Cruise Addiction ... It is a terrible thing.

skiorcruise

I suddenly find myself booked on two cruises at once. Pride in a week, then a family reunion trip on the Fantasy next July. I thought I could control myself, that just one more and I could quit easily. Cruise Addiction ... it is truly a terrible thing.

I should have known better. Some family members are currently booked on 4 cruises. I guess it's in my genes. I should just get used to the situation. I probably have more double bookings in my future.

Perhaps after I get off the Pride, I can return to normal. I'll only have one cruise to look forward to then.

The Fantasy ... a short trip in July. That means lots of children on board. Many of them my relatives. I better plan on another trip just to relieve the stress of that trip. Perhaps a cruise in September. Hmmm.

skiorcruise- I feel the same way. I took my first cruise last March on the Conquest. Even with 1500 kids I had a great time! Now I am looking forward to the Destiny in Jan. Of course that is not enough and am looking to go back on the Conquest next summer. I believe I have become addicted! Is it a terrible thing?

I believe you should look into joining, or creating a group that deals with this affliction. As in getting over the fear of flying, one is finally talked into getting on a plane, you must confront your fear/addiction head on! Yep, once a year, you and other hopelessly addicted cruise junkies must gather aboard a ship for a week.

You must force yourselves into the activities while repeating to yourselves "this is therapy, I am not hooked on cruising, I can stop anytime I so desire!"

If all your efforts and therapy go for naught, then just say, "what the heck, I'll just go with the flow and enjoy this addiction!"

Best of luck in dealing with your affliction!

Lee

P.S. If you find this condition to be infectuous, would you please pass it on to me? :D :D :D

skiorcruise, Completely understand how you feel!!! Have never had 2 cruises booked at the same time, would LOVE to try it sometime.

Here's a link to a site that may help also. If you have the Cruise Addiction then you probably suffer from PCD too, so this site may help ease the pain.

http://www.wksmith.com/index.asp

Matt

Yes, I am addicted. It is totally embarassing when you can recite what ships leave from what ports and the time they leave. The imformation just spontaneously comes out of your mouth during a conversation. Not that your really talking to anyone. Someone says they are sailing from say Miami and you mention the Fascination in a whistful way with a smile as you remember the last time you sailed from that port.....then you get that cruise glaze over your eyes as you think of the sea air, the sunsets, the buffet, someone catering to your every need......

Then they look at you like your nuts and say I can't believe you now that?!

On the good side I got a call my docs are IN!!!!!

Having to take Xanax after returning from your cruise because of the depression and anxiety... And I'm not kidding. It's the only time I feel that way, I cry ect. I know pathetic.. The first 3 days afterwards I'm not worth a dam**. My friends thought I was nuts!! Maybe it's being single.:confused:

I just returned a week ago and have 2 more booked. But seriously questioned weather I could handle the depression afterwards anymore.. Ah yeah I can..

Happy Cruising~

Donna

I suddenly find myself booked on two cruises at once. Pride in a week, then a family reunion trip on the Fantasy next July. I thought I could control myself, that just one more and I could quit easily. Cruise Addiction ... it is truly a terrible thing.

I should have known better. Some family members are currently booked on 4 cruises. I guess it's in my genes. I should just get used to the situation. I probably have more double bookings in my future.

Perhaps after I get off the Pride, I can return to normal. I'll only have one cruise to look forward to then.

The Fantasy ... a short trip in July. That means lots of children on board. Many of them my relatives. I better plan on another trip just to relieve the stress of that trip. Perhaps a cruise in September. Hmmm.

I, too, am addicted, But, it is not a terrible thing. It is a BEAUTIFUL THING!!!

AND TRUST ME...IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE PRIDE BEFORE...

I have cruised on the Pride twice...both in 2002!

THIS SHIP WILL ONLY ADD TO YOUR ADDICTION!!!!! IT WILL NOT MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!

Can you tell that I love the Pride?????

Archived