Anyone have any helpful hints about calling Princesses Customer Relations?

carqueen1

Doe anyone have any helpful hints about calling Princesses Customer Service lines or their Customer Relations Dept? Every time I call (I booked the cruise myself) I get a different answer and the runaround. Even a supervisor has had to refer to me customer relations and then they gave me the runaround.....Everyone has a different answer!!! Any suggestions?

Not really. It has been this way for years. I rarely call anymore. I usually find out my information right on this board. I do a search and then if I cannot find my answer I will ask. Usually the questions that I have are in this site somewhere.

Marilyn

If you don't mind, what is the question you are trying to find the answer to? Believe it or not, when Princess can't come up with the right answer, usually someone here on CC can. :)

I have found that on some things, if I call three times, I can get three totally different answers to my question. I know, it makes no sense, but it does happen.

EDITED: Marilyn................two minds, one thought. LOL

If you don't mind, what is the question you are trying to find the answer to? Believe it or not, when Princess can't come up with the right answer, usually someone here on CC can. :)

I have found that on some things, if I call three times, I can get three totally different answers to my question. I know, it makes no sense, but it does happen.

EDITED: Marilyn................two minds, one thought. LOL

Yes Toto, fine minds do think alike.:) But isn't it the truth in regards to different answers every single time you call?

Marilyn

Princess Air has routed me from LAX to Vancouver via the slow and agonizing route!! I requested to leave from San Francisco (I requested my closest airport) and was told no that I had to leave from LA because of a promo rate that I am on (Princess is paying the airfare). Now I leave LA and fly to San Francisco only to change planes, then I fly to Seattle, WA and have to change planes!! Bottom line is it takes 6 hours to get to the ship and 2 plane changes to get me to the ship. I have a disabled passenger with me and they knew it when they booked the flights. It is a two hour and 15 minute direct flight from SF to Vancouver!!! This is ridiculous!!! Once again I get jerked around at Customer Service!! I Have even offered to pay my own airfare and schedule it the way that I want to, but now they say that they will have to charge me cancellation fees!!! What they don't seem to understand is that IM NOT PAYING FOR AIRFARE, THEY ARE BECAUSE ITS INCLUDED IN THE PROMO DEAL!! ha!: I'm trying to have a sense of humor here, but I am mad!

So sorry to hear they have done this. I am guessing you did not pay the deviation fee attached to Princess airfare? Even though it was a package deal, there is still the fee that can be paid to pretty much pick your flights.

From what we have found, and had happen, is that at times when booking Princess air, since they purchase the very cheapest fares out there, they sometimes (in fact in our case, quite often) route you the LONG way around, and there isn't much you can do about it. You are at their mercy when letting them make air arrangements unless you pay the extra fee, and even then sometimes there aren't many choices unless you are willing to pay the difference charged for better flights, like ones straight through. 'Slow and agonizing' (as you described) is a problem, but they seem to be very good at these sort of schedules.

Yes, I see you have a big problem. Only thing is, I am not sure what you are going to be able to do about this unless you just pay the cancellation fees and book the airfare yourself.

Sorry, wish I could have been or more help, but as said above, you are pretty much at their mercy on flights.

Princess Air has routed me from LAX to Vancouver via the slow and agonizing route!! I requested to leave from San Francisco (I requested my closest airport) and was told no that I had to leave from LA because of a promo rate that I am on (Princess is paying the airfare). Now I leave LA and fly to San Francisco only to change planes, then I fly to Seattle, WA and have to change planes!! Bottom line is it takes 6 hours to get to the ship and 2 plane changes to get me to the ship. I have a disabled passenger with me and they knew it when they booked the flights. It is a two hour and 15 minute direct flight from SF to Vancouver!!! This is ridiculous!!! Once again I get jerked around at Customer Service!! I Have even offered to pay my own airfare and schedule it the way that I want to, but now they say that they will have to charge me cancellation fees!!! What they don't seem to understand is that IM NOT PAYING FOR AIRFARE, THEY ARE BECAUSE ITS INCLUDED IN THE PROMO DEAL!! ha!: I'm trying to have a sense of humor here, but I am mad!

Can't you pay the deviation fee and change the flights? :)

For the last couple of years Princess has had a personal cruise planner for those who book their own cruises with them. Mine has been very helpful. My next cruise was booked though a TA because of OBC offered through Princess. It made a big difference cost wise.

Even at that my princess planner can help me with everything except things where money must be exchanged. He can even help with excersions and gift packets which do take money.

He was assigned by Princess to me and I do get calls from him and get consistent answers. He always contacts the correct person and has been a big help.

Now I leave LA and fly to San Francisco only to change planes, then I fly to Seattle, WA and have to change planes!! Bottom line is it takes 6 hours to get to the ship and 2 plane changes to get me to the ship.

Well, on the positive side... think about all the frequent flyer miles you'll collect :)

I had an experience recently, starting with customer service, then transferred to customer relations. After 2 runaround calls to them, I asked to speak to someone in their "Executive Office". I wouldn't hang up until I received an acceptable answer or I had the name and # of someone to contact. It worked, I was given the information that I was looking for and it was correct :)

Good Luck!

Carqueen1--I am sorry to say it, but your expectations in booking the Promo deal and what you want to achieve are not nearly close to what Princess is contractually obligated to supply. I'm not defending it, just stating the facts.

--If you want a detailed explanation about what is and is not 'included' with Cruise Air, go to the Cruise Air forum and read the sticky thread.

--If you just want to solve your problem, look at the cost to cancel the air and re-book on your own and decide if it is worth it to you. You might be able to purchase a deviation, but again, it sounds as if you are a little late for that. Given that you are on an Alaska cruise, and those only go through mid September, you must be within a month of cruising and changes at this point will have cancellation penalties.

--If you just want to complain to Princess, then write a letter to their corporate offices. But the sad truth is, they got you flights and that is ALL they are obligated to do. Convenient is not part of the contract.

Carqueen1--I am sorry to say it, but your expectations in booking the Promo deal and what you want to achieve are not nearly close to what Princess is contractually obligated to supply. I'm not defending it, just stating the facts.

--If you want a detailed explanation about what is and is not 'included' with Cruise Air, go to the Cruise Air forum and read the sticky thread.

--If you just want to solve your problem, look at the cost to cancel the air and re-book on your own and decide if it is worth it to you. You might be able to purchase a deviation, but again, it sounds as if you are a little late for that. Given that you are on an Alaska cruise, and those only go through mid September, you must be within a month of cruising and changes at this point will have cancellation penalties.

--If you just want to complain to Princess, then write a letter to their corporate offices. But the sad truth is, they got you flights and that is ALL they are obligated to do. Convenient is not part of the contract.

I am HAPPY to report today that I got to cancel the airfare at no charge and that I am getting a credit for the unused airfare...It pays to complain in the proper manner!!! I am VERY happy now...I still have a great cruise at less than the promo price now that I have got a $358 credit on my credit card for airfare which I will purchase myself! Thanks to all for your suggestions!!:D :D :D

Archived