Mariner Questions

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions. We are looking at a fall cruise on this ship for 2008.

We are looking at a E1 or E2 cabin (balcony on decks 6 & 7). Can any noise be heard in the cabins from the Royal Promenade?

My DH and I sailed Mariner maybe 3 or 4 years ago. We didn't care for the decor of the ship. And found the staff (room stewards and wait staff) to be the worst we have ever had. In fact our cabin was so flithy it bordered on nasty. I had to go in and start cleaning on it right away with the soap , water and towels in the bathroom.

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem on Mariner or was it just a rare exception?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions. We are looking at a fall cruise on this ship for 2008.

We are looking at a E1 or E2 cabin (balcony on decks 6 & 7). Can any noise be heard in the cabins from the Royal Promenade?

My DH and I sailed Mariner maybe 3 or 4 years ago. We didn't care for the decor of the ship. And found the staff (room stewards and wait staff) to be the worst we have ever had. In fact our cabin was so flithy it bordered on nasty. I had to go in and start cleaning on it right away with the soap , water and towels in the bathroom.

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem on Mariner or was it just a rare exception?

Thanks for your help.

Been on the Mariner twice, you will not hear anything from the RP if you're in a balcony cabin.

We've also never had staff or ship problems, on the Mariner. In fact the Mariner staff gets a lot of good mentions on this board, I think your previous cruise, was a rare exception

The Mariner was one of the best ships I've been on. The food was fantastic, the crew was one of the nicest I've ever expirienced. Our cabin was very clean, thanks to our steward. I loved the ships decor, very vibrant. The ship was clean and never a problem.

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience. We loved the decor on Mariner, our cabin was very clean, and the crew was uniformly pleasant and efficient.

But bear in mind, crew members are humans too, and anyone can have a bad day. A little forgiveness goes a long way. Don't let anyone's crankiness (crew or passenger) ruin your cruise.

We've sailed RC 11 times now and this was our only bad experience with the crew. And it hasn't stopped us from cruising since. Just hoping it was a one time thing. The cruise we're looking at is such a good price it's hard to pass up.;)

It is possible that your bad experience came on a cruise that they were swapping out staff from the prior week, maybe the ship was going into dry dock the following week or maybe they were short staffed because of a virus outbreak. We may never know. As for the noise, we had a promenade on Mariner last year and never heard a peep.

Joe

It is possible that your bad experience came on a cruise that they were swapping out staff from the prior week, maybe the ship was going into dry dock the following week or maybe they were short staffed because of a virus outbreak. We may never know. As for the noise, we had a promenade on Mariner last year and never heard a peep.

Joe

We were on Mariner this past April, the week before their drydock and you would never have known. Everything was perfectly fine when it came to cleanliness etc. The ship does seem a bit faded, but I am sure things got refreshed during the dry dock.

We have had promenade rooms a few times on Navigator and Mariner and noise was never a problem, except during the parades.

LOVED the art on Mariner. Best of any ship I have been on so far.

Wow, sorry to hear you had a bad experience on the Mariner....wasn't she a new ship 3-4 years ago??? I thought she came into port shortly after Carnivals Glory?

I'll be on her in just over 2 weeks....looking forward to a great trip!

We have had several trips on Mariner and never was our cabin dirty. I guess if we had a dirty cabin I would complain big time.

We have had a cabin where the steward didn't do as good a job as I felt he should, but it was acceptable. That was our last cruise and we came into the cabin shortly after 1 and he was in a hurry to get out. Seeing the job he did, I wasn't pleased but it was acceptable.

Fortunately, next cruise we aren't in the same cabin, so we shall see how things are done there. If he/she is anything like our last one, I will complain. I guess I felt bad that it was after 1 and he still wasn't done. I have since learned had he wanted to pay someone to assist him, he could have, so next cruise I won't be as accepting.

Wow - this is the first time I have ever read a negative comment about the staff on Mariner. We have sailed on her twice and found the staff to be immensely more friendly and reactive than those on Celebrity Constellation. I can only say that it was an aberration.

As to the artwork, that's a highly subjective thing. Some will like it, some will not. I have found that there are many pieces that I don't like, while my DH will love them. Oh well --- we're not buying them and taking them home so it doesn't make any difference to me!

I've NEVER had a dirty cabin on any ship with RCI!!!! And, even tho the bedding was getting worn, it was never anything but crisp and fresh! I think this must have been a 1 time deal--and I'm sorry that you had to experience that! I, too, would have complained mightily!

Love the MA.............think its my fav ship........

First time we were on(2003),we didnt like the art work by Britto,but since have come to love it....have bought some of his pieces since........

Thought the crew was really nice.........made friends with one of them from Vintages and we still keep in touch via email........she is now on the Sovereign...........

Dirty?? Never saw that....

Gonna miss the MA when she goes to LA...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

I was on the Mariner in March of 2006. It was my third RCCL cruise (I'd sailed on the Rhapsody and the Radiance prior to that cruise) Unfortunately, I agree...a dirty ship compared to the others (which were very clean) and the most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered! I cruised the Adventure this past March and liked it so much, I just booked to go again in December. I highly recommend it!

I was on Mariner this past April (in a deck 7 balcony room) and never heard a peep from anyone or anything! Just the clicking of the hangers in the closet as the boat moved a bit :)

I had mixed experiences with the staff on our cruise though. Our cabin attendant was borderline rude serveral times (I remember him saying, sounding totally put off, "why are you in here so much?"--well, because it's my vacation and if I want to hang out on my balcony and read for hours, I will?) And I'm not sure what her official title was, but "Jackpot Jen" was, we shall just say, incredibly unprofessional any time I saw her. But other than that, everyone was friendly and helpful and my cabin was always spotless. Have a great time!

Archived