Promo Email From Princess

janetz

MollyAnne, you came out better than we did, but we did get the $200 promo. Princess would not allow it to be combined with our TA's OBC, but it is being combined with the FCC of $100pp.

Colo, I feel pretty sure the reason I've been getting emails lately is because I didn't have anything booked, and our last cruise was 9 months ago, which is longer than we usually go without a cruise.

I have been registered for e-mail on Princess for years, now I don't get anything. :rolleyes:

I have been registed for quite awhile and only once received an email that we couldn't do. Not Princess' fault but we couldn't make it. It sounds like some receive emails and some don;t no rhyme or reason that I can see. I do check my prices on the Princess site for cruises I'm interested in. Luckily I checked on July 3rd and saw 499 for the Canada/New England 7 day sailings for an outside room and booked it. My price went up as well as almost all ov's on waitlist.

MollyAnne, you came out better than we did, but we did get the $200 promo. Princess would not allow it to be combined with our TA's OBC, but it is being combined with the FCC of $100pp.

Colo, I feel pretty sure the reason I've been getting emails lately is because I didn't have anything booked, and our last cruise was 9 months ago, which is longer than we usually go without a cruise.

Congrats Gloria! I'm glad you got it. I'm wondering why you can't combine it with the TA's OBC - as we did??? Of course something is ALWAYS better than nothing! What cruise did you book? I'm hoping it's sooner than our 444 days!

mollyanne:)

We also used this promo today. We could not combine it with our travel agents OBC from her group space. Princess would not allow it but the fine print said that so I was not surprised. We ended up with $200 shipboard credit per person for a 10 night cruise. $100 pp from the promo and $100 pp for using a FCC.

Congrats Gloria! I'm glad you got it. I'm wondering why you can't combine it with the TA's OBC - as we did??? Of course something is ALWAYS better than nothing! What cruise did you book? I'm hoping it's sooner than our 444 days!

mollyanne:)

There are different types of OBC from agents. Some are specials, some are group space and some are gifts. Not all types of OBC can be combined.

There are different types of OBC from agents. Some are specials, some are group space and some are gifts. Not all types of OBC can be combined.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not sure what type our TA is giving us - it is only $50 so if we don't get it in the end it's not a showstopper. But she assures me we have it!:)

I have excite email that never filters any junk (even though I have the filter set to high) and am constantly getting princess email. Maybe you guys that dont get the ads just have better email!

No, that's not it. I even double-checked my Blocked list just to be sure.

MollyAnne, As it was explained to me, the TA OBC was group space and therefore paid by the cruiseline not the TA. It's no big deal, I'm happy with $200 each.

Our cruise is about 10 weeks out, October 31, 2007 10 day Coral Princess Partial Canal. Final payment is next week. We usually book short-term; I admire those that can plan ahead more than a year, but we just are not able to do that.

MollyAnne, As it was explained to me, the TA OBC was group space and therefore paid by the cruiseline not the TA. It's no big deal, I'm happy with $200 each.

Our cruise is about 10 weeks out, October 31, 2007 10 day Coral Princess Partial Canal. Final payment is next week. We usually book short-term; I admire those that can plan ahead more than a year, but we just are not able to do that.

Gloria:

That is great! I want to do the Canal one of these days but 10 days is a lot for me to take off from work at one time. Hope you have a great time!

This is the longest countdown we have ever had....but we leave 6 months from today on the NCL Sun so it won't be that bad. We got a better deal even than this one! It will be our first time on NCL in 18 years. I am looking forward to doing the comparison. Our hearts are true to Princess but this was one that was just too good to pass up!

Happy sailings to you!:)

I recieved my e-mail a day after I booked my cruise on the Crown, and they honoured it and I got a $200 OBC!!!! I was lucky, I read the fine print on the bottom of the e-mail and it was from 7-29 to 9-15 and I booked on the 31st, but I recieved it on the 2nd of August or so...

Jan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colo Cruiser viewpost.gif

I have been registered for e-mail on Princess for years, now I don't get anything. :rolleyes:

Same for me. Nothing.

I don't get any e-mails either :( . I wonder if it's because I use a TA?

I do get e-mails from several lines we've never cruised (and probably never will ;) ).

We usually get many offers from Princess........until we have a cruise booked. As soon as we booked our Dec & Jan cruise....offers stopped. At the time I booked, and booked directly with Princess...stated 'do not stop the special offers!', we like to cruise more than once a year. 'Oh we don't stop offers just because you are booked' they said. Ha! Have not received an offer since we booked in early May.

If someone can come up with an answer how to overcome this, sure would love to hear it.

One time, when we had no future cruise booked, we received a great offer on the old Royal Princess....jumped on it at the last minute. Think that is the answer to getting the good offers. Nothing booked in the future.

Just wondered if anyone has come up with this problem. I received promo offer and booked a Jan 08 cruise balcony cabin. The promo says $200 per couple. My husband died 4 years ago and I am traveling with my friend who has traveled princess many times. They say that I can only have $100 for the cabin, since we are not a couple. Anyway should I try and talk to a supervisor or just forget it. I really got upset at the fact that I feel that they are punishing me because my husband died. We are paying the same amount for the cabin.

Archived