What exactly is Pol Acker?

Traveler Nina

Oh, we know what Pol Acker is. That's one of the activities onboard Carnival ships. Bottling up water out of the kiddie pools. Hence that funky flavor you all are raving about. The more you bottle, the bigger your OBC. (You know, kinda like inmates stamping out license plates.) In case your interested in the ingredients, search the Carnival boards under threads about kiddie pools and swimmy diapers. :p

Now, that, is hysterical! :D

So maybe Cunard isn't the line for you? :eek: :D :cool: :confused: ;)

And btw, reverse snobbery, as it's called, is the only kind of snobbery on this particular message board. Oh, and Rich is a Norwegian fan, because the voyages he likes leave from NYC.

Ahhh, Angela! You can't get rid of me that easy! You just want the bucket o beer all to yourself!

And reverse snobbery is the ONLY kind I can engage in. As I don't qualify for the other kind! <G>

Now, that, is hysterical! :D

Uh oh!

I'm headin south 'fore my dream shrinks.

Lately,

Newspapers mentioned cheap airfare

I got to go to St Somewhere

I'm close to bodily harm

Twenty degrees and the hockey game's on

Nobody cares they are way too far gone

Screaming boat drinks. Something to keep them all warm

This morning

I shot six holes in my freezer.

I think I've got cabin fever.

Somebody sound the alarm.

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow

Can you beam me somewhere Mr. Scott

Any ol' place here on earth or in space

You pick the century I'll pick the spot

J Buffett

Whom I saw live and in person from behind the stage last Thursday.

Karie,

(And where is Fair Haven?) I went to the New England Phlocking with Frozen Finz in Burlington- Riddles in the Snow- Sadly., I missed the year of "I shot six holes in my freezer, but am already registered for A Pirate looks at Newport Feb 29- March 2 2008

Where do I start? For your information

I don't want a "fun" ship. Re: you got a point there, However; you make it what you want a cruise to be like.

I do want a ship where people expect to dress for dinner. Re: There are dress codes on in the dinning rooms on Carnival If you wear shorts you will be knocked out of the dinning room.

I don't want a ship that looks like a block of flats. Oh really.. Carnival cruise ships are very ships, especially the new ones

I do want an ocean liner. Whats difference? HUH? Carnival cruise ships are ocean liners too..

I don't want to be on a ship where idiots treat the lifeboat drill as a game. Who didnt have enough life boats in 1912? lol I believe 95% of passengers on Carnival cruises take the muster drill seriously

I do want to go on a ship where adult converstation is the main entertainment. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU STILL CAN HAVE adult enterainment as main event.. Oh boy!!!

I will be going on my 3rd cruise in 59 days on Carnival Pride.. i will have a blast with snotty white trash passengers...

And that's just for starters.

Matthew

steve

Steve, you need to learn to insert the quote and /quote notations if you want to make your comments distinct from those of the person you quote.

I don't intend to address all of what you added to Matthew's comments (which describe my ideal cruise, BTW), but two just beg for replies.

Carnival's ships, like most ships out there today, are cruise ships, not ocean liners. (I'm not sure what a 'very ship' is)

And the company with too few lifeboats was White Star. The company whose ship showed up to rescue people from that ship was ...?

Enjoy your Carnival cruise (and I mean that sincerely, not in a snotty manner). There's a cruise line for everyone's taste. Not surprisingly, most of the posters on this board like Cunard, even if they do serve Pol Acker. (see, Nina, I'm trying to get back on track!)

Kathy

What is so irritating is that they could undoubtedly get nice methode champenoise fizz for the same price they must pay for that stuff

That stuff in MC - it can't be called that anymore though because it isn't from the Champagne area. Instead they have to say things like "A slow secondary fermentation yield s sparking wine that has a fine mousse and excellent fruit character"!

Cunard is just over priced thats all

I don't think so. That's not saying that I wouldn't rather it was a lot cheaper but what they charge does seem to be reasonable for what you get.

you can get all the same things on a nice RRCL ship like the Mariner of the Seas or the Carnival Miracle which is a really nice ship ask anyone that has ever been on her

Interesting. There's another thread on this board where a lot of people have said that other lines do not offer the same as Cunard.

anyone can go on either criusline that they choose........... :mad:

I don't think anyone has ever disputed that. Although, reading between the lines, you seem to be telling us that we mustn't go on Cunard.

So if i sit and drool all day , So must you ! :eek:

I don't drool all day - I sleep for quite a lot of it:)

Do you have a Walker ,or a hairy chest , or both ? :rolleyes:

I've got a minder (Paul) does that count:confused: but, as to the other thing - guilty as charged:o (Do I get a prize for that admission:D )

I have no love for any line I like them all.

Have you ever travelled with Cunard? A lot of people find that until they do they can't see why Cunard is so highly rated by its passengers.

I would love to be able to travel on the QM2 for a trans Atlantic in the future when my kids are not part of the picture.

Cunard are very good with kids. Not only do the kids come back saying what a good time they've had but the adults come back saying they've hardly seen them for the entire trip:)

Hence that funky flavor you all are raving about.

Raving? Are we raving about it? Most people admit to not liking it. We treat it as a sort of joke. I suppose that could be considered as raving but that isn't a term I would use.

Carnival boards under threads about kiddie pools and swimmy diapers. :p

Is this the first time on the Cunard board that someone has used such blunt terms to talk about a possible situation?

Because certain un-named people from the Cunard board insist on going over to the Carnival boards to bait them and troll?

But I have to tell you there are some on Carnival that seem to have a better sense of humor (and a more laissez faire attitude) than some on the Cunard boards.

Karie - I haven't come across anyone on the Cunard board that has been as rude and unfriendly as several were to me on the Carnival board. I don't think any of them have been told to go away and not come back because they're not wanted here. I think we are quite happy to laugh with them and not at them:)

Steve, you need to learn to insert the quote and /quote notations if you want to make your comments distinct from those of the person you quote.

I don't intend to address all of what you added to Matthew's comments (which describe my ideal cruise, BTW), but two just beg for replies.

Kathy - can I raise a third? There is a difference between "adult converstation as the main entertainment" and "adult enterainment":p

It is a French non-vintage sparkling wine with a production of 10,000 cases per year.

It is Cunard's standard welcome bottle and served at receptions, often under the misleading title "champagne".

About its taste you probably have read enough.

Is that what they serve the Onslow's on Cunard?

Saved me an episode of Mythbusters. :rolleyes:

Surely you mean Onslow Bucket ...

That's Boo-kay B-U-C-K-E-T :D

Vic,

In keeping with your newfound intent to only reply in song, would that be related to R-E-S-P-E-C-T which the B-U-C-K-E-Ts seem to require in spades?

Karie,

(Karie Bay-bee, Karie- Karie bay-bee)

Vic,

In keeping with your newfound intent to only reply in song, would that be related to R-E-S-P-E-C-T which the B-U-C-K-E-Ts seem to require in spades?

Karie,

(Karie Bay-bee, Karie- Karie bay-bee)

"Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it me, sock it me ... etc ... " :D

BTW ...

My last post was taken in suggestion from your previous note of posting in song titles (or was it lyrics ..). A 'slight' variation of a popular song. ;) :D

So, in your honour, I came up with that.

If you can name that tune, you win a beverage of your choice.

One bourbon...one scotch.... and one bee-eeeeer. :cool: