HAL Awards Points?

swtpnk

I can't see that the Mariner's award levels are worth very much at all. We're well along in the program and don't think we've been advised of any particular benefits.

I agree with you that the HAL loyalty program does not offer much in terms of benefit.

Who is "they"? Amex?

Sorry. It was a joke. Who's Line Is It Anyway is an improv show usually on ABC family at 10 PM. They award points that are totally meaningless during the show. I was just joking that HAL's started a program based on this show's, where they gave out points that were meaningless, so no one took advantage of it.

Rule 1: If the explanation of the joke is longer than the joke, the joke should not have been told in the first place.:o

Sorry. It was a joke. Who's Line Is It Anyway is an improv show usually on ABC family at 10 PM. They award points that are totally meaningless during the show. I was just joking that HAL's started a program based on this show's, where they gave out points that were meaningless, so no one took advantage of it.

Rule 1: If the explanation of the joke is longer than the joke, the joke should not have been told in the first place.:o

But your response made me laugh, so all is not lost.:)

When you get to the higher end of the Mariners system a lot of doors open up to you that were not available before.

You can ask for, and get, a lot of thinks that are not normally expected and it makes the loyalty pay off.

Plus, we like the R and S class ships...

Ruth and Jim

When you get to the higher end of the Mariners system a lot of doors open up to you that were not available before.

You can ask for, and get, a lot of thinks that are not normally expected and it makes the loyalty pay off.

Plus, we like the R and S class ships...

Ruth and Jim

Can you elaborate on the doors that open up that were not available before, such as???

What, for example, can you ask for and get?

When you have a party in suite not getting charged for extra snack trays or for party requirements.

Ship tours of parts not available to everyone...

When we cruise with a group from the boards we always make the get together arrangements as it is easier for us to the area and times we want and get snacks and sometimes free drinks.

Private dinners with ship's officers and Captain (once).

The girls in the Neptune Lounge know who you are and we feel that the level of service exceeds our expectations for everything we ask for.

Ruth and Jim

Thanks, Jim, for the info. We are at the 458 day mark and will go over 500 on the next cruise. We had never asked for anything based on our days. We shall have to investigate the possibilities at some point, although on the longer cruises, it seems that many people have umpteen days. We learned only recently that there is a higher level—the President's Club for those with 1500 days. There were any number of folks in "the Club" on the 07 world cruise.

You will find that the majority of people that have large amounts of days on HAL are quiet and really never ask for anything out of the ordinary or are very demanding.

It is a nice club to belong to.....

Congradulations on going over 500.

We will sometime in 2008 0r 2009

Ruth & Jim

I can't see that the Mariner's award levels are worth very much at all. We're well along in the program and don't think we've been advised of any particular benefits.
There are no benefits!!!!!!!!
There are $50 pp to $200 pp discounts on most non-Caribbean cruises, depending on length and cabin category. Even some Caribbean cruises have this discount. However, many TAs can beat the Mariner discount.

I'm not complaining. Does not matter much to me. Just and observation.

I agree....too many Mariner's for any significant benefits....unless they're limited to those who've spent half a lifetime on board.

Archived