What exactly is Pol Acker?

Traveler Nina

Surely it should be 1,001 uses for a dead cat. Or was that covered earlier, and I missed it?:D

As long as it's a dead ORANGE cat I think it would be a very helpful thread:) Of course it would first need to explain how to kill the cat:D

We tried cat and propeller - the b****y thing worked out we were trying to kill it!

Damn damn damn.

I locked one of my cats (by accident) in the garage last night. With enormous dignity, it stalked out this morning when I went a-hunting power tools, having deposited the world's biggest - and I mean biggest - jobbie on my gardening gloves.

I take it you've tried releasing the hounds?

Having spent the better part of the morning at the vet, and listening to these poor eight week old kittens cry when they took blood for tests, and getting a bit of upsetting news, I could really take umbrage at your cat-hating posts, Malcolm. But I shall let them slide and hope you are only kidding.

Me, who is allergic and has done shots for more than six years. Held a frightened kitten to my chest for a considerable time this morning, and just did so a bit more.

Penny, you'd have loved the golden girl who came in. and a beautiful rottie puppy who had broken her tow and had gotten the cast wet, so had come to get it take off. She was so beautiful. 16 weeks, I think her owner said. And she likes to sit on his shoulder! Not much longer for that! A Rottweiler on your shoulder gets a bit heavy when she grows bigger!

Karie,

who is worried about our little girls.

1142271539_kittens106.jpg.51a4e427ebf0a0a3420c491ea611d046.jpg

945487248_kittens071.jpg.9b2e8fadadda983ceee7b66395179cfc.jpg

498587637_kittens058.jpg.2aae07ce0a8adb1ca3d846d24ea2bdeb.jpg

Sexy little bunny tail you got there Casshew!

thanks. I love these girls (actually, pic # 1 & 3 are the same kitten.) I'll have to get more up to date pics. those are at least a week old, and at their age, they grow and change amazingly fast! they are really thriving, for having been found a around a week old (eyes still closed) They have been hand fed, so are socialized to people, and are socializing to each other- learning mock fighting, which is important in their growth stage.

We think they may be around 8 weeks old. We took them in on August 10th (my birthday! I was getting ready to go out to dinner when the neighbor dropped by) the neighbor probably cared for them for about two weeks before that! (He also raises sheep goats and cows as pets!) He did a good job, as they are obviously thriving and growing! They are now between 2 and e 1/2 pounds.

Karie,

who is going to hate to part with them, but we can't keep them!

You asked for it :D No wonder jeans are allowed.

cm3.jpg

After Casshew posted these pictures I had a full-blown panic attack and rushed into research mode to check out the dining room on the Spirit, lest Lyn took a stroke!

Thank heavens and what a relief! The Spirit's dining room looks utterly sedate if not boring by comparison!

Margot

I was going to reply in great shock and say no, not York! But thinking about it once they've grown up a bit there'll be some meat on them:)

No need to wait. Force-feed them herbs for a day or two, then pop them on the barbie; you'll find the spine acts as an ideal skewer, and voila! novelty mini kebabs. I find it best to tap them on the head first; it's kinder, but more importantly a barbie always goes better if guests don't have to chase their starters round the garden. If there's any left over, they will freeze OK. The kittens, not the guests: they'll bugger off when the good vino runs short, or when Dr Who is due on.

More usefully, does anyone have any culinary tips for grey squirrels, which arrogantly disport themselves in my garden, and don't even seem to hibernate?

Yahoo gave me 1480000 hits for +squirrel +cook:eek: , but this is the one that caught my eye on the first page :D

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_94391.html?nav_src=newsIndexHeadline

unfortunately no actual recipe:(

Karen

More usefully, does anyone have any culinary tips for grey squirrels, which arrogantly disport themselves in my garden, and don't even seem to hibernate?

then again, given the thread and for thread reconvergence which seems obligatory on this one, perhaps the :D answer should be

'marinate for 4 days in pol acker', roast,

then feed to the cat

(We are still on that thread aren't we - checking.....)

:D

I think you'll find they hibernate once hit with a spade.

The organisation I work for hires people to shoot grey squirrels (who apparently are BAD) because they give squirrel Aids to the red squirrels (who apparently are GOOD). Drive them up to the border, tell them Scotland is full of nuts, and we'll take care of the rest.

Bwah hah hah.

I think you'll find they hibernate once hit with a spade.

The organisation I work for hires people to shoot grey squirrels (who apparently are BAD) because they give squirrel Aids to the red squirrels (who apparently are GOOD). Drive them up to the border, tell them Scotland is full of nuts, and we'll take care of the rest.

Bwah hah hah.

no comment;)

(ducking)

Since you ask Larousse says "SQUIRREL - Wild rodent. In some countries, it is highly esteemed as game. It is cooked in the same way as rabbit."

So although not exactly a recipe it should prove helpful once you've caught them:)

But nothing like as much fun:D

No, you misunderstand. FIT a tap so that unpleasant brain and digestive juices can be drawn-off before consumption. Alternatively, can be used uncooked as a cocktail shaker: making the little bugger drink spirits can be tricky, but worthwhile when you see the delight on your guest's faces when you toss your kitten about a la Tom Cruise and then pour Mai-Tai from its ear.