change for some reason.

I do not believe that any Compass Reward Certificates have ever been transferable.

Glad you received the correct rewards. I think we will all have the correct certificates in another week or so..............

Rats. We could do a 3 category upgrade within Inside or Oceanview or Balcony though, right? Thanks! :)

Dumb question but we always have had inside except for a suite for our Alaska cruise- What is the difference between a BA, BB, BC, BD, BE for instance?

That's correct, you can upgrade within a catagory (Inside, Outside, Balcony, suites are excluded)

The difference between cabins in catagories is location on the ship, midship is more than aft or forward (except for the aft balconies, which are prime!) and/or deck (lower decks are less than higher)

Rats. We could do a 3 category upgrade within Inside or Oceanview or Balcony though, right? Thanks! :)

Yes, inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview, or balcony to balcony.

Dumb question but we always have had inside except for a suite for our Alaska cruise- What is the difference between a BA, BB, BC, BD, BE for instance?

Location, location, location........ not much else.......