Pacific Star

rockie

Also, shortestcruise?, I'm truly sorry that your hard earned holiday was cancelled and I really hope you have much better luck next time.

Can I ask, if you were told you get 25% off the fare you paid, why would another cruise cost twice as much?:confused:

Karen

We booked in December 2006 and got a really good discount price. To go before the end of this year on an equivalent length fly/ cruise we would have to pay almost full fare less our credit.

The credit was supposed to be to compensate us for the inconvenience but in reality with the price increase since we paid and the discount we received it just isn't so - especially because we will NOT be going on the Pacific Star.

Regarding carrying medication in your carry on luggage, travelling with an infant I had pretty much a full chemist shop in my luggage (along with formula, kettle etc etc) and it simply wouldn't have all fitted in our carry on luggage!

Shortestcruise, I would certainly be taking this up to find out the truth. The 25% that has been offered to friends on past disasters has been taken of the cruise fare at time of booking and not on the value of the fare paid for the cancelled cruise.

I know the 12 month booking period is applied but maybeit is for booking rather than actual cruising, perhaps you could make a booking in 6 months for a cruise in a following 12 months. This is speculation not from any knowledge.

Shortestcruise, I would certainly be taking this up to find out the truth. The 25% that has been offered to friends on past disasters has been taken of the cruise fare at time of booking and not on the value of the fare paid for the cancelled cruise.

I know the 12 month booking period is applied but maybeit is for booking rather than actual cruising, perhaps you could make a booking in 6 months for a cruise in a following 12 months. This is speculation not from any knowledge.

We have had friends in this situation, and they only had to book in the 12 months, not actually cruise..

Can anyone tell me what time the Star is scheduled to leave Brisbane on Wednesday

All going to plan she's due to leave at 2pm. Several of us Brisbane CCers are going to be there too. Lookin forward to meeting some more CCers :D

Shortestcruise - I'm really sorry to hear your tale of the last Auckland cruise, but I am happy to hear it hasn't turned you off cruising for life! It must've been a really crappy situation to be in.

I sent an email to P&O and suggested that they read messages of anger and frustration on this board. I suggested that they should tell the truth and let their customers know what is happening asap. I don't know if they will respond, but I have always believed that if you are honest with people, most people understand and are patient. If you are dishonest, customers become frustrated and angry. Let's see if their communication improves.

Just hopped onto the cruisecam and it looks like someone's thrown a paper bag over the camera! Looks really weird.

Queensland. Beautiful one day ........ foggy the next!

Guess thay have worked out I am not interested in videos of a paper bag:(

Cheers

I sent an email to P&O and suggested that they read messages of anger and frustration on this board. I suggested that they should tell the truth and let their customers know what is happening asap. I don't know if they will respond, but I have always believed that if you are honest with people, most people understand and are patient. If you are dishonest, customers become frustrated and angry. Let's see if their communication improves.

I don't think they are dishonest. I think hanging around here gives us information quicker than the call centre staff get it. Communication definately needs improvement, but it is not just P&O. We have asked questions of Princess Australia about services on our cruise, to be told that they haven't decided yet. Call centre (customer service) staff usually give generic answers, and this is true of Telstra, eBay etc as well as P&O.

Cheers

Shortestcruise - I'm really sorry to hear your tale of the last Auckland cruise, but I am happy to hear it hasn't turned you off cruising for life! It must've been a really crappy situation to be in.

Crappy doesn't begin to cover the ordeal, especially because of having a sick baby with us - we were so very happy to be going on a wonderful holiday (our first in over 7 years), now we are going back to work tomorrow because we won't be able to have enough leave for another one otherwise - we should be lounging in deck chairs with a drink in hand but...

We will certainly try again, hopefully with better luck on a different boat!

Crappy doesn't begin to cover the ordeal, especially because of having a sick baby with us - we were so very happy to be going on a wonderful holiday (our first in over 7 years), now we are going back to work tomorrow because we won't be able to have enough leave for another one otherwise - we should be lounging in deck chairs with a drink in hand but...

We will certainly try again, hopefully with better luck on a different boat!

Pleased to hear you're willing to give P&O another go! Like everyone else, I'd recommend you check with P&O about the finer details of the discount. My workmates got 25% off the quoted fare for the new cruise, it had nothing to do with the price of the cruise that had been cancelled, and they only had to book within 12 months.

I don't think they are dishonest.

Cheers

Sorry if I seemed to imply that P&O are being dishonest. :eek: I was just stating a principle that organisations need to be honest and let people know in a timely manner. I guess that what I was trying to say was that their communication needed to be much improved. Maybe my communication needs to be improved as well.:o

Hi all,

Just got this email from our TA.

