RB's Daily WW Chat

RB Bonzo

Hi all!

Wasn't sure this chat was still active, I just ran across it today! I started WW on january 19th and have lost 19.2 lbs so far. I have a long way to go, but my first goal is my 10 percent which is only 5 lbs away! I feel so much better. My Mom and Dad (68 & 70) have lost 60+ lbs each in the last year. I am in this for the long haul, it really is easy, I think. I am doing the Flex plan, and have been riding a recumbent bike every other day. My knees seem to really bother me when I try to d oit everyday!

I have been reading from the beginning of the posts and am about 1/2 way through, there are some great tips here!

Hope to check in often to see how things are going!

Good Luck

Hi all!

Wasn't sure this chat was still active, I just ran across it today! I started WW on january 19th and have lost 19.2 lbs so far. I have a long way to go, but my first goal is my 10 percent which is only 5 lbs away! I feel so much better. My Mom and Dad (68 & 70) have lost 60+ lbs each in the last year. I am in this for the long haul, it really is easy, I think. I am doing the Flex plan, and have been riding a recumbent bike every other day. My knees seem to really bother me when I try to d oit everyday!

I have been reading from the beginning of the posts and am about 1/2 way through, there are some great tips here!

Hope to check in often to see how things are going!

Good Luck

PGF - your story sounds just like mine. I started WW online in mid-January (I am a Lifetime member from a long time ago and gained it back and more!). I have lost 20 lbs and I am 3.3 pounds away from my 10%. I am doing the Flex plan and doing water aerobics and Jazzercise. AND my knee is sore right now!

I am new to this thread so I am going to read some of the prior posts.

Oh and did I mention I am also from PA - near Pittsburgh.

Julia - glad to see you back on this board! It is hard to stay motivated that's for sure. Maybe a check in on your own scale would be a good sounding off board ? Yes? No? For me I know that when I ignore my scale its always a BAD thing. Ignorance for me is bliss but then it takes twice as long to get back to where I already was. I have missed chatting with you guys but life/work/kids/school/running has taken over for me. It is 10 days until I run the Boston Marathon and that has been a big part of the past 4 months and taken up a lot of my time. Hope RB and Cinna check in soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julia, thanks for the encouragement.

I have been messing about with WW a bit. Snacking too much but I still go and weigh every week. Still about the same weight I got to in late October before my last cruise. I keep going up and down the same few pounds. Trouble now is my foot problem has re-surfaced and I have not been able to go out walking or to Curves for 3 weeks. I miss the exercise in helping control the weight. I am cruising again on May 17th so am currently trying hard to lose a few pounds to give me grace and then want to lose some more from June onwards.

Cinnamon

Glad to see you all here or back here:D

I am going to try get myself motivated and back on track.

Monday I'm weighing and going to start making healthier choices for lunch - I'm working in midtown with lots of food places downstairs so have been eating lunch where before I had to take in lunch from home.:rolleyes:

Also working later and longer hours so meals have been sort of crazier than usual.

I think Monday will be back to WW for me, I need to journal and drink my water to get me back:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi all,

I managed to lose a whole pound this week and am finally back to having earned my 10% award again that I got just before my November cruise. Also went back to Curves yesterday and did all the machines but just gently marched on the boards rather than do any impact stuff in order to protect my feet. Just under 3 weeks to my next cruise so I need to lose some more.

Good to see some regulars back here. Other people at WW don't seem to realise that we addicted cruisers have a love/hate relationship with the cruise food. They say 'why don't you just say no'. If it was tht easy I wouldn't have got fat in the first place.

This weekend I have made a Strawberry Cheesecake, Morrocan Fish Tagine with Lemon Couscous and a LF Houmous, all from the WW recipe books.

Now all I need is to keep out of the biscuit tin (cookie jar)!

Hi, all!

The local 5k, where I ran for the first time a year ago, was yesterday. Since I can't run anymore, I decided to volunteer - I bicycled down to the course, helped to set up, and then helped w/ parking. Then, I bicycled ahead of the runners to the 2 mile mark, where I called out the times.

Then, I biked up to a Starbucks where I met my old running buddy (who is still running and did well in the race), then biked back home - about 12 miles in all.

