Pacific Star

rockie

It's a shame for everyone who was looking forward to their holiday to have it cancelled.

but I'd rather have a cruise cancelled half way through than a plane flight....:eek:

I hope that they fix the problem quick sticks so no more people are disappointed and I hope you are able to rebook on another cruise soon and enjoy a wonderful holiday

P&O have told me we will sail and that gives me something look forward too.

Yes for the people who think I am silly believing P&O, but you must trust sometimes.

I was wondering if some-one could tell me the sailing time from NZ to Aust as I watch every day.???

Thank you to every one with everything crossed but I think you should uncross them I do not want you to hurt yourselves:D

Hope to be waving good-bye Wednesday

Linda

Hey Frog Cruiser,

It takes 2 days to sail from NZ to Brisbane, but we noticed that they had the web cam on until late last night and today they seemed to have put an image on it from yesterday, so we dont have any idea where she is now, we have just started packing but I am still not letting myself get exited..

We are also glued to the cruise cam - looks like the same clouds as yesterday. lol - BUT - wishin & hopin & hopin & packin - sounds like a song from Dusty Springfield, Oh god am I that old!!! :eek:

Hopin we make it on Wednesday

Mac & Trudy ;)

I was going to suggest if anyone wants to catch up and celebrate if we made it on board to meet somewhere..So to all 15th August cruisers, meet up on board at the above time and place. Ill have a brown skirt and orange top on. And we will celebrate..

I think you are right, the boat is booked into drydock at 8.30pm tonight, you can find it on the Brisbane port authority website. Funny thing is that I have spoken to P&O 3 times now(I know, Im over anxious, but I really need this holiday) and all 3 people on the phone told me she is already in dock, and two of them admitted that the really dont have a clue..Ahhhh

Quote;

As for the 25% credit, I was told it's 25% of what you paid for your cancelled cruise. Unfortunately I think a lot of people still think it's a 25% discount on their next cruise, which it certainly isn't.

Just to put your minds at rest humourwriter and kiwi kruzer, I had a cruise cancelled on Pacific Sky when they sold the boat. We were offered 25% off our next cruise. We had 12 months to take up the offer before it expired. Had no problems using the credit with the cheapest offer we could find. P & O were very helpful. We actually had more problems with the TA who had the credit note and wouldnt release it to us. We didnt want to book with them again ( Were'nt very helpful ) and P & O had to find the offer through their own records. :)

Hope this helps !

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

I was going to suggest if anyone wants to catch up and celebrate if we made it on board to meet somewhere..So to all 15th August cruisers, meet up on board at the above time and place. Ill have a brown skirt and orange top on. And we will celebrate..

I will have on black pants and teashirt with a peacock on it plus a old lady with me.

I must believe and hope. :)

And I am not sure what I will wear on the 16th, but I'll have an old man with a beard with me ( but don't tell Mac I said that!!). :D

We had a look at the Brisbane Port Authority site but couldn't see the info you mentioned "get me away" - what is the URL of the page with the info? - thanks.

Hopefully see you all on Thursday :)

Trudy (& Mac!!)

And I am not sure what I will wear on the 16th, but I'll have an old man with a beard with me ( but don't tell Mac I said that!!). :D

We had a look at the Brisbane Port Authority site but couldn't see the info you mentioned "get me away" - what is the URL of the page with the info? - thanks.

Hopefully see you all on Thursday :)

Trudy (& Mac!!)

Hey Trudy,

I wont tell Mac,

Sorry about the Port site, I found it through links, the URL is

http://www.smd4.transport.qld.gov.au/smd4/ShippingInfo.jsp#Header

Jo

Hey Trudy,

I wont tell Mac,

Sorry about the Port site, I found it through links, the URL is

http://www.smd4.transport.qld.gov.au/smd4/ShippingInfo.jsp#Header

Jo

Thanks for that Jo, I see the last port was Noumea and the next port is Fiji,

fills you full of confidence doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all the best for all of us.

Kind regards,

Mac (with the beard) (& Trudy) :)

i just checked the cruise cam and i see LAND

should be in brisbane soon

hopefully they will get her fixed quick so you can go on your cruise on wednesday

keeping fingers crossed for you all and for us travelling in september as well

kathy

Thanks for that Jo, I see the last port was Noumea and the next port is Fiji,

fills you full of confidence doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all the best for all of us.

Kind regards,

Mac (with the beard) (& Trudy) :)

I know, I had to laugh, imagine if the aviation authority ran so professionally... But, I wouldnt mind adding Fiji as an extra stop, that would be cool..

They never told us anything about the credit expiring. And they wouldn't want to put an expiry on it either, because I'm not sure when we'll get another shot at a cruise.

Bill.

Bill, I'd say it will have a 12 month expiry, that's always been the case in the past.

Archived