Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?

BabySam99

[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have not heard - I e mailed him a day ago and have not yet had a response - I am going to call him this weekend. I have free weekend minutes and BC likes to ralk.

Ron[/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='CruiseFever']Depending on which cruise line you're on a post-cruise excursion might be just what you need. We did this and it both killed time and got us to the airport at a reasonable cost. Getting off the ship too was a breeze as excursion groups take priority in many cases.

Check with your Travel Professional or the cruise line to see if they have something of interest to you. We did one that was a tour of Fort Lauderdale and included some time at the beach and some time shopping and for lunch on our own. Another was a Everglades air boat ride.[/QUOTE]

Hi Chris, I'm interested in doing the post-cruise Everglades excursion through Carnival. Do you know how much the cost is per person?

~Apryl

[quote name='cruzlova']Hi Chris, I'm interested in doing the post-cruise Everglades excursion through Carnival. Do you know how much the cost is per person?

~Apryl[/QUOTE]

If you're booked on a Carnival Cruise you can get accurate pricing information online and book on line too. Here's a link to a description on Carnval's site about [url="http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=EGL&excursionname=Everglades+Experience+w%2f+Airport+Transfer&excursioncode=119001"]the Everglades tour[/url].

• 1 month later...
[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yes, he is still in operation - I talked nto him a couple of weeks ago and he is doing fine - he doesn't respond to e mails too good - you can call him on his cell which is posted on his website. I have him lined up for some transfers in October.

Ron[/FONT][/SIZE]

that we used in ft. lauderdale a year ago- and we were scared for our lives. He was driving up the shoulders in rush hour traffic, flying up the middle turn lane for a mile at a time to get around stopped traffic, swerving in and out. My kids were in the van with us and I was so @#%# mad I couldn't speak when we arrived at the hotel. My husband chewed him out royally and when we tried to report him (gruff looking guy in his 40's-50's, long hair, beard) we only got answering machine for the business and of course no one called us back. I hope they got their act together- we of course took a taxi back to the airport after the cruise and our driver knew all about the joker, it's just the poor tourists that don't know better.

[quote name='lb1cruiser']that we used in ft. lauderdale a year ago- and we were scared for our lives. He was driving up the shoulders in rush hour traffic, flying up the middle turn lane for a mile at a time to get around stopped traffic, swerving in and out. My kids were in the van with us and I was so @#%# mad I couldn't speak when we arrived at the hotel. My husband chewed him out royally and when we tried to report him (gruff looking guy in his 40's-50's, long hair, beard) we only got answering machine for the business and of course no one called us back. I hope they got their act together- we of course took a taxi back to the airport after the cruise and our driver knew all about the joker, it's just the poor tourists that don't know better.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]That sounds like BC hisself - Yes, he does tend to skirt around traffic, but he never put our lives in danger at any time when he drove us. We found him to be very reliable and very personable. He also has another driver, Brian.

Ron[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='lb1cruiser']that we used in ft. lauderdale a year ago- and we were scared for our lives. He was driving up the shoulders in rush hour traffic, flying up the middle turn lane for a mile at a time to get around stopped traffic, swerving in and out. My kids were in the van with us and I was so @#%# mad I couldn't speak when we arrived at the hotel. My husband chewed him out royally and when we tried to report him (gruff looking guy in his 40's-50's, long hair, beard) we only got answering machine for the business and of course no one called us back. I hope they got their act together- we of course took a taxi back to the airport after the cruise and our driver knew all about the joker, it's just the poor tourists that don't know better.[/QUOTE]

Yikes! That's way different than our experience with BC's. Sorry to hear that!

I contacted BC in the last couple of weeks re: transporting us for our holiday cruise. I received a call back from a woman who said that they couldn't quote me a price because of the dramatic rise in gas prices. She said they would call me back after November 1st.

That's the kind of person BC is. He'd rather you take your business elsewhere than be wrong on a quote.

Others might give you a quote and try to slap a surcharge on you that you did not budget for later. If BC gives you a price, he'll stick to it.

[quote name='Mrs Butterworth']Let's see, he doesn't answer his e-mails, he doesn't have a listing in the local yellow pages or white pages, he drives like a maniac skirting around traffic, and curses......I think I'll go with the advice of the locals and go with Trents recomendations and avoid this guy.[/QUOTE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]Do what you have to do - I will stick with BC as long as he is around!![/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][font=Verdana][size=2] [font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]and, yes, your signature is ridiculous!![/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]Ron[/size][/font]

If you'll go back thru this thread it seems as though 30% or better of the posts are by coiran... makes one wonder...

there's also a post way back about our unsatisfactory experience with BC in Nov of '04.. with some of the other negatives I've seen here it just seems to me that there are plenty of other options in FLL

Certainly from the port or the airport there is a long string of taxis and vans waiting to whisk you away as you exit the terminals.. really no need to book anything ahead of time

[quote name='michmike']If you'll go back thru this thread it seems as though 30% or better of the posts are by coiran... makes one wonder...

there's also a post way back about our unsatisfactory experience with BC in Nov of '04.. with some of the other negatives I've seen here it just seems to me that there are plenty of other options in FLL

Certainly from the port or the airport there is a long string of taxis and vans waiting to whisk you away as you exit the terminals.. really no need to book anything ahead of time[/QUOTE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]FYI - I am not a shill - I just like BC's service - He is an individual van operator trying to make an honest living and I like to reccommend him to others. Do you still wonder?[/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]Ron[/size][/font]

[quote name='michmike']If you'll go back thru this thread it seems as though 30% or better of the posts are by coiran... makes one wonder...

[/QUOTE]

Wonder what?

Like Coiran is actually BC?

No, I've seen BC in person and he doesn't look anything like the photo in Coiran's profile. Somehow it's hard to even imagine Coiran with a ponytail.

Like Coiran and BC are in cahoots?

I suspect that they are. Here's the deal: BC gives him good service and Coiran tells others. Not very sneaky.

Nothing against you OP, I just hate [i]innuendo replies [/i]like: "makes one wonder...". As alluringly mysterious as that is I wonder what YOU are thinking.

:confused:

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Thanks Chris and Rich - I am going to call BC today - see how he is doing - he was having some financial problems - I talked to him 2 or 3 weeks ago and everything was coming together.[/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Ron[/size][/font]

[color=darkolivegreen]I think you'll have a little trouble reaching him[/color] ;) [url="http://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest/details.cfm?ID=500511001"]http://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest/details.cfm?ID=500511001[/url]

[quote name='Mrs Butterworth']Oh my! Arrested for driving with a suspended license :eek:[/QUOTE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Why are you using our cruise history??[/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Ron[/size][/font]

Archived