What exactly is Pol Acker?

Traveler Nina

I like picture number one. Although, I see you must have needed to clean the shower as the bottle in picture number two is actually open (if I am seeing it right) why would you clean the shower when you are on vacation? :D

No, I was thinking ahead, it was a carefully posed photo to prove it is a sophisticated wine of distinction (or even simply drinkable), it cannot be proved that I drank any!

You may notice that the glass is not empty - which, along with the TV screen showing the QE2, is 'advertising' - even the casual positioning of the door keys as if just 'flung' there upon entering the cabin - the elegant and relaxed traveller unwinding with a cool glass at the start of their holiday on the QE2 - advertising.:cool:

Now, if anyone would like to replicate the pose in a slightly larger and more sophisticated cupboard, sorry I mean cabin, then I am sure we can come to some arrangement with regard to royalties - a share of the profits perhaps:D

Anyway I think it would better to hoard the PA for now - the price will go up next year.:D

Karen

(who can't believe that the November cupboard is even smaller, by about 20 sq ft! - it has to be the wardrobe space that goes, you can't make the bathroom any smaller)

Now, if anyone would like to replicate the pose in a slightly larger and more sophisticated cupboard

Karen,

that's not a cupboard - that looks like a ballroom! It's even got one of those porthole thingies . Now, our cupboard........!!

Jimmy

Question - if a porthole is on the right hand side is it a starboardhole?

Karen,

that's not a cupboard - that looks like a ballroom! It's even got one of those porthole thingies . Now, our cupboard........!!

Jimmy

Question - if a porthole is on the right hand side is it a starboardhole?

ahhh yes, my first port hole:cool: My first thought on entering the cabin was "all this natural light just isn't natural in a cabin":rolleyes: - i even wrote it down in my diary! the keeping of which lasted all of one day

Made me paranoid when docked as well, always making sure the bathroom door was shut (claustrophobia anyone? - the over door shoe holder thingy had to leave the bathroom cos it kept getting in the way - it lived in a wardrobe, which for some reason I had 2 off in a single cabin), or curtains closed when getting changed - don't know why I was worried, you couldn't see in, I couldn't even work out which was my port hole from the outside:D (and it was a true porthole, not a starboardhole :D)

Back to normal cabins now - inside with no natural light, just as nature intended:D

(I just hope I never get confined to my cabin for any length of time)

Karen

WD-40 is flammable which brings me back to post # 3 of this thread.

The duct tape could be used as a preventive device such as covering one's mouth. :eek:

Paul

100 proof vodka is flammable too--more than WD-40. Are you experienced with duct tape as a silencer? I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that...

Back to normal cabins now - inside with no natural light, just as nature intended:D

ROFL,

I decided to up our game for the next cruise and, by completely blowing the family budget for the next 100 years, went for an outside (with a starboardhole). Perhaps before indulging in such extravagence I should've given a little thought to where we are actually going. There's a clue in the name of the cruise - "Land of the Midnight Sun". Ah well - time will tell.

Jimmy

It is a French non-vintage sparkling wine with a production of 10,000 cases per year.

It is Cunard's standard welcome bottle and served at receptions, often under the misleading title "champagne".

About its taste you probably have read enough.

to cal it champagne would be illegal if not from the Champagne area. US airlines do it.:o

ROFL,

I decided to up our game for the next cruise and, by completely blowing the family budget for the next 100 years, went for an outside (with a starboardhole). Perhaps before indulging in such extravagence I should've given a little thought to where we are actually going. There's a clue in the name of the cruise - "Land of the Midnight Sun". Ah well - time will tell.

Jimmy

that was exactly the reason I did it for the QE2 Voyage of the Vikings trip.

but that pesky steward would insist on closing the curtains:D

Another unnatural thing - the Yacht club after midnight & its still light outside - very wierd:D

Karen

To call it a drink would be misrepresentation.

David

Are we back on topic?

Good grief...it would appear that we are!!! How could that happen???:eek:

Hmmm, drifting again momentarily....starboardhole, never thought of that!!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

As we know, a gentleman wears his bow-tie on the front of his shirt.

If a lady has a similar adornment on the back of her dress, would this be known as a stern-tie when at sea?

David

Yes. If worn by a lady at the front, it would be a tit-tie.

When worn by a Tuscan on the face, it would be an eye-tie. When worn by one hundred Tuscan darts players, it would be 100 and eye-tie.

Estate agents of course wear real-ties. Except British ones, who wear Bligh-tie.

What??????????

When worn by a Tuscan on the face, it would be an eye-tie. When worn by one hundred Tuscan darts players, it would be 100 and eye-tie.

Estate agents of course wear real-ties. Except British ones, who wear Bligh-tie.

What??????????

I need a Mai-Tai now!

Paul

What??????????

OMG...he's back!! And in full good form I see....hi there HS...:D

Cheers, Penny

Hiya!!!!

My computer's very slow today

And my screen has turned bright blue.

My plumber didn't show up,

And I don't know what to do.

My cat has killed another mouse

There's spleen all round the hall

The only thing that's left to do

Is to come and annoy you all.

Do you think it's safe to muuurrr-duurrr yet?

Andy

Isn't handy

He's not been here it seems

Except to murder

Funny freds

Whenever fit he deems.

