Shampoo & Hairdryer Question

jt58203

The Princess website/literature states that all rooms (I'm assuming all ships) come with a hairdryer. I've seen several posts about people not having room to plug in THEIR hairdryer and so they pack a powerstrip. So what's the deal? Also, in the regular non-suite cabins, is the shampoo ok? Does it come in a little packet that you tear open, a bottle or ?? I'm not too fussy about brands when I travel and like the convenience of having that provided.

Some people don't like the hairdryers on the ships but I find them to be adequate and I have very thick hair. The shampoo does come in those little packets but it is the same as they use in the spa and is actually pretty nice. The ships water is soft so it works better than if you have hard water.

The hairdryer in the minisuite plugs in at the desk instead of the bathroom. I find it adequate for my thick hair as well. Some people just like the feel of their own hairdryer but I like the convenience of not having to pack one!

The hairdryer in the minisuite plugs in at the desk instead of the bathroom. I find it adequate for my thick hair as well. Some people just like the feel of their own hairdryer but I like the convenience of not having to pack one!

I am with you. It is one less thing I need to pack.

Some people don't like the hairdryers on the ships but I find them to be adequate and I have very thick hair. The shampoo does come in those little packets but it is the same as they use in the spa and is actually pretty nice. The ships water is soft so it works better than if you have hard water.

I had a heck of a time trying to open these "packets" with wet hands:eek: , and if you don't use the whoe thing there is no way to save it for another time. If you are in less than a mini suite I would pack sample sizes/or bring your own shampoo & cond. that could be set on the floor of the shower, as there is no place in the shower to hold anything.

Jan

I'm one that brings their own dryer, it just doesn't feel strong enough to me. I like to sit on the bed and dry my hair so I also bring an extension cord.:rolleyes:

I really like the shampoo, conditioner and the lotion.

Anyone who thinks the Princess hairdryers are "adequate" hasn't been on the Tahitian Princess (unless they've put new ones in). I think it depends what ship you're on whether the hairdrypers are okay or not. After the disaster with the TP hairdryer (and I for once hadn't brought my own), I've started bringing my own again (it's a travel one and folds up).

tennisobo--thanks for the tip on opening the shampoo packets. I tear them open before I step in the shower, but I'll try twisting them instead. (it's hard to tear them when your hands are wet and soapy.)

Is the shampoo and conditioner in seperate packets, or is it a shampoo/conditioner combo product. I like using the seperate ones. Will they refill the packets if you run out? In the reg balcony room, is the hairdryer in the bathroom or in the cabin? Thanks in advance.

Shampoo and conditioner are separate. Your room steward will replace them as you use them. He/she leaves them in a shell-shaped dish by the sink.

Bar soap provided.

Wash Cloths (and bath towels, beach towels, hand towels) provided.

And BTW, the tip about screwing off the tops of the packets was a tip I found here at CC. So I'm just passing on what others taught me. Have a great cruise!

On the Grand class ships, the hairdryers are at the desk, not in the bathroom, for all cabins. (They are attached to the wall.) I don't know about other classes....

Yes, bar soap is provided. (And I wish they had a bath bar.....I could do with a margarita when I step out of that tiny shower :D ).

I find the blow dryer to be fine, and I have shoulder-length very thick hair. It does take a few minutes longer than my home dryer, but not worth carting that extra weight around to me.

The shampoo provided by Princess is very drying to me, so I do bring my own shampoo.

I am wrting this aboard the Dawn Princess. I can't speak for other ships, but the shampoo and conditioner may say Lotus Spa, but it is NOT what they use in the Hair Salon. Both shampoo and conditioner are hotel quality, and if you are used to using salon quality shampoos like Biolage or Paul Mitchell, you will NOT like the shampoo or conditioner, which is quite drying and harsh.

I know people believe they are getting a quality product, but I just had my hair cut in the salon, where they used the Steiner products (all excellent salon quality) and had nothing good to say about the shampoo. That said, if you use mainstream shampoos (which I know a lot of people prefer), you will probably be happy with the shampoo.

Archived