Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?

BabySam99

I Will Be Flying Into Fll On Sat. Nite. Have Arranged With Bc To Pick Us Up, Take Us To The Ramada On Harrison St, Pick Us Up The Next Morning And Take Us To The Westerdam. Next Sunday, Pick Us Up At Port, Take Us To Las Olas, Pick Us Up There And Take Us Back To The Airport. There Will Be 4 Of Us. Total Cost, With Tip Included Is $100.00. The Price Is Very, Very Reasonable And I'm Hoping To Have A Good Experience Being I Make All The Arrangements For The 4 Of Us. Will Let You Know Upon My Return How Everything Went.

[quote name='coiran']Used him 5 times in a two week period - always on time - courteous - talkative, but not obnoxious - will definitely use him again.

Ron[/QUOTE]

Ron
Just curious...did you get a written confirmation from BC..???

• 2 weeks later...
Just Got Back Yesterday From Westerdam. Used Bc To Pick Us Up At The Airport Last Sat. Nite. Took Us To The Ramada On Harrison St. Picked Us Up Again The Next Morning. Everything Was Fine, Until...yesterday. Got Off The Ship. Called Bc And Found Out That His Driver Was In An Accident On Saturday. He Told Me To Take A Cab And Get A Receipt And He Would Reimburse Us For All The Costs. I Will Let This Board Now If This Does Or Does Not Happen. He Charged My Credit Card In Advance, So He Is Suppose To Issue A Credit.

I am wondering why your credit card was charged prior to the pick up. Most companies will hold with a credit card but you then have the option of paying cash and not having anything charged.

Let us know what happens.

Carol

When I Saw I Was Billed In Advance, I Called Bc. I Got My Statement 1 Day Before We Were Leaving. He Did Check To See What Happened. It Was Not Supposed To Be Billed. There Was Another Schroeder And They Billed Mine, Or Something Like That. He Offered To Put Thru A Credit But I Told Him Not To Bother.
The Card Should Not Be Billed Before The Trip.
I Probably Would Have Paid Cash But I Just Left It As It Was. I Don't Like Giving My Credit Card # Out Even To "hold" Anything. This Is Why, But I Thought It Would Be More Of A Hassle To Wait For The Credit To Come Thru, Etc.

I can not emphasize enough the importance of security when dealing with credit cards over the phone or Internet.

There's more to this but it would probably be inappropriate to put it into this forum. Email me for details

[quote name='LifeIsCruising2']I can not emphasize enough the importance of security when dealing with credit cards over the phone or Internet.

There's more to this but it would probably be inappropriate to put it into this forum. Email me for details[/QUOTE] CAN YOU E-MAIL ME AT HOME. (BARBS107@MSN.COM) I TRIED TO E-MAIL YOU FROM WORK, BUT CAN'T DO IT. I CAN TRY TONIGHT AT HOME. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

• 2 weeks later...
We also used BC Express from Miami Airport to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I must say I was a bit shocked at the way he looked (long hair in a ponytail and a bit unkept) but he was at the airport exactly when we landed and pulled our luggage to his van. Yes, he talks constantly, but he loves people and loves to share information.

What I find suspicious is that he too called us Saturday (March 5th) to tell us that his driver had had an accident and was unable to pick us up. It was actually better for us that he couldn't because we weren't exactly sure of the time we wanted to leave the hotel. He offered to pay for the taxi as well as a round of drinks on the ship. He also asked us to send him the bill, but we have not, as I don't feel it was necessary.....unless of course, we find out he billed us for the ride to the ship he didn't give us!

I'll keep you all posted!

This makes 3 times in this thread that people have posted that BC did not show up because his driver had an accident. I find that a bit suspicious and do not think I will chance using his services. I would not want to be stranded.

We, 8 of us, are still using BC in April....What's so suspicious ??? Same accident, same day caused the problem...and no one got stranded !!!...from what I read he did call to let them know what happened and offered to pay for alternate transportation...

I guess there is a dress code too..Shocked..AMAZING !!!

If you read further back in this thread Michmike also had to make alternate transportation arrangements when booked with BC also due to an accident. I am arranging transportation for 5 of us in advance because I do not want to take separate taxis and do not wish to have to make alternate arrangements at the last minute. So while you may be comfortable using BC, Rich, I am not . I want to book with a company I am comfortable with and one that I hope would have alternate vehicles to send for me should one of their drivers be involved in an accident.

:) We have had terrible luck with transfer services in the past ,but this year our hotel hooked us up with BC and the service was Wonderful!!! One of the drivers,Brian, picked us up at the airport (as we were walking out with our luggage) and picked us up at our Hotel at the exact time he said he would.

Archived