Seattle to Airport from pier -which flight?

chaloop

We are thinking about doing the pacific northwest cruise with Celebrity Mercury. It says the ship arrives at 7am. Does anybody know how long it will take us to get off the ship and get the SEA airport? They have a 9:55am flight out of Seattle, do you think we could catch it?

Not likely. The cruiselines recommend not flying before noon.

Debarkation probably won't begin till around 7:30-8:00. Then you wait till your group is called. Then you get your bags. Then you go thru Customs. Then you get a ride to the airport, where you are met with ticketing, security, and negotiating a very large airport. It takes time.

You will be cleared from the ship by 8:00 am (90% of the time) and if you self disembark you would be off by 8:30 am. If you catch a taxi, (there are tons waiting) its about a 20 minute drive from the pier to the airport (its a flat rate of 27.00). It also depends on when you are traveling as there is a lot of construction going on right now on I-5 (our main highway) and that can cause delays.

I would not book a flight before 10:30 am - to be on the safe side.

We were on Princess which docks south of the 2 ballfields, so our taxi driver did not use I-5 -- he went down Alaskan Way to 509, I think, & NO traffic at all -- we were there in about 20 min -- cost $28, plus tip.

You MIGHT be able to make that early flight IF EVERYTHING WENT RIGHT, but VERY DOUBTFUL -- Likely Celebrity uses downtown dock so you will have more traffic just getting away from pier.

You should pack very light & take your own bags off ship (if Celebrity offers that) -- also you will have to go to Pursers desk & ASK for 1st tags off ship!!!

• 3 weeks later...

And worst of all, if you arrive back in Seattle on the same day as any other cruise lines, the security lines at SEATAC are horrible.

Fortunately, we just took the shuttle to the airport to go pick up our rental car. We flew out on a non-cruise day. ;)

Pete

And worst of all, if you arrive back in Seattle on the same day as any other cruise lines, the security lines at SEATAC are horrible.

Fortunately, we just took the shuttle to the airport to go pick up our rental car. We flew out on a non-cruise day. ;)

Pete

the one nice thing about Seatac is you don't have to go through one specific security line to get to your gate. When you check in ask which gates you can go threw. Last time we flew in July it was very busy, but at the gate we went through they had all of the xray machines running and our wait was less than 15 minutes.

The biggest problem is when you arrive at the airport. there will be others leaving early too. SeaTac airport only has one line for allairline carriers to go thru for security. Depending on the time of day, it can take over an hour to get thru, then you have to get to the gates. Some airlines at SeaTac are at a remote concourse. This requires you to take a tram (train) ride that is 2 flights down stairs. This will take an additional 10 minutes or so. Definitely go for the later time. :)

The biggest problem is when you arrive at the airport. there will be others leaving early too. SeaTac airport only has one line for allairline carriers to go thru for security. Depending on the time of day, it can take over an hour to get thru, then you have to get to the gates. Some airlines at SeaTac are at a remote concourse. This requires you to take a tram (train) ride that is 2 flights down stairs. This will take an additional 10 minutes or so. Definitely go for the later time. :)

Tom: I am not sure if you are talking about during the construction. But when I flew out on Monday - there are three different areas to go thru security, depending on your gate. It was a Monday morning full of business travelers and I was thru security and all the mess and at my gate within 35 minutes.

True about the tram but it runs every three minutes so not too much added time there.

If I were to fly out of Seattle after cruise I would do anything after 11:00 - to be on the safe side.

We got off Mercury last Friday, and were docked at Pier 66. We stayed literally across the street at the Waterfront Marriott. But our flight Saturday morning was at 7:30. We took a taxi from the hotel, leaving at 5:30am (no traffic) and arrived at the skycap at a few minutes before 6am. With traffic, that ride would easily be 45-60 minutes long.

To be on the safe side, book a flight around noon. Depending on which airline you fly, you may be able to switch to an earlier flight if you get there earlier and they match up. Some friends of ours did that, and they were flying on Southwest and flew out Friday after disembarking (did self-disembarkment).

We got off Mercury last Friday, and were docked at Pier 66. We stayed literally across the street at the Waterfront Marriott. But our flight Saturday morning was at 7:30. We took a taxi from the hotel, leaving at 5:30am (no traffic) and arrived at the skycap at a few minutes before 6am. With traffic, that ride would easily be 45-60 minutes long.

To be on the safe side, book a flight around noon. Depending on which airline you fly, you may be able to switch to an earlier flight if you get there earlier and they match up. Some friends of ours did that, and they were flying on Southwest and flew out Friday after disembarking (did self-disembarkment).

Being a Saturday your taxi driver probably took you along I-5; during traffic hours you would never takeI-5 any taxi driver would bring you along 99. You also may have gotten a taxi driver who took the long way to getsome extra $$. Did you pay the flat rate of 25.00?

From Alaska (the main street where all the ships are) to the airport is no more than 30 minutes and a flat taxi fare of 25.00 + tip

i hope you enjoyed your cruise and Seattle while you were here

Being a Saturday your taxi driver probably took you along I-5; during traffic hours you would never takeI-5 any taxi driver would bring you along 99. You also may have gotten a taxi driver who took the long way to getsome extra $$. Did you pay the flat rate of 25.00?

From Alaska (the main street where all the ships are) to the airport is no more than 30 minutes and a flat taxi fare of 25.00 + tip

i hope you enjoyed your cruise and Seattle while you were here

The posted rate was $28 and that's what we paid, though the meter did go over that.

Hi:) I am sailing in 2 weeks.....I should have read this thread

before posting a new one;)

Gotta love these boards! I will be on Mercury out of Pier 66

and my return flight home is 12:50pm.

The cab sounds great:D ......and I am eligible for priority

disembarking so everything should work out fine!:)

Hi Carmen!!!!

Archived