room service menu

winemistress45

The room service menu seemed pretty balanced (ie lots of options like sandwiches, burgers, fries, desserts, etc). Breakfast was also complete (I can give you specifics if that would help you--not of the room service menu but of the breakfast portion you pre-order the night before). I've read on these boards that you can write in a request at breakfast that is not listed (like Eggs Benidict). Dining Room food can also be ordered as room service but with specific guidelines on order and delivery time. Regular menu available 24 hours.

I would be very surprised if you got "free" soda from room service. My guess is they bring a pay slip to sign or punch your soda card. Sorry, no personal experience on that one.

Enjoy.

Holly

Room Service on HAL is the best of any cruise line on which we have sailed.

The club sandwiches are delicious. Service is excellent. It's a real treat to enjoy wonderful HAL room service.

As stated, you will be charged for soft drinks. Coffee/tea/iced tea are complimentary.

You can even order from the dining room during dining hours. We did and it was scrumptious!! Just what we would have ordered if we had been in the dining room, only inthe privacy of our cabin. Elegant and hot!

Sister (Jackie)

No question, HAL's room service is great!

We use it often for breakfast and on occasion have ordered dinner from the main dining room menu. We tip accordingly - couple of $'s for breakfast and around 10% of what we estimate the dinner would have cost on land.

It's sad that so many people take the service for granted and 'forget' about a tip for the server.

You can even order from the dining room during dining hours. We did and it was scrumptious!! Just what we would have ordered if we had been in the dining room, only inthe privacy of our cabin. Elegant and hot!

We found it was very nice to order the complete dining room dinner from room service on nights when we were tired from a full day at port. It was wonderful.

I only wish that more lines offered the same.

I thought room service added a 15% tip onto the bill? Just like they do when you order a drink at the bar. Secondly if you are in the tipping pool and the money is taken out for each day and divided among all HAL workers, wouldn't they get that too?? Anyone know about this, let me know, Thanks,

Let's say that you wanted to have the food from the dining room or room service but didn't want to hang out in your cabin --- let's say you found a quiet place on the deck or in one of the lounges while everyone else was at dinner -- could you request it be delivered to you there?

Also if you want to select something from the dining room delivered to your room, how do you know what is on the menu -- is it posted in your room service menu that way?

Let's say that you wanted to have the food from the dining room or room service but didn't want to hang out in your cabin --- let's say you found a quiet place on the deck or in one of the lounges while everyone else was at dinner -- could you request it be delivered to you there?

Also if you want to select something from the dining room delivered to your room, how do you know what is on the menu -- is it posted in your room service menu that way?

Can't answer your first question - interesting idea, but I doubt it.

As for the second - my understanding is that if you are in a "true" suite (deluxe or penthouse), the dining room menu for that evening will be delivered to your cabin each morning. Otherwise, it's posted outside the dining room at some point, and you can check it there.

I thought room service added a 15% tip onto the bill? Just like they do when you order a drink at the bar. Secondly if you are in the tipping pool and the money is taken out for each day and divided among all HAL workers, wouldn't they get that too?? Anyone know about this, let me know, Thanks,

Room service food (not drinks) is free:) , so there's no "bill" to add the 15% too (or if there is a bill, i.e., because you ordered drinks as well as food, the 15% would only cover the tip for bringing the drink portion). The room service servers may or may not come from the group that gets the benefit of the automatic tip (aka hotel service charge), but even if they do, most people see room service delivery as being outside the scope of the standard services that the automatic tip is supposed to cover. That's why people generally give a few dollars to the server for room service - amount depends on size of order. Hope that helps explain it.

Can't answer your first question - interesting idea, but I doubt it.

As for the second - my understanding is that if you are in a "true" suite (deluxe or penthouse), the dining room menu for that evening will be delivered to your cabin each morning. Otherwise, it's posted outside the dining room at some point, and you can check it there.

Yes..... guests in Category "S" and "PS" receive the dinner menu in their suite each morning. It's great. We look at it while we have room service breakfast. :)

A friend was out late one night and called for "room" service to deliver a snack to the Ocean Bar :D . He got his order, but was told, in no uncertain terms, (later on by a higher-up), don't do that again.

Nothing's to keep you from taking your tray someplace comfy, after it's delivered to your room, though.

Besides being posted outside the dining room (as already noted), the menu is also available at every bar by late morning.

You don't have to order soda drinks unless you have asked that they be removed from your cabin. On our last two cruises there has an array of pop and bottles of water in the cabin. It is checked daily to see if you have used any and then you will be charged.

Room service is divine but you do pay for all beverages except water.

Untrue. Coffee, tea, fruit juices etc. are all included at no extra charge

On our Amazon cruise they repeatedly had trouble with the coffee and water machines on board. There were about 15 to 20 of us that got up around 5am. One morning so frustrated that the machines were once again not working I called room service and ordered coffee, hot water and pastries for 25 people to the Lido. Within 10 minutes we had a supervisor up there attempting to straighten out the problem. They did bring the coffee and stuff though. We all had a big laugh about it.

Snip...

Besides being posted outside the dining room (as already noted), the menu is also available at every bar by late morning.

You beat me to it. This is a little published tidbit that I discovered by accident. Some of the bartenders keep it "hidden" and some just put it on the bar. Nice touch tho.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 months later...

O M G

I can't believe this.:eek:

Let's say you have a late dinner schedule in teh dining room. Can you still order room service (like cheese and crackers) before dinner to hold you over and then still go to dinner or do they track it and only allow you to do one or the other?

Archived