RB's Daily WW Chat

RB Bonzo

The on-line tracker for a medium sized whole wheat tortilla is 1point. Just finished a tasty portabella terikayki roll-up in a Trader Joe's whole wheat tortilla - which seemed medium-sized to me.

Just to be sure, though, I checked the label. 175 calories, 5 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber. Works out to 3 points.

gotta check those labels!

What a tasty lunch!! And not a lot of pts either.

It was really tasty! But, keep in mind that 3 point total was just for the tortilla! But, not much else there to add to the points except for the cheese. I had it w/ a bowl of black bean soup (I love making soups over winter weekends - yesterday, I made a lentil brown rice soup using a homemade vegetable stock).

The biggest danger time for me is the 3-4 hours between dinner and bed. Last night was shaping up to be a real point-killer, and I tried something different. And, it worked!

I had bought some pre-cooked shrimp. I had about 3 ounces w/ a tablespoon of cocktail sauce - and that satisfied me. The cravings went away.

I'll try that next time I feel the evening food cravings and see if that works again.

RB Bonzo- Great idea on the shrimp. It's one of my favorite foods. How many points did you count for that?

ColoradoSweetheart-I am sorry for your loss. It takes a strong person to come back after the troubles you have had, but we are all proud of you. I am glad you are here to chat.

Bellfree Bat- 83 lbs is incredible!! I have 50-60 to lose and some days it seems like I will never get there. Thanks for the advice on the Greek yogurt. I have heard that advice before but have not taken it, now I will have to give it a try.

Best of luck to everyone,

Take care,

Michelle

RB Bonzo- Great idea on the shrimp. It's one of my favorite foods. How many points did you count for that?

shrimp is a great points bargain - just 1 pt for 2 oz. But, as w/ all things WW, you can't just assume that 4 oz would be 2 pts - it would be 2.5 (and 3 oz is 2 pts).

Hello all and I am so glad to have found this thread!! I too had done well with WW in the past. I gained this past year after having surgery..finally getting back to being able to work out more and want to lose 40-50lbs also!!

I do much better when I have to answer to my tracker, PLUS, i find that I feel so much better and my energy level is much higher!!

Hoping to follow all of you with some loses!!

Love the recipe sharing!!!

My favorite breakfast is egg whites with fresh diced tomatoes, spinach and 1/4 cup low fat feta....YUMMY and keeps me full too!!

I also tried this evening the WW banana nut muffin..3pts and very satisfying!!

Good luck all

Mel

My favorite breakfast is egg whites with fresh diced tomatoes, spinach and 1/4 cup low fat feta....YUMMY and keeps me full too!!

Hi,Mel & welcome! That sounds like a great idea. Lots of diners in the Northeast have Greek Omelette, which is pretty much what you just described. I'll pick up some low fat feta and try the program friendly version!

I keep a plastic container in my fridge - whenever I'm doing any type of food prep, rather than put vegetable scraps into the trash or run through the garbage disposal, I put them into the container. Carrot or potato peelings and tops, loose bits of onion, broccoli stems, potato peels, etc. I'll also pour in cooking water that I use to steam or cook any vegetables.

About once a week, I'll take everything that's accumulated and put into into a large stock pot. I'll add to it any vegetables that are getting old (but NOT rotten), add a bay leaf, some parsley, and fill the stock pot w/ water. Boil it, simmer it for a an hour or two, and you've got vegetable stock! I use it to make soups (I have a bowl of soup at least once very day). I'll use it to replace half (or sometimes all) of the water for cooking rice, couscous, or any other grain that you would boil in water. It can also be used for poaching meats.

This technique also saves money - you never have to buy soup stock.

Great idea on the soup stock!!! I love soup as well.

