Orange Stay Away Notes

LindaandJeff

In our cruise docs (yeah!:D ) there was a note on an orange card advising us not to come to the port early (boo:( ) that due to heightened security and the number of people cruising that it was taking longer than usual to clear the ship. Have other people who have sailed recently received the same note and if so, did you stay away or did you still go early? Specifically, I am interested in Freedom of the Seas out of Miami...:confused: I always love having that first lunch on the ship...or should we have lunch before we go or bring sandwiches to eat in line?

Thanks!

What? No cries of "Policy! Rules!" ? :) :)

What if you are going to the ship early, even though the card says not to, carrying a case of liquor, and shorts and flip flops for formal night? :)

(sorry, I couldn't resist - go and get on early and have fun!)

What if you are going to the ship early, even though the card says not to, carrying a case of liquor, and shorts and flip flops for formal night? :)

As a person who tries to follow rules, I was going to split the difference with them and leave my hotel at 12:00 instead of 10:30. Actualy, it's mainly because I don't want to have to wait around for three hours if they really don't start boarding until 2:00. And I will be wearing my most formal flip flops ;-)

If they didn't want us to come early why would they start serving lunch? :D

When they stop feeding us, maybe we will stay away. ;)

In our cruise docs (yeah!:D ) there was a note on an orange card advising us not to come to the port early (boo:( ) that due to heightened security and the number of people cruising that it was taking longer than usual to clear the ship. Have other people who have sailed recently received the same note and if so, did you stay away or did you still go early? Specifically, I am interested in Freedom of the Seas out of Miami...:confused: I always love having that first lunch on the ship...or should we have lunch before we go or bring sandwiches to eat in line?

Thanks!

My cruise was three weeks ago and I didn't get any documents like that. We got to the ship at 11:30 a.m. (Seattle) and were onboard within 15 minutes. The Windjammer was ssssssooooooo crowded, but it wasn't impossible to find a table.

Weather has been rainy most of the week and onboard internet has been terrible (something about overcast weather slowing down sattelite onboard internet) so now am on library internet in Sitka. Icy Strait Point stop yesterday was nice and Hubbard Glacier day before was fogging and raining. Glacier bay stop we did on previous cruise was much better.

Sitka is starting to clear so off to see town. Juneau also has library with free internet close to pier as is here.

Just booked Nov07 greek and east Med. cruise onboard on Tues. event special at great pricewith $200 OBC so we are off cruising again in about 6 weeks.

ROFL!!!!! I always get a kick out of the policy screamers...hehehhe...Ill be carrying a case of soda and wearing my seventies wooden shoe with belt buckle strap over the foot on formal night in a halter top...and Im chubbo!!! woohoo redneck cruisin!!! lol:rolleyes:

Thanks!

We didn't get any notice like that for our Liberty cruise out of Miami in late June. We arrived at the port at 11:00 am and it was a total breeze!! It seemed like a lot of walking to get to the check-in desks because there were absolutely NO LINES whatsoever. We waited in the priority embarkation chairs for about 25 mins. and were on the ship very quickly.

If you were talking about FLL, then yes, they are definitely trying to deter people from arriving there before 11am, but I haven't heard that about MIA yet. I'd still get there early if I were you. ;)

Archived