Document mess up!

waterlovers

:eek: Has this ever happened to anyone?

We received our docs today and they have me and my DH in separate cabins!!!:confused: On top of this neither is the actual cabin we are booked in on the Zuiderdam?! Called online TA and HAL and they all asssured us everything is OK but it still makes me feel uneasy to say the least. They are not sending corrected docs they said to take the ones we have to the port. Wouldn't this slow down our embarkation process?

This is an example of why it is worth it to me to have a "down the street, round the corner" TA.

If you are able to walk through the door and sit down with them and request this or that or whatever.......while you are there.........it's comforting to know issues are handled to your satisfaction.

When DH and I went for our walk tonight after dinner, we passed the wife of the owner of the Agency we use out walking. You think they want to have us unhappy and passing them in the neighborhood each evening? I think they would be on the phone and assuring corrections were made.

Personally........I'd be very worried to appear at the dock without some written verification of the correct booking and cabin assignment. I would not arrive in FLL feeling anything but very upset without corrections being made.

That is just me....I am sure others feel differently.

Never heard this problem before!! OK, if you have two cabins, you have two bathrooms! I would love that!.....jean :cool:

OK....two bathrooms might be nice, but I'm betting there are 2 other people that are assigned the other berth in both of those rooms...... Oh, this could get absolutely scandelous!:D

I'd definitely ask for a written confirmation. Are you traveling with other people, or just the two of you? I also wonder whether you have one or two booking numbers. You should have just one booking number for both of you.

I imagine it would slow down embarkation... so please follow through with this.

I have in my possession a printed copy of our booked cabin from our TA and all the online documentation with HAL ... immigration forms ...excursions ...etc. all have our correct cabin ... just these official documents are all wrong:eek: TA and HAL have told us they have us in the correct cabin.. together... in their system. I just wish these docs I am looking at said so:o

And yes i also have thought about the fact that we might just have 2 cabins onboard possibly 3!? :p

yes we have one booking number and the separate cabins are also in separate categories.

DH just told me that Hal said docs were printed at separate times and before the final upgrades they have given us. (we were upgraded from an "A" cat to a "S" Suite. so I hope all is well since we have confirmations printed with the upgraded cabin.

There is definitely something going on in HAL's document processing department. We don't yet have our docs for our cruise in 4 weeks while people who are sailing later than we are already have theirs. My TA said this is rather unusual since HAL is generally on top of things. Let's hope they get their act together soon and don't cause anyone problems once they arrive at the pier. They can say "everything's okay in the system" but having something in hand that's completely different doesn't bring warm fuzzys.

Plug your booking number into the HAL Website under the section "For Booked Guests" and pretend to book a shore excursion. This should show the correct cabin number. Lets face it in today's world the computer system prevails. As long as it shows the correct number I wouldn't worry. Take a print of the screen to take with you if you like. :)

They are not sending corrected docs they said to take the ones we have to the port. Wouldn't this slow down our embarkation process?

No, my docs have the wrong stateroom on them as well ... because an alternate stateroom was assigned after docs were printed that would allow me to remain in the same cabin for both halves of my b2b.

My TA told me to just make the stateroom correction right on the docs, and make sure the proper stateroom number is on my luggage tags.

If it will make you feel better, go online to HAL's website and pull up the immigration questionnaire. Your correct stateroom (both you and your husband) should be reflected on each of your questionnaires.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Screwed up or missing cruise documents is a good argument for cruise e-tickets. I initially balked at airline e-ticketing, but promptly learned to love them. No more having to worry about losing/having stolen a paper ticket, the unreplaceable and only document for a flight. Lost the e-ticket? Go online and print another. Don't even need the paper - just use the e-ticket kiosk, swipe your CC and go. Grrrrreat!

Screwed up or missing cruise documents is a good argument for cruise e-tickets. I initially balked at airline e-ticketing, but promptly learned to love them. No more having to worry about losing/having stolen a paper ticket, the unreplaceable and only document for a flight. Lost the e-ticket? Go online and print another. Don't even need the paper - just use the e-ticket kiosk, swipe your CC and go. Grrrrreat!

I was so happy when HAL provided me with e-tickets for my cruise air for my Zuiderdam cruise next week! I love being able to cut right to the front of that long line at check in, and go to the computer terminal to check in.

I easily bypassed several hundred people in a long check-in line on my recent trip to Pasadena to take the Bar Examination. Many of them were not happy, but that's life. The e-ticketing line is generally much shorter and moves much more quickly.

E-ticketing, in my opinion, is the only way to go! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Thanks Kyros, everything on the computer is the correct info and at least I know now we are not the only ones . :)

Kewl! It's what is in the computer that counts. :)

Have a great cruise!

Blue skies ...

--rita

I was so happy when HAL provided me with e-tickets for my cruise air for my Zuiderdam cruise next week! I love being able to cut right to the front of that long line at check in, and go to the computer terminal to check in.

I easily bypassed several hundred people in a long check-in line on my recent trip to Pasadena to take the Bar Examination. Many of them were not happy, but that's life. The e-ticketing line is generally much shorter and moves much more quickly.

E-ticketing, in my opinion, is the only way to go! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

What happens if you have luggage to check? Can you still do e-ticket checkin? How do you handle the luggage that needs tagging, checking by TSA and loading?

What happens if you have luggage to check? Can you still do e-ticket checkin? How do you handle the luggage that needs tagging, checking by TSA and loading?

It depends on the airline. American allows you to check bags at the automated machine, but Southwest doesn't....

Archived