Just booked the Conquest......Again!

excitedcruiser

I just booked today for myself and DH to go Oct 5, 2008. It's the Conquest again. I spoke to my PVP about seeing if there was another ship coming to Galveston before then. I sure would like to try another ship without having to fly anywhere. She told me that next summer their are 3 ships currently without schedules and she thinks that the Conquest will move to New Orleans and the Triumph will come to Galveston. Sure hope so. Anybody else hear about any ships changing ports?

I just booked today for myself and DH to go Oct 5, 2008. It's the Conquest again. I spoke to my PVP about seeing if there was another ship coming to Galveston before then. I sure would like to try another ship without having to fly anywhere. She told me that next summer their are 3 ships currently without schedules and she thinks that the Conquest will move to New Orleans and the Triumph will come to Galveston. Sure hope so. Anybody else hear about any ships changing ports?

Yeah... there are several threads discussing that exact thing...

The general consensus is the Conquest is staying put, at least according the posters and a Carnival VP...

I looked back in the archives a bit and found the thread I was referencing and, more importantly, the quote from the Carnival VP, one Mr. Terry Thornton:

"The Conquest has sailed full from the beginning; it's staying in Galveston. Over time, we may want to bring in another ship with more balconies than the Ecstasy, but we've found that our Fantasy-class ships (eight vessels, including the Ecstasy) are well-suited to shorter cruises. The way the promenade works on those ships, with all the public rooms on one deck, it's easy to learn your way around in a short time.''

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/travel/shattuck/4578966.html

This piece was from April and certainly things can change but it appears as though Carnival is very happy with Galveston and the Conquest. By the way, I understand she's due in dry dock for a refit next year.

Here's hoping for a bright, shiny ship when she returns!

I just booked today for myself and DH to go Oct 5, 2008. It's the Conquest again.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!11

I spoke to my PVP about seeing if there was another ship coming to Galveston before then. I sure would like to try another ship without having to fly anywhere. She told me that next summer their are 3 ships currently without schedules and she thinks that the Conquest will move to New Orleans and the Triumph will come to Galveston. Sure hope so. Anybody else hear about any ships changing ports?

Payd:)

By the way, I understand she's due in dry dock for a refit next year.

Here's hoping for a bright, shiny ship when she returns!

Great link, thanks!

I've searched, and can't find a reference re: dry dock...any chance you could pin that down a bit more, datewise?

Thanks!

Great link, thanks!

I've searched, and can't find a reference re: dry dock...any chance you could pin that down a bit more, datewise?

Thanks!

I recall that being in John Heald's blog thingy. The September time frame sticks in my mind as I was planning a return to the Conquest in October of next year.

She told me that next summer their are 3 ships currently without schedules and she thinks that the Conquest will move to New Orleans and the Triumph will come to Galveston.

I'm booked on the Conquest for Jan '09. What happens if she moves? I assume we are booked for the ship not the homeport so we'd have to go to NOLA (not really a big deal for us) or try to re-book on the Triumph if we wanted to stay with the same trip. Wouldn't Conquest from NOLA run the same trip as from Galveston?

My PVP told me that if the Conquest moves and another ship comes into Galveston to takes it place, that is the ship we would take. We would not follow the Conquest. She also told me that the price would not change if the ships change. We want to go out of Galveston, so we would take whatever they put there. Even if the Conquest is still there.

Ok, I'm breaking down & doing it, too! I just booked the Conquest for next Thanksgiving :D I know I said I wouldn't, but I couldn't talk DH into the whole flying into Florida thing just to do a different itinerary. Although the actual cruise is going to cost about $500 more on the Conquest, that doesn't counter the airfare, shuttle, hotel, headache, etc.

It's better to be sailing (on any ship) than not sailing at all!

I'm also exciting that she will be coming out of drydock so we should have a spiffy ship!

Why do we keep coming back?! :p

She told me that next summer their are 3 ships currently without schedules and she thinks that the Conquest will move to New Orleans and the Triumph will come to Galveston. Sure hope so. Anybody else hear about any ships changing ports?

Talked to my PVP today and she says there are no plans at this point to return Conquest or any other ship to NOLA. Triumph is going to Mobile per a Carnival press release dated yesterday.

Archived