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about going to the race without being able to run, but I was very glad that I did it. Even if I can't run again, it felt good to participate at some level, and working bicycling into the mix made it all feel right.

Hi, all!

The local 5k, where I ran for the first time a year ago, was yesterday. Since I can't run anymore, I decided to volunteer - I bicycled down to the course, helped to set up, and then helped w/ parking. Then, I bicycled ahead of the runners to the 2 mile mark, where I called out the times.

Then, I biked up to a Starbucks where I met my old running buddy (who is still running and did well in the race), then biked back home - about 12 miles in all.

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about going to the race without being able to run, but I was very glad that I did it. Even if I can't run again, it felt good to participate at some level, and working bicycling into the mix made it all feel right.

Sounds like a great chance to get some biking in and do some volunteer work too - I'm sure it was greatly appreciated.

Dan, what a great way to participate in the race. Well done. Cycling all that way will certainly help your own loss even if you are unable to run at present. I have been to Curves this morning and have Pilates tomorrow, so am also getting back to regular exercise.

Hi all!

Just wanted to share my news. At our WW meeting last Thursday night I rreached my 10 percent, and now have 25.4 lbs off! I still have a few weeks before we cruise, so I hope to have a few more off till then! It really has been fairly effortless, I guess I was just ready for the change. I still have alot to lose, but I plan on just keep going for one more 10 percent!

Hi all!

Just wanted to share my news. At our WW meeting last Thursday night I rreached my 10 percent, and now have 25.4 lbs off! I still have a few weeks before we cruise, so I hope to have a few more off till then! It really has been fairly effortless, I guess I was just ready for the change. I still have alot to lose, but I plan on just keep going for one more 10 percent!

Great going:D

Hi all!

WTG! 10% really makes a difference, doesn't it?

Hi all!

Yes, 10 percent really feels good...on to the next 10! Although I gained this week, 2 lbs. it was bound to happen I have had some really big losses the last few weeks. Tomorrow is another day...

Good Luck to everyone

• 6 months later...
Anybody still following this thread - what a shame it died off. Hope you guys are all well.

I'd love to see it start going again. I know I need the incentive it used to provide me.

Gail

• 3 weeks later...

HI!

I hadn't been coming to the CC Boards in a long time, because I had no cruises planned. :( But, that has recently changed. I'm happy to get things going again.

How are folks? I have not been following WW for quite a while now - although I do aspire to an eating schedule that is w/in WW limits. I have managed to keep off MOST of the weight that I began losing 19 months ago, but I do have to confess to some yo-yo'ing. I went from about 275 down to about 225, then back up to 242, and now I'm on the way back down and am at 236. It has been harder in the colder months, because I'm not getting out and biking.

So, who's still around?

Hi, Colleen -

unfortunately, not nearly as soon as yours - Feb 14 2010 - RC Fantasy to the EC. We're bringing the kids on this one - our daughter will be a HS senior, so this will be our last family vacation for quite a while. Just booked it yesterday. We had hoped to go this March, but had to cancel that one for a variety of reasons.

Where ya goin?

I was a bicycle course monitor for the Hartford Marathon, which I had planned to run in until I had to give up running because of my bum hip. That was a lot of fun - I rode back and forth between the 4 hour and 5 hour pace groups and rode a good 45 miles during the course of the event. Still a lot easier than running it - the bikers get to coast! That was quite a lot of fun. Are you still running?

I am still running but also have hip issues. Been on NSAIDS for a year but now have to come off - stomach issues so we will see how it goes. I have been averaging 20-25 week since the marathon but still managed to creep up almost 10 pounds - never ending battle. We are bringing our son on this trip so he is pretty psyched - second cruise for him. Here is a little tip that worked for me last time I cruised to NOT gain 10 lbs - I asked for a shrimp cocktail every night automatically and told the waiter I cannot eat bread so please bring that to me when you serve rolls. Worked like a charm and honestly who doesn't love a nice shrimp cocktail?? LOL

Shrimp is a great food for weight loss - pure protein and very good at reducing hunger. I sometimes buy it at the grocery store, and I've noticed that they help control binges, etc. I should probably do that more often.

Sorry you're having hip problems - not much fun. I hope you can keep running. The day I stopped was the day that the weight started creeping back up. Still, I'm happy to have kept 70% off. Hang in there - you've really done a great job!

Archived