I often have a difficult time getting in all of my water. Someone once told me to cut up slices of orange, lemon and lime and add to your water glass. It works. It flavors the water and looks pretty :)

Michelle

Jerseydolphin: It is possible not to gain and to lose weight on a cruise. On our 4-day in January, I lost a pound. My tip is to stay active, take the stairs, use the fitness room and the walking/jogging track. As for eating, for breakfast I had veggie omlets and fresh fruit or Special K with skim milk and fruit. Lunch, I stuck to salads with some cheese or grilled chicken for protein. I did have a Johnny Rockets burger and fries one day.:) For Dinner, I ordered what looked and sounded good. I did not have any bread. You can have a dinner roll or bread whenever. Nothing special on a cruise! I did make sure I had a salad and if I ordered something that was not to die for, I did not finish it. I did have wine and dessert every night and again, if the dessert was not amazing, I just had a couple bites and left it at that.

My best advise is to go have fun. Enjoy yourself, make informed decisions at mealtimes but do not overanalyze or stress over it. Even if you gain a couple pounds, get right back on the wagon when you return and there will be no harm done! Have a great trip!

I keep a plastic container in my fridge - whenever I'm doing any type of food prep, rather than put vegetable scraps into the trash or run through the garbage disposal, I put them into the container. Carrot or potato peelings and tops, loose bits of onion, broccoli stems, potato peels, etc. I'll also pour in cooking water that I use to steam or cook any vegetables.

About once a week, I'll take everything that's accumulated and put into into a large stock pot. I'll add to it any vegetables that are getting old (but NOT rotten), add a bay leaf, some parsley, and fill the stock pot w/ water. Boil it, simmer it for a an hour or two, and you've got vegetable stock! I use it to make soups (I have a bowl of soup at least once very day). I'll use it to replace half (or sometimes all) of the water for cooking rice, couscous, or any other grain that you would boil in water. It can also be used for poaching meats.

This technique also saves money - you never have to buy soup stock.

That is a fantastic idea!!Wow..thanks so much I am going to try this myself!!Lol wish I had read this earlier when I was making dinner!!

thanks

Well, my weigh in is tomorrow as is RB's, I think. Good luck to us all as I will need it. Also, thank everyone for the tips. I usually do not try to watch my diet when I am traveling, but the idea's you all have given seem easy enough. Thank you again,

Take care,

Michelle

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread but I have been reading for a couple of days, so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Teri and I live in Toronto Canada. I have been on Weight Watchers sooooooo many times. Back in 2002, I lost 57 lbs but slowly that weight crept back on, in spite of my efforts to continue on and off with WW. I gained back 37 of that 57 lbs that I had lost. I re-joined WW again in late September 2008. I am now down 23 lbs. and I continue to plug away. My family and I went on a 10 night RCI cruise over the holidays and stayed at a hotel in Tampa on Christmas night before the cruise. I actually lost 1 lbs. while I was away :) When I returned home, I gave myself 3 days of being POP (perfectly on program) and then I bit the bullet. I don't like to weigh myself at home and only use the WW scale for my measure. I was sooooo pleasantly surprised.

I thought I would jump in and tell Amy (jerseydolphin) what I did. You might think I am excessive but I needed to do what worked for me. So here it goes:

1. I brought ALL my WW materials with me and read them through a couple of times.

2. I recorded ALL my food intake but DID NOT count points.

3. I didn't deprive myself of any food I wanted, however, if I didn't like it, I didn't finish it.

4. I think this was the MOST important for me. I NEVER ate until I felt stuffed. I only until I was satisfied.

5. No bread from the bread basket.

6. I rarely snacked between meals but I was never hungry.

7. My family and I ate most of our meals in the Dining Room. We went to the Buffet 5 times because the Dining Room was closed.

8. When I ate at the Buffet, I first surveyed the food selections without a plate. Once I knew what I was going to have, I picked up a plate and only filled it up once. I never went back for seconds.

9. We walked everywhere and only used the elevators after an excursion. You won't believe how many times you go up and down the stairs LOL

I hope that helps some people. really enjoy this thread and I look forward to posting here more often.

