Promo Email From Princess

janetz

Has anyone gotten the Princess promo for obc if you register and book a cruise by Sept 15th?

That is one of those promotions I never qualify for. It is some sort of targeted promotion, have seen it before. Hope some of you can benefit from it, I was 'not qualified' again. :( Guess they know they have me where they want me, hey? lol

In all my years of cruising, I also have never "qualified" for whatever promotion they offer. It always seems either I'm not qualified or it's for a cruise I'm not taking or a number of other reasons. Usually these offers are to encourage people to book another cruise or to catch new cruisers I guess.

That is one of those promotions I never qualify for. It is some sort of targeted promotion, have seen it before. Hope some of you can benefit from it, I was 'not qualified' again. :( Guess they know they have me where they want me, hey? lol

Toto, only DH was registered, so I went into the email and did. Don't assume your not qualified till you talk to your TA. Then our TA took the booking, cancelled and rebooked in my name. You know she does great things. 150 more obc. :D

If you have signed up at Princess for promotional emails, you should have gotten one. It asks you to "register" and book a cruise by September 15th. New bookings only. Then you get up to 200 obc. For an inside or oceanview, it is 150.0o, or 75.00pp. :)

If you have signed up at Princess for promotional emails, you should have gotten one. It asks you to "register" and book a cruise by September 15th. New bookings only. Then you get up to 200 obc. For an inside or oceanview, it is 150.0o, or 75.00pp. :)

This is a targeted email that only went out to certain people. I was discussing this with friends who sail alot and all of us are registered for Princess emails and only 1 person received this.

I did get 5 emails from Princess this week for last minute sailings but none were this specific email that you mentioned.

This is a targeted email that only went out to certain people. I was discussing this with friends who sail alot and all of us are registered for Princess emails and only 1 person received this.

I did get 5 emails from Princess this week for last minute sailings but none were this specific email that you mentioned.

Interesting, this is the first one I had gotten in awhile. I wonder how they choose. :)

Interesting, this is the first one I had gotten in awhile. I wonder how they choose. :)

We were wondering that also. The person who received it hadn't cruised since first of December and had nothing else booked. I last cruised with Princess at mid-December and have nothing booked and I never received it. Everyone else we spoke with had cruised more recently and had cruises booked. I assumed they were targeting those who hadn't cruised in awhile and had nothing booked but then didn't know why I hadn't received it. But then you posted and you had a cruise booked..... It is definitely a mystery who received it.

We were wondering that also. The person who received it hadn't cruised since first of December and had nothing else booked. I last cruised with Princess at mid-December and have nothing booked and I never received it. Everyone else we spoke with had cruised more recently and had cruises booked. I assumed they were targeting those who hadn't cruised in awhile and had nothing booked but then didn't know why I hadn't received it. But then you posted and you had a cruise booked..... It is definitely a mystery who received it.

I almost posted the link last night but then saw my name, very small, in the corner and decided not. It just sends you to a link to register on the site. :o I would think anyone could go into the link and just register.

We received this offer and are going to put it to use on the CB for 10/08 (3rd time). We have had 3 Princess cruises in the past but are not currently booked with them for anything - we are actually going on NCL in February!

We were pleased to receive this offer and our TA says we can combine this OBC with the one we receive with our Future Cruise Credit. She is waiting til Monday to book us so we can get the coupon book that will part of a new Princess promo with her agency. Not a big deal but it's sweet of her to want us to have this.

I must say this promo got my interest - what's not to love about an additional $200 to spend onboard??:)

So perhaps its a regional offer and maybe only those who do not have a FCC were provided the offer? Is that possible?

My friend who did receive it did have a FCC.

The regional part may be true... Who knows how Princess targets people.

So perhaps its a regional offer and maybe only those who do not have a FCC were provided the offer? Is that possible?

Not sure why it would be regional?:confused: It is good for any '07-'08 cruise except holiday and coastal.

Not sure why it would be regional?:confused: It is good for any '07-'08 cruise except holiday and coastal.

Princess often runs regional promos (price better if you live in one state over another state).

Though my friend lives in FL and the OP lives in MA.

This may be true. You are in NY and I am in MA. I think we also may have the same TA. She did rebook us for next May and we did get the extra credit and we get our coupon book. :) I am one that always watches for specials and price drops. Then, I contact my TA.

We received this offer and are going to put it to use on the CB for 10/08 (3rd time). We have had 3 Princess cruises in the past but are not currently booked with them for anything - we are actually going on NCL in February!

We were pleased to receive this offer and our TA says we can combine this OBC with the one we receive with our Future Cruise Credit. She is waiting til Monday to book us so we can get the coupon book that will part of a new Princess promo with her agency. Not a big deal but it's sweet of her to want us to have this.

I must say this promo got my interest - what's not to love about an additional $200 to spend onboard??:)

I received the offer, DH did not. I last cruised in Dec, and have nothing booked. Luckily, I am planning on booking last-minute by 9/15, so may be able to use the extra offer. I plan on using a FCC -- and when reading the fine print of the offer am not sure if those using FCC will qualify or not -- but it's worth a try!! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Here's the fine print that is bothersome, and may disqualify me since I will be using a FCC.

" Offer is non-transferable, cannot be sold or reproduced, may not be

combinable with flash, interline travel agent or other select offers,

or other onboard credits".

I almost posted the link last night but then saw my name, very small, in the corner and decided not. It just sends you to a link to register on the site. :o I would think anyone could go into the link and just register.

That is how I found out I didn't quality AGAIN. I saw the link, followed it and tried. I realized your full name was on it, but by the time I came back to tell you, you had already deleted the link. :)

I received the offer, DH did not. I last cruised in Dec, and have nothing booked. Luckily, I am planning on booking last-minute by 9/15, so may be able to use the extra offer. I plan on using a FCC -- and when reading the fine print of the offer am not sure if those using FCC will qualify or not -- but it's worth a try!! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Here's the fine print that is bothersome, and may disqualify me since I will be using a FCC.

" Offer is non-transferable, cannot be sold or reproduced, may not be

combinable with flash, interline travel agent or other select offers,

or other onboard credits".

Gloria:

I read the fine print, too. That's why I was unsure if we could "double-dip". I'll look for this post on Monday after our booking is made and let you know how we make out.:)

That is how I found out I didn't quality AGAIN. I saw the link, followed it and tried. I realized your full name was on it, but by the time I came back to tell you, you had already deleted the link. :)

Well I had never registered on Princess, DH did with a different email. So I went on and registered with mine. I don't think it is regional as a poster has stated she is in Florida. Keep an eye out for that email from Princess :)

The only thing we have in common seems to be we are all on the East Coast. Of course, a closer look at details might point out more similarities. I think Princess offers are just like the Upgrade Fairy -- you never know if, when or why.

We have been getting tons of junk mail from Princess as of late. Mailed to me, mailed to my spouse, and believe it or not mailed to both of us. So much that it now goes in the rubbish bin...does not even make it to the kitchen! Those, plus the emails that we block are ticking us off. Just booked a HAL cruise (first) so I guess the adverts don't really work for us!

OK - I promised to post an update so here it is...I registered for this promo and booked the CB for 10/2008. We did receive the $200 OBC for booking a balcony or mini PLUS we get our FCC OBC of $50 each and then the TA threw in $50 OBC so we are receiving a total of $350!! I think this is a great way to start off a sailing. :) If anyone that received the promo is looking to book by 9/15 GO FOR IT!!

mollyanne

Archived