Explorer aft. Which deck?

hazz24

My hubby and I are going on cruise next year and have the option to get a deck 6,7, or 8 aft. We have a deck 6 for this December but would like to know if 7 or 8 is better. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

Brandy

The higher the deck, the better for aft cabins = less metal super structure obstruction to look through.

Choose deck 8 :)

The higher the deck, the better for aft cabins = less metal super structure obstruction to look through.

Choose deck 8 :)

And a corner cabin if you can..even less structure in front of you there

I have been lucky enough to have crusied in an aft cabin, deck 10 on Navigator. It was fab. Have been offered a Deck 6 aft cabin for Freedom next Feb. Are these cabins as bad as I'm thinking? Ie, looking over a deck area, lots of superstructure, not much sun?

A

We had #7392 on Mariner last week. Somewhat obstructed view but better than deck 6,... 8 or 9 would be best. There was no breeze at all. Very HOT! We couldn't sit out except early a.m. and at night and it was still warm and humid. Other wise the cabin and size of the balcony was great!

We had a deck 9 corner last year and my parents had the room next door. We enjoyed my parents so much more. Alot bigger and still had a great view. Remember the higher you go the more sun you get on you balcony...If you would like less sun do deck 7. Don't do 6 . You will be right behind the Employee deck.

This cabin is the only aft one left for Freedom class for that week in Feb. I'll see what the agent has for Feb 09, as my kids school holiday will be a week later therefore won't be the same as Presidents week and so there should be more availiability, and better price. If I had the choice of decks 7-10 I would have booked it.

We had 8392 on the Mariner and loved it.

The obstruction was not a factor at all for us, and the balcony was almost half the size of the cabin itself :)

We wouldn't have traded it for anything.

We just took the plunge and booked 8692 afft. Really wanted a corner but none were available unless I wanted to stay on deck 6 again (we are on 6 for 12/2/07 sailing corner aft) Hopefully balc is big and we will have a great view. Has anyone stayed in 8692 if so do you have pictures. Explorer on the Seas.

Deck 7 corner is great because it has a large deck with a partially covered area and a porthole cut into it. Deck 8 and nine I beleive that the corners are not as big as the regular aft. Deck 10 I will have to let you know next April. As was stated previously, I would not do deck 6 aft on this class of ship.

Archived