Who has booked Alaska for a 2008 cruise?

brunolvr

RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas out of Seattle on May 23rd. I booked a guarantee a few weeks ago, and last week got upgraded to an Owner's Suite!:D

This is my first cruise to Alaska (but not my first trip to Alaska - I grew up there).

NCL Star on 4/27/08! Yippee, can't wait!

I am just curious why you booked such an early date to Alaska. I had to do a double take when I first saw April 27th but I checked NCL's website and sure enough they have a 6 night cruise from Vancouver to Seattle with stops in Ketchikan, Juneau and Prince Rupert plus Sawyer Glacier. I wonder how close you will get to Sawyer - people on cruises weeks later often don't get very close! And funny that they are not offering inside cabins - certainly these can't all be sold out already?!

Dress in layers :D

Also, you'll love the Spirit Class ships, my favorite so far.

:D

Thanks, we were on the Pride which is our favorite ship so far. Loved the layout. Forgot to mention oour Spirit trip is the Southbound itinerary. We have a request in to trade for the Port side wrap either on Empress or Veranda deck if they happen to come available.

Have a Super DAy!

Mike/Cheryl

I am just curious why you booked such an early date to Alaska. I had to do a double take when I first saw April 27th but I checked NCL's website and sure enough they have a 6 night cruise from Vancouver to Seattle with stops in Ketchikan, Juneau and Prince Rupert plus Sawyer Glacier. I wonder how close you will get to Sawyer - people on cruises weeks later often don't get very close! And funny that they are not offering inside cabins - certainly these can't all be sold out already?!

Yeah, I know it will be cold (especially coming from Hawaii)!! They were offering mini-suites for $869 and I just couldn't pass it up. I love the Star, I wanted to go to Alaska, and I'll probably never be able to afford a mini-suite again...so that's why. They did have insides available when I booked a couple of weeks ago....not sure about that.

Emi

The weather may be no worse in late April than it is for those folks who are in Alaska right now - with snow (in Skagway) and rain. After all - some people deliberately go to Alaska in the winter!

The weather may be no worse in late April than it is for those folks who are in Alaska right now - with snow (in Skagway) and rain. After all - some people deliberately go to Alaska in the winter!

True. I have made it no secret that I am going in November. So April will probably be a heat wave in comparison :D .

John

We're booked on the July 19, 2008 RCCL Serenade of the Seas 7 night Hubbard Glacier Cruise. Can't wait!

This will be a Celebration for our 25th. Wedding Anniversary & hopefully a celebration that my hubby has been cancer free for 4 years & I will be cancer free for 2 years. Since I was diagnosed in May 06, we had a very rough year but cruised for the first time ever on the Mariner in June along with friends to celebrate completion of my chemo & radiation. Now it's onward to next years celebration.

We're booked on the July 19, 2008 RCCL Serenade of the Seas 7 night Hubbard Glacier Cruise. Can't wait!

This will be a Celebration for our 25th. Wedding Anniversary & hopefully a celebration that my hubby has been cancer free for 4 years & I will be cancer free for 2 years. Since I was diagnosed in May 06, we had a very rough year but cruised for the first time ever on the Mariner in June along with friends to celebrate completion of my chemo & radiation. Now it's onward to next years celebration.

I am so glad for you both! Enjoy the cruise!! :D

I am so glad for you both! Enjoy the cruise!! :D

Thanks - we are just so grateful to be getting this oppertunity. God willing, it will happen. My one daughter & her DH are joining us and possibly two of my DH's brothers & wives so we may end up with a big family cruise like yours. Enjoy.

We are on a 14 day B2B on the Veendam on Aug 22/08.

My 91 yr young Dad ia coming with us.

:):):)

We are also booked on the Veendam for a B2B but on May 30, 2008. My best friend and her 91 yo mom are on the first leg of the trip with us. Too bad we aren't on the same cruise. Her mom and your dad could entertain each other. :)

have booked aug 2, 2008 on sapphire princess SB. 6 day precruise tour starting in fairbanks 2n, denali 1n, mckinley 1n, and anchorage 2n. myself, husband, daughter 19 y/o, son 17 y/o (when we cruise) and husband's 2 brothers going. balcony rooms. we are all very excited. deciding the shore excursions is going to be so hard!!!!!! can't wait:)

Archived