Attire for first night in dining room?

sugarsparkles

I now on RCCL it's anything goes for the first night and was wondering if it's the same on Carnival?

Shorts acceptable on first night--since luggage may/may not be delivered to cabin

Just wondering what needs to be worn for dinner the first night? I'm trying to start making my list of what to pack. I know on RCCL it's anything goes for the first night and was wondering if it's the same on Carnival?

thanks!

Rebekah

It really is up to you.

I plan to dress for the dining room every night~~even if it is just dress pants and a dressy top. We have always gotten our luggage prior to the late seating.

If you don't get your luggage, or prefer to go with the "anything goes" theory you can wear your embarkation clothes.

Hope that helps.

Payd:)

Just wondering what needs to be worn for dinner the first night? I'm trying to start making my list of what to pack. I know on RCCL it's anything goes for the first night and was wondering if it's the same on Carnival?

thanks!

Rebekah

In Aug on the Legend, I saw shorts, sweatpants and tee shirts in the dining room every night except formal nights.

Our luggage arrived by 4pm on the first day. We got dressed (dockers/polo shirt-men) for 5:45 dinner.

It's Carnival, they won't stop you from wearing whatever you want.

I brought a dress but I saw everything from nice shorts to practically bermudas worn everynight except formal......Formal night was a disappointment as most dressed business to business casual. I saw 3 tuxes several suits and ALOT of docker pants and slacks..of course the women were dressed slightly better but definitely NOT formal ANY night

thanks!

Rebekah

I do not want to get into a huge brew ha, but when we got our Capers right after we got on board, it said "Elegant Casual" for dinner.

thanks!

Rebekah

It's the same as RCCL:)

I usually attempt to dress in "smart casual" attire on the casual evenings. I like dressing up and look forward to opportunities to do so. I have seen many passengers dressed very casually on the first night, especially early seatings when their luggage was not delivered in time to change.

I've always changed before dinner the first night, if for no other reason than I've been wearing the same outfit all day, through embarkation (standing in lines), boat drill (hot and crowded), etc. - I just feel better getting changed for dinner and the evening. Last cruise I wore a split skirt to board, then changed my top for dinner. It was easy to put in the carry-on, although we received all our luggage before dinner.

You will see all levels of dress every night in the dining room, regardless of whether it is the first night, formal night, etc. Some people feel a cruise is their vacation and they want to be comfortable at all times. Others feel a cruise is a reason to dress nice. Personally, I feel a cruise is a reason to dress nice . . . and an excuse to buy new clothes. :D

You can get away with what you wore the day you arrived.

Yes, this is pretty much the case.

I turned up in a pair of nice shorts and a Hawaiian-style shirt with a collar,

wearing sandals(not slippers, not slip-slops)

quite prepared to be turned away,in fact

I apologetically asked.."Am I okay like this?"

and they said Yes, sure.

Of course on following nights I wore long trousers and tucked in my shirt

and on Formal Night wore a blazer (no tie)

and all was well.

On the first night of our Liberty cruise, we saw it ALL....our table was in plain view of the door and WOW. Some people were actually turned away..they were in cut-off sweats hanging (more like sagging) down in the back, tennis shoes with no laces and the tounge of the shoe sticking straight up and skinny tank tops..these were grown men.

On the first night of our Liberty cruise last February, an announcement was made that dinner attire on the first night was "come as you are".

Same for us., on the first night of the Liberty it ws come as you are but with the people I noted in my post, I think they had to draw the line:eek: Underwear/boxer shorts were clearly hanging out....

Archived