My regular weigh in is Mondays or Tuesday but I went on Friday last week and today this week (I stayed the same this week). I am trying to work my way back to earlier in the week. I find I am most successful on the weekends when I have to be accountable early in the week :)

Make it a great day everyone :)

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread but I have been reading for a couple of days, so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Teri and I live in Toronto Canada. I have been on Weight Watchers sooooooo many times. Back in 2002, I lost 57 lbs but slowly that weight crept back on, in spite of my efforts to continue on and off with WW. I gained back 37 of that 57 lbs that I had lost. I re-joined WW again in late September 2008. I am now down 23 lbs. and I continue to plug away. My family and I went on a 10 night RCI cruise over the holidays and stayed at a hotel in Tampa on Christmas night before the cruise. I actually lost 1 lbs. while I was away :) When I returned home, I gave myself 3 days of being POP (perfectly on program) and then I bit the bullet. I don't like to weigh myself at home and only use the WW scale for my measure. I was sooooo pleasantly surprised.

I thought I would jump in and tell Amy (jerseydolphin) what I did. You might think I am excessive but I needed to do what worked for me. So here it goes:

1. I brought ALL my WW materials with me and read them through a couple of times.

2. I recorded ALL my food intake but DID NOT count points.

3. I didn't deprive myself of any food I wanted, however, if I didn't like it, I didn't finish it.

4. I think this was the MOST important for me. I NEVER ate until I felt stuffed. I only until I was satisfied.

5. No bread from the bread basket.

6. I rarely snacked between meals but I was never hungry.

7. My family and I ate most of our meals in the Dining Room. We went to the Buffet 5 times because the Dining Room was closed.

8. When I ate at the Buffet, I first surveyed the food selections without a plate. Once I knew what I was going to have, I picked up a plate and only filled it up once. I never went back for seconds.

9. We walked everywhere and only used the elevators after an excursion. You won't believe how many times you go up and down the stairs LOL

I hope that helps some people. really enjoy this thread and I look forward to posting here more often.

My regular weigh in is Mondays or Tuesday but I went on Friday last week and today this week (I stayed the same this week). I am trying to work my way back to earlier in the week. I find I am most successful on the weekends when I have to be accountable early in the week :)

Make it a great day everyone :)

thanks for all those great tips!!! I especially liked the one for the buffet!! I think I will use that next time myself!

Mel

Well, my weigh in is tomorrow as is RB's, I think. Good luck to us all as I will need it. Also, thank everyone for the tips. I usually do not try to watch my diet when I am traveling, but the idea's you all have given seem easy enough. Thank you again,

Take care,

Michelle

Yep - today's the day! Down .6

Teri - that's probably the best list of tips to stay on track while on a cruise that I've seen. Very nice!

:D

My turn, my turn!!! Down 2, whoo hoo!! I actually am very lucky as I was at my grandmother's farm yesterday in Louisiana feasting on very fattening foods. All the healthy food grown there and we HAVE to eat everything fried. Since I was little I never understood that.

Way to go RB!!

Take care,

Michelle

My turn, my turn!!! Down 2, whoo hoo!! I actually am very lucky as I was at my grandmother's farm yesterday in Louisiana feasting on very fattening foods. All the healthy food grown there and we HAVE to eat everything fried. Since I was little I never understood that.

Way to go RB!!

Take care,

Michelle

That is excellant!! Good for you!!

I spent all night helping my daughter bake for a bake sale yesterday..150 cookies, 4 trays of brownies..that was no problem for me..but we had to make a Tres Leches cake,well two of them..I have never made one..I so so so so wanted to try it, until I put it into the recipe builder..each cake was 114 point...I was like WAAAAAAAAAAA....so I said, no I do not need to try because I never want to get a taste for it!!!

Mel

Hi Mel- You have some willpower!! Good for you. I have been looking for a recipe builder website and cannot seem to find it. Can you please give me the site you use? This is the one where you can put an entire recipe in and it will give you the points per serving?

Thank you for your help.

Michelle

Archived