Does your spouse ever get on your nerves during a cruise?

ecowen

Does your spouse ever get on your nerves during a cruise?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Does your spouse ever get on your nerves during a cruise?

• Yes, by the 3rd day we're ready for couples counseling
    • No, on a cruise we get along famously (at home it's a different story)

Generally we get along great throughout the cruise. It's the travel days where our tempers seem to flare.

For the sake of our marriage, though, we are no longer going to choose excursions that involve a two-person kayak. We are both bossy and want to steer which leaves us going in circles and screaming at each other.

I laughed all the way through this one...I have been married to a great lady for 27 years. I am a pain in the ass! Getting to the ship is a panic. Especially if we have our kids. Our last trip was this past June on Century. We took our whole family (son 25, son 22 and daughter 16) We had 2 inside cabins (price concerns for Dad and it was still 5 grand) The 3 boys bunked together and the 2 girls. We were also with 6 other friends (each had their own digs) By the time we get on the ship we are barely talking and then, the Cruise kicks in. All is well again.

Honestly, The best medicine is to get some alone time each day and wheen we travel with others the ladies do their things and the men do theirs'. We then get together at dinner and review the days events...what could be better!!

For the sake of our marriage, though, we are no longer going to choose excursions that involve a two-person kayak. We are both bossy and want to steer which leaves us going in circles and screaming at each other.

:D :D :D :D

The same thing happened when my SO and I went kyaking! I'm glad someone else knows how it feels to love someone who drives you crazy sometime!:)

The only thing that bothers me is the snoring. At home you can go in the other room.:D
Oh Joan, I had forgotten about that. My honey can raise the roof--guess that's why we have a balcony!

7_11_116.gif

Garry

we were on a 32 day, round the horn, I had just had enough. If I had to look at him or hear one more sophomoric word come out of his mouth I was going to scream. We were standing at the railing looking at the wake, I said, 'Oh, look! I think someone fell overboard!' He looked down and I gently assisted him in looking closer. After a while I went back to my cabin. I've traveled solo ever since. You know before 9/11 they didn't check passenger manafests like they do now. Hmmmm

I love him, I adore him.. he is wonderful.. but... after a few days of too much togetherness we do annoy eachother a little.. then we call home and listen to the kids yell and Grandma tell us all the things they did to warrent grounding and we appreciate the time again : ) Everything has it's ups and downs.

THE PEARL

An elderly couple were on a cruise and it was really stormy. They were

standing on the back of the boat watching the waves, when a wave came up

and washed the old woman overboard. They searched for days and couldn't

find her, so the captain sent the old man back to shore with the promise

that he would notify him as soon as they found something.

Three weeks went by and finally the old man got a fax from the boat. It

read:

"Sir, sorry to inform you, we found your wife dead at the bottom of the

ocean. We hauled her up to the deck. There was an oyster in the crack of

her butt and in it was a pearl worth $50,000 . please advise."

The old man faxed back: "Send me the pearl and re-bait the trap."

Well, I have to admit we get along a whole lot better on a 17 day cruise..than we do when we travel on land for 17 days....we have taken 17 day trips to Europe more than once and each time we get about half way through schlepping luggage around (picture B&B's with 3rd floor rooms) and he says something to the effect of not ever doing it again. I smile and say "Sure I won't plan one for this length"...then I do. When we cruise, he appreciates not carrying luggage and not having to sleep in a different bed every night. We love being able to "do our own thing" and meet up when bingo starts. He loves meeting different people and then finding me to come meet them. We have recruited several friends (some who have done the Europe thing with us) so now there are usually about 6 of us going different ways and then coming back together to determine who had the most fun! :D

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red]These are all pretty funny![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red]DUCK....................!!! Shame on you for asking! ;) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red]Gail, too funny![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red]Of course he gets on my nerves---he's my husband--he's SUPPOSED to! :rolleyes: :p ;) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red]Do I get on his nerves---of course NOT, I'm perfect! ;) [/color][/size][/font]

Actually, by the 3rd day he finally decompresses and gets off my nerves! Until then, he is so wired that he drives me totally nuts especially if we are on a ship we haven't been on before. He compares everything to every other ship we have ever been on and wants to continually run from here to there. Things mellow after the third and by the end of the 11th I remember why I fell in love with him 36 years ago! Then we got off the ship but even I was ready for high gear at that point! That is why I intend to stay away from 3 or 4 day cruises. We could reallyl be in trouble then!

I have been Blessed with a great Husband. When on vacation be it land or cruise we do not get on each others nerves. During my present illness my Hubbie has done just about everything for me from laundary to food shopping.
I am thankfull that he has been here to help me so getting on my nerves during a cruise does not happen.

Pammie

Nope, DW don't get on my nervous. The only complaint I've is that she sleeps in all the time. Her excuse is "I'm on Vacation" and "I'm taking the PILL, not that one, but the one for motion sickness."

However, cruising with other family members can be quite a pain!!!!

[quote name='new_cruiser']We get along fine as long as I don't watch him pack. He is an extremely tidy painstaking packer and somehow I can't watch the process. I'm not untidy in my packing but I do it a lot more so mine goes pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

[B]New Cruiser[/B]

Mine chooses to wait until the day of...or possibly the night before, if it's an early flight, to even start packing. :( Talk about driving me crazy ;) I've still got 90 days and already have all my evening clothes ready to go! :D

[quote name='dmarch@islc.net']My wife says we get along fine.[/QUOTE]
bwahahaha! :) great answer!

We rarely get on each other's nerves. He's in the Navy (fortunately he's stationed at home) and so we spend a lot of time together. When we move to new locations, we don't know anyone but each other. So, it's no different on a cruise. Every once in a while...like maybe once in 7 days one of us will do something that will make the other mildly pissy but it usually doesn't even last an hour. We're very lucky! :)

So glad to see that most of you answered the way I will....Absolutely not!!
Both husband and I work long hours, and one of the reasons that we cruise is that we have this wonderful stress free situation to enjoy each other.

Told a "white lie" to the Pres I report to. Told him cant get to my EMail, no cell phones, and just cannot be reached while on the cruise. So ends up just being the two of us, no work interferance, and is great!!! I dread the day that the Pres decides to go on a cruise and runs into the internet cafe...then I am screwed and will have to find the new perfect vacation...but until then Im safe, and enjoy every stress free minute with my better half.......

Archived