What exactly is Pol Acker?

Traveler Nina

You know how some things grow on you after you see enough pictures of them?? Well THIS abomination DOES NOT!!! Could it really be that bad in person? :eek: Anyone willing to be the sacrificial lamb and try it out and report back to us saner folk?:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

C'mon, this was the Willa Wonkas theme cruise, no?

Although even Raould Dahl would disown that!

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????!!!!!

Well, I guess it's one way not to gain weight on a cruise.

That would certainly put me off my feed!

Karie,

who has cruised Carnival, and toured 5 of their ships. Don't care for the larger than life neon decor. But this one looks like a hyena threw up bad carrion all over it!

Malcolm was concerned about this poor thread, so rather than just bump, I will bring it back on topic

If (as I am) I am going on QE2 again in 10 weeks, I'm going to have to do 'something' with that bottle currently residing in the fridge, in preparation for the new bottle(s) of the new voyage!

There is a raffle at work around Christmas but I would like to keep my job;

or auction it as a genuine bottle from the QE2 - with photos to prove it.

1601507572_200706100072bottlesofPolAckerresized.jpg.b834b057caca91f47c6a81a0aeaa2898.jpg

317062903_20070610011Cabin5016-Butdohaveaportholeresized.jpg.23472d61f39267927f9facf940373c81.jpg

380658651_20070611016Cabin5016-PolAckerresized.jpg.121c61d5b820f14f192f01b090f4ed46.jpg

but which photo would bring the highest price?

Karen

Malcolm was concerned about this poor thread, so rather than just bump, I will bring it back on topic

If (as I am) I am going on QE2 again in 10 weeks, I'm going to have to do 'something' with that bottle currently residing in the fridge, in preparation for the new bottle(s) of the new voyage!

[ATTACH]57210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]57212[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]57213[/ATTACH]

Karen

You think people would pay for this muck?

Matthew

:rolleyes:

Hey - its from the QE2 & she is retiring - there has got to be a market surely ;) - by the time they find out what it really is, money would have changed hands ;)

Karen

Then I wouldn't use the close up of the label...some folks might actually be able to read it and know what's in it. Use something that shows the QE2 if you're going for a collector's item :rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

:rolleyes:

Hey - its from the QE2 & she is retiring - there has got to be a market surely ;) - by the time they find out what it really is, money would have changed hands ;)

Karen

I think you should put it up for sale on ebay.:eek:

Paul

I don't know why they provide Pol Acker when WD-40 is SO much cheaper and more effective. If they could toss in a roll of duct tape...

You know, if it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it DOES move and it shouldn't, use duct tape.

WD-40 is flammable which brings me back to post # 3 of this thread.

The duct tape could be used as a preventive device such as covering one's mouth. :eek:

Paul

[ATTACH]57210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]57212[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]57213[/ATTACH]

Karen

I like picture number one. Although, I see you must have needed to clean the shower as the bottle in picture number two is actually open (if I am seeing it right) why would you clean the shower when you are on vacation? :D

I like picture number one. Although, I see you must have needed to clean the shower as the bottle in picture number two is actually open (if I am seeing it right) why would you clean the shower when you are on vacation? :D

No Nina, probably a spot on the dress shoes- needed a solution such as denatured alcohol or a solvent to get off the sticky chewing gum.

Karie,

who knows these things!