Who has booked Alaska for a 2008 cruise?

brunolvr

[SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]:) Wow! Lots of people booked for Alaska cruises for 2008!

My husband and I are booked for our first ever trip to Alaska on the Princess Star ,Inside Passage cruise July 20, 2008. I haven't seen anyone else yet booked for that particular one on this thread. We have been booked now since July 2007! Just a little excited about it and isn't anticipation half the fun!

:DJan
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Underthestars13'][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]:) Wow! Lots of people booked for Alaska cruises for 2008!

My husband and I are booked for our first ever trip to Alaska on the Princess Star ,Inside Passage cruise July 20, 2008. I haven't seen anyone else yet booked for that particular one on this thread. We have been booked now since July 2007! Just a little excited about it and isn't anticipation half the fun!

:DJan
[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]PS....I forgot to write: We are going round-trip out of Seattle and staying the night before and the night after at the Seattle Westin. I have read quite a wide variety of reviews of the Westin. Anyone know how you go about making sure you have a "great view on a high floor"? I booked through a AAA agent and am thinking as the date is nearer she may be able to secure it for us. Any other ideas?[/FONT][/SIZE]

Just booked NCL Sun repo cruise for 9/14/08 and feel we got a ``sweet'' deal since we ended up with an AE suite for less than a balcony would cost.

Cruise leaves Vancouver and travels to Juneau and Ketchican and then travels south to San Fransico.

Cruise only has 2 Alaskan ports, but that's o.k. We took an Alaskan cruise last Sept. Never been to San Fransico before and have never been able to afford a mini suite before, so it's all good.

Dianne

Hey NavySis,
You might get a good deal later on , especially if you are okay with an inside cabin. I am definitely a bargain shopper but booked so early (July 2007 for July 2008) because we wanted a balcony cabin on Princess Star for the itinerary and the Seattle round trip was definitely overall a better deal than northbound or southbound cruises. Good luck.

Jan

[quote name='Underthestars13']Hey NavySis,
You might get a good deal later on , especially if you are okay with an inside cabin. I am definitely a bargain shopper but booked so early (July 2007 for July 2008) because we wanted a balcony cabin on Princess Star for the itinerary and the Seattle round trip was definitely overall a better deal than northbound or southbound cruises. Good luck.

Jan[/quote]
That is what I am hoping for. Last year I found a good deal on Princess, but I couldn't go at that time. I am looking for those deals and I am sure they will turn up. I am ok with an inside cabin because I am never in the cabin so it doesn't matter to me.

We are on Radiance of the Sea (RC) leaving Seward on Sept. 5, 2008. Our second trip to Alaska. We are also booked on the land tour that starts from Fairbanks on August 30....still thinking that part. May do the week on land on our own.

$100 OBC credit for Past Passengers) shows up in the Pricing part of the Princess Website.............All Alaska 2008 bookings.

TA can't get anywhere with Princess to apply this to our booking- says "I'm on my own with this one" -

So, I called Princess and was told, "Yes this is a Past Passenger Promo - but it won't apply to our booking because our cruisefare through our TA is too low" !!! "we can re-book and pay $100 higher then the $100 OBC would apply"

Did anyone get this past passenger Promo with a TA 'discounted' cruisefare?

I really would appreciate any info on this so I could have a bargaining chip help w/Princess..........Thanks,

Renee (aka - [EMAIL="GotToCruise@aol.com"]GotToCruise@aol.com[/EMAIL])

This will be our second Alaska Cruise. Our first was a cruise/tour on Carnival Spirit. It was great, but exhausting - - we wanted to be sure we saw everything we could see -- cruise/tour then activities in every port. This one is for relaxing and enjoying the Inside Passage - - TWICE!! We've booked a Sky Suite (same one we had on a recent Mexican Riviera cruise) with a huge veranda, where I intend to spend a lot of my time (maybe wrapped up in a blanket). Living in a place with triple digit temperatures most of the summer, it is such a refreshing experience going to Alaska in August!

Started a roll call, but no responses yet. Anyone joining us?

Doris

[quote name='lovesublime']We booked the June 25 Carnival Spirit southbound. We just did the Pearl R/T Seattle. You will absolutely love the Pearl! I would love to sail her again, but we wanted a different itinerary this time.[/quote]

We just booked R/T from Seattle to Alaska May 4th on Pearl....Can you tell me a bit about her. Are there self laundry rooms?
Thanks

[quote name='mortimerM']We just booked R/T from Seattle to Alaska May 4th on Pearl....Can you tell me a bit about her. Are there self laundry rooms?
Thanks[/quote]

:):)

I think the only cruiseline with self serve laundry is Holland America.
If ours have more info would like to know.

:):)

[quote name='doopydozer']:):)

I think the only cruiseline with self serve laundry is Holland America.
If ours have more info would like to know.

:):)[/QUOTE]

I know some of the Princess ships have self-service - just can't remember if all of them do.

[quote name='CaliforniaKid']First Alaskian cruise! We are booked on the Diamond Princess. Two cabins...one for my Dad and sharing one with my 14 yr old son. Should be a great memory for Grandson and Grandpa! Looking for any advise on excursions. Activities for Mom and Son; more gentle relaxation tours for Grandpa![/QUOTE]

We're also on this cruise starting with a pre-cruise 5 day land tour. My 8 year old daughter and 80 year old mother will be traveling with me. We went to Alaska this year with RCL on Serenade of the Seas and LOVED IT so we're going back next year to see more of the interior. My Mom is in good health and a "young" 80. In Skagway, we did the White Pass RR as well as a 7 hour independent bus tour with Chilkoot Charters up to Carcross in the Yukon all in the same day! It was a beautiful day and we didn't know when we'd get back to Skagway so we went for it. I would highly recommend both but you may want to go with just one. It was a busy day but worth it. We also did a sled dog mushing camp excursion in Juneau which was a highlight for us. My daughter loves dogs and we had a wild ride through a rainforest pulled by a team of 16 sled dogs - unforgettable. I'm not sure how the excursions on Princess will compare. Consider independent tours too. Lots of good information on these boards about independents which are highly recommended. See you next June. I may start a roll call for our cruise.

Hey All! We're doing a northbound Vancouver to Seward on X's Millennium. It's our very first cruise and actually our honemoon too! We had considered a Mediterranean itinerary, but thought that since we're big into fishing, camping, hiking, biking and the like, Alaska would be a perfect fit for us.

We booked back in April just a few weeks after the itineraries opened, I believe. We've got a nice verandah cabin on the starboard side to enjoy all the beautiful scenery on the way up. Is it July yet? I can't wait! :D

P.S. Hi Donna! Exciting to finally see someone else on here that booked this cruise also. I'll head over and check out your roll call! I started one back in May, but never got any responses. Too excited and too early I guess.....hehe. Yay for fellow cruisers! :)

[quote name='mortimerM']We just booked R/T from Seattle to Alaska May 4th on Pearl....Can you tell me a bit about her. Are there self laundry rooms?
Thanks[/quote]
Yes, the Pearl does have self-service laundry rooms.

Take a look at my pictures from this year on our cruise to Alaska on the Pearl and you'll see the treat you're in for.

May 4th was a little too early in the season for us. We'll be going once again 3 weeks after you on May 25th!

Archived