Sushi Bar

shofer

Which ship? Some ships have it all the time for an extra charge (I understand) but the ships we've been on have it at least once during the cruise for free (in the buffet, it's usually noted in the Patter). Not real sushi, but not too bad. (You've been on the Summit, so I'll tell you that the Princess's free sushi may be a disappointment).

On the Crown it was served on the last day of the cruise which was the only sea day we had. We were on the Southern Caribbean cruise this year. I found it as good as any I get at home. I'm hoping they serve it again on our upcoming cruise in January.

Which ship? Some ships have it all the time for an extra charge (I understand) but the ships we've been on have it at least once during the cruise for free (in the buffet, it's usually noted in the Patter). Not real sushi, but not too bad. (You've been on the Summit, so I'll tell you that the Princess's free sushi may be a disappointment).

Yes, there is a sushi bar on the Crown that seems to be a well kept secret or just not used often. We only learned about it from a couple of guests sitting near us at dinner. We did not see it advertised anywhere. It is at the Vine Bar (wine bar) across from the International Cafe. You go right up to the bar there and voila...different choices of seafood daily to request. The fee is $3.00/$4.00 for a plate of 3/4 kinds of sushi. It is made fresh, so you order what you want and they will create whatever you request. The presentation and sushi were excellent. It was worth the extra fee. Enjoy!!!

Archived