Oh Andy

Come and speak;

Say "hi", be introduced.

Lest the Cunardians they rise up

And your reputation be traduced.

This rhyme

If one can call it thus

Is getting quite contrived

The little God of inspiration

Hasn't yet arrived.

Your betting

I bet right now

That I have an end in sight

The truth gentle Cunarders

Is that I'm rather tight.

Not money,

Pattywell honey,

I refer to alcohol.

The screen begins to blur now

And I can't find anything to rhyme with alcohol.

And gradually the

Scanning, starts to fall!

To pot.

NOW I'VE PRESSED THE CAP KEY

And now sets in the rot.

Oh God how will this poem end

I'm searching for an answer.

I seem to have abandoned

The trusty old pentameter.

Maybe I should try a limerick

Or would that be just really sick

I'm no good at them

Especially the middle bpart

I'll have to try another trick.

So maybe it would be best

Just to

xxxxxxxxx

Passenger to Steward - "Steward please tell the captain that the ship is drifting aimlessly about and he needs to bring it back on course

Steward to Captain - "Captain a passenger has complained about our repeated drifiting off course"

Captain to Steward - "Steward please inform the passenger that we are not drifting but are simply using creative navigational tools to confuse the enemy so as to safely arrive at our destination"

Steward to Passenger - "Dear Madam I have spoken to the Captain and he assures me that we are on course but using clever tactics to confuse the enemy"

Passenger to Steward - Thank you so much for the information. For a while there I was afraid all had simply lost their minds but now that iIknow it is just a ploy to confuse the enemy I can relax and enjoy the drift"

Passenger to Steward - "Steward please tell the captain that the ship is drifting aimlessly about and he needs to bring it back on course

Steward to Captain - "Captain a passenger has complained about our repeated drifiting off course"

Captain to Steward - "Steward please inform the passenger that we are not drifting but are simply using creative navigational tools to confuse the enemy so as to safely arrive at our destination"

Steward to Passenger - "Dear Madam I have spoken to the Captain and he assures me that we are on course but using clever tactics to confuse the enemy"

Passenger to Steward - Thank you so much for the information. For a while there I was afraid all had simply lost their minds but now that iIknow it is just a ploy to confuse the enemy I can relax and enjoy the drift"

AMEN...the definitive tome on DRIFT...both Fred and Thread. I feel so much better now...thank you Song....

Cheers, Penny

Fred Drift was always an unusual child. At the age of 4, he entered Primary School, and was arrested. Returning later as a pupil, he was used in eye experiments for a few years. Eventually he started school properly, an achievement hitherto credited to Aristotle and his Academie.

On his first day, he was a newborn baby. On his first day at school, he was taught how to spell (his teacher was a white witch). Unfortunately he was categorised as dxsleyic. This was in the primitive days when stupid people were thoought to have some strange disease instead of being beaten thoroughly.

Even at this early stage, his incompetence was a feature, often preceded by two cartoons and some adverts. At the age of five he contracted TB, who promised to give up power halfway through the second term.

Happyscot

"Not money,

Pattywell honey,

I refer to alcohol.

And I can't find anything to rhyme with alcohol."

Might I humbly suggest ethanol? cholesterol?

And might I say how flattered I am to be immortalzied in an original HS creation? ;) I believe there is a group who need some new song lyrics that have requested your poetic Assistance but I'll be hanged if I remember which drifting thread that was on!!:rolleyes:

Roll on HS...your audience awaits...By the by...I loved your Princess review...almost spit my tea all over my computer screen when I read it!! Truly well thought out...

Cheers, Penny

Happyscot

"Not money,

Pattywell honey,

I refer to alcohol.

And I can't find anything to rhyme with alcohol."

Might I humbly suggest ethanol? cholesterol?

Cheers, Penny

. . . Pol ? ? ?

And might I say how flattered I am to be immortalzied in an original HS creation? ;) I believe there is a group who need some new song lyrics that have requested your poetic Assistance but I'll be hanged if I remember which drifting thread that was on!!:rolleyes:

The original welcoming message to (at the time un-named) Andy...

ROFL,

Jimmy

I've done this cruise and had no problems with blackout. Unlike Midnatsol, which is one of the Norwegian Coastal Voyages ships!

Matthew

Karen

(who can't believe that the November cupboard is even smaller, by about 20 sq ft! - it has to be the wardrobe space that goes, you can't make the bathroom any smaller)

Sure you can. Haven't you ever heard the army barracks room of S,S,and S? You can do it all in one place! The stall is the sink is the toilet! (2nd and 3rd esses are Shower and Shave) I once had a room in a motel where I was PBX operator,. You had to turn sideways to use the loo as it was right up against the foot of the bed. Turn a bit to the right and your feet were in the shower.

It was an old storage closet into which they had put a studio efficiency or mobile home type sink fridge and stove, a shower stall, a toilet and a cot, plus a desk behind the door, and your head was up against the "closet." They grounded the electric from the efficiency unit to thee cold water pipie in the shower which ate a hole in the pipe (can you say galvanize?) and caused you to get a shock if you touched the metal sink with the shower on.

What??????????

If it belongs to me then it is a Mai Tai!

S&D welcome, care to drift along with us?

Karie,

who has nothing better to do. Well, yes she does, but this is so much more fun!