Hi Mac and Trudy,

I have just rang P&O Cruises and the staff member has told me that, as far as they know the cruise is going ahead and if there is any change of plans we will be notified. As far as we know the cruise is going ahead.

I am sure everything will be fantastic and you will thoroughly enjoy your holiday.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Still hoping,

Mac & Trudy

Mac & Trudy

I just called p&o about 5 minutes ago, and they state that there will be some impact on the cruise??(not sure what they mean), but a final decision will be made by 2pm today.. Im presuming that they may go late or cancel altogether, Im really feeling very stressed right now..I just want an answer..

Hi all,

Just got this email from our TA.

Hi Mac and Trudy,

I have just rang P&O Cruises and the staff member has told me that, as far as they know the cruise is going ahead and if there is any change of plans we will be notified. As far as we know the cruise is going ahead.

I am sure everything will be fantastic and you will thoroughly enjoy your holiday.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Still hoping,

Mac & Trudy

Yeah, that is such good news!! Fingers crossed,

Chez

xx

Mac & Trudy

I just called p&o about 5 minutes ago, and they state that there will be some impact on the cruise??(not sure what they mean), but a final decision will be made by 2pm today.. Im presuming that they may go late or cancel altogether, Im really feeling very stressed right now..I just want an answer..

OMG that's even worse than knowing nothing !! :eek: :mad: Chins up, we're all crossing everything for you all due to leave tomorrow xxxxx

Mac & Trudy

Oh Bu**er,

Just when we were beginning to feel better.

We'll be out this afternoon, so will have to wait and see (sea !!), later on.

Waaahhhh!

Mac & Trudy

Mac & Trudy

Sounds like "corporate speak" to me............

Not corporate speak..Shes being postponed by 3 days, and now we are going on the same cruise as the last one, we really wanted to go on this one, due to islands we havent been too. I am really dissapointed, and luckly I didnt pack yet, I had a very strong feeling, it would be postponed..

Such is life..

As my dad always says " As long as you have a meal on the table and no one is shooting at you" your doing o.k. So I should be grateful we are going at all.

Jo

Not corporate speak..Shes being postponed by 3 days, and now we are going on the same cruise as the last one, we really wanted to go on this one, due to islands we havent been too. I am really dissapointed, and luckly I didnt pack yet, I had a very strong feeling, it would be postponed..

Such is life..

As my dad always says " As long as you have a meal on the table and no one is shooting at you" your doing o.k. So I should be grateful we are going at all.

Jo

I was also looking forward to the 10 one but I will go on this one and look forward to the next one on the Dawn:(

Sorry if I seemed to imply that P&O are being dishonest. :eek: I was just stating a principle that organisations need to be honest and let people know in a timely manner. I guess that what I was trying to say was that their communication needed to be much improved. Maybe my communication needs to be improved as well.:o

Sorry Cooee, I mistook your post, where the word dishonest was used. Your communication is fine, words do funny things sometimes.

I agree with the principles you have mentioned. I looked at the post again, and if dishonest is replaced with uninformed, it reads very differently. There are many corporations struggling with ways to provide fast & accurate information. We live in a "live" society, and by the time the managers have passed details on to their frontline staff, we have already heard about it online or through the media.

Cheers

To all those on the shortened cruise, glad to hear that you are going, if not on the cruise that you expected. We are due to go in a month's time, so look after the old girl (Pacific Star) will you, we don't want her back in dry dock before then. If seas rise over 1 metre, mutiny is acceptable, just tell the captain to take her to calm waters or else.:rolleyes: Have a great time guys and I will be looking out for the reports of a fantastique cruise.

Hi All,

Thought I would share some information I just received from Aunt Frog in an email. She said that the divers were in the water today under the Star in Vila. By the looks of it she may still have a few problems.

Other than that they are having a great time. Nan had a reasonable win on Mum's (Suey) favourite Big Ben machine so she will be gloating when they get home.

I'm sure Aunt Frog will be on to share more when she gets home.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi All,

Thought I would share some information I just received from Aunt Frog in an email. She said that the divers were in the water today under the Star in Vila. By the looks of it she may still have a few problems.

Other than that they are having a great time. Nan had a reasonable win on Mum's (Suey) favourite Big Ben machine so she will be gloating when they get home.

Cheers,

Hi Charmain

Glad to hear that they are having a GREAT time.

cheers!!

Karen;)

Hi All,

Cheers,

Charmain, glad to hear they are having a good time!! mmmm wonder what those divers were doing?? Hope nothing goes wrong!

Chez

xx

Glad to hear they are having a great time after all the stress beforehand. Fingers crossed that the Star is ok - I found out a woman from my work is going on the next cruise, which just happens to have the same itinerary as the one we are booked on in a few weeks time :) We've been watching the developments on this board about the problems with the Star, and both hoping that she is shipshape for our cruises....

Archived