Who makes THE Decision for your Cruise

C 2 C

Who chooses your cruise destination?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who chooses your cruise destination?

Exactly the same!!

Even though I do all the research, make the bookings, pay for the cruises, book the excursions, book airfare, etc., I do ask his opinions....but he's very agreeable to everything I have ever proposed and loves cruising.

That's exactly how this household works! He has sometimes said NO! He doesn't seem to be too big on South America or Asia, but I'm working on it.

However.....

I do all the searching, planning, scheduling..............Then I ask John, how many vacation/personal days he has left......Ask if he has his X credit card with him.....And tell him to book the hold I put down......

Its only fair that he pays since I did all the work!:D

Dave:eek:

I do everything, research, plan, book, etc. His part is asking if I packed his shaver.

When I got ill the last sea day, Bermuda trip, his "will pack up" consisted of me in bed with my eyes closed giving him verbal instructions on how and what to do.

He prefers the warmer climates, I wanted Canada/New England; so we did Canada, then Bermuda, now Caribbean, then Alaska, then the Solstice inaugural, so (except for packing ) my work is done until 2009!

I plan everything...since my husband is not as in love with cruising as I am he goes on about every 3rd cruise I take...on the others I take my close friend and we have a blast...however he is going to the Panama canal on the Summit with me and our best friends in December...:) (and we have an aft balcony...):) :) :rolleyes: :D :D

When it comes to vacation planning, my wife expects me to handle everything......so I do................

I'll find a cruise, resort or road trip, and ask her for her input..........

She always says........."Do you have enough vacation time? Can we afford it?"...........and if I say yes to both, then her answer is always.............."OK!!!!"

We're new to cruising, but not to travel. I'm always the instigator, since I think I enjoy it just slightly more than my husband does. I'm a real wanderer...he's more of a lay on the beach with a beer in his hand (hence our Hawaii vacation in November) kind of person. I tell him where I'd like to go, and he either says he'll come along, or he tells me to go have fun and he looks at that time as an opportunity to go off somewhere on his Harley! (I do not share his enthusiasm for motorcycles!)

Works out great for both of us! ;)

C 2 C - I read on another thread that in your informal poll (this thread) you feel you're in the minority as the cruise decision maker in your family. I don't think that's true - it all depends on how you read the (fun) responses. You know what I notice on this thread? The people on the boards are the ones who either make the cruise decision, or guide the cruise decision in everyone's family. OK, a lot of women are the driving force, but from another perspective, it doesn't seem to matter, husband, wife, domestic partner, mother, daughter, father, son. It all really seems to come down to the person spending their time on the CC boards, is the person who drives the cruise machine. Just my humble opinion.:o

So.... Welcome to the majority!:)

Happy cruising!

Denise

:) Good afternoon,Arno

In our case, I instigate, research, find, change, amend, propose, twist arms at times, and otherwise do everything up to packing ( Heather jumps in with both feet at this point...!!! ). Of course, I keep her posted along the way....after the ''propose'' stage.We have one credit card for the household...so she's got to know at some point !!

I've been known to present the facts in a ever so slightly ''distorted'' manner at times....but, hey...what's a little white lie on occasions..... The B2B next summer was ''proposed'' as a ''deal''==X== had put on for the 1st 48 hours after the summer'08 itineraries opened for booking; a ''24 day voyage'' only available for 2 days. She bought it, line,hook and sinker !!

As a previous poster indicated, the folks spending time of these boards are generally the ones with the decision making ''task''.

Good thread you started here.

Cheers

;)

Good thread you started here.

Hi Claude

I wonder if the numbers reflects the male/female split on Cruise Critic posters.

Or should I have asked How many men think they make these important decisions?:D

Hi Claude

Or should I have asked How many men think they make these important decisions?:D

:D Arno, we ALL think we do !!!! Of course.....Except for the debates pre-final $$$....and the packing, which all men worthy of their genetics grain of salt stay away from,like the proverbial plague ( or should that be ;;NVL...)

Cheers

:rolleyes:

I don't really think it's a competition between men and women, or a power struggle thing. I think in most relationships the partners take on different roles. It's probably a good thing that someone does the planning and the other one doesn't mind letting them do it.

In my marriage it works...we both come out winners....and cruisers!

I don't really think it's a competition between men and women, or a power struggle thing. I think in most relationships the partners take on different roles. It's probably a good thing that someone does the planning and the other one doesn't mind letting them do it.

In my marriage it works...we both come out winners....and cruisers!

My marriage exactly!

:D Good evening,

Yes to the last 2 posters.....and HUMOUR ( such as the one contained in some of the comments in various replies) also adds a good dosage of glue to marriages and other similar partnerships.

Cheers

:)

Hey Denise:

The Cruise Critic website must be where I come to the express my feminine side.;)

http://www.lovesedona.com/02.htm

Yang to my Yin or is it Yin to my Yang...

:):) See??? You're a perfect balance of BOTH!!!!:D

Happy cruising!

Denise

PS - If I were really smart I would have Googled and copied the Yin/Yang symbol on this post for you...obviously I'm not really smart....but I'm feminine!;):D

Denise

Ahem, Head of the Household here.

During my 30+ years in the airline world, I had the insights and connection to make all vacation arrangements. Unfortunately for my DW, that included a lot of 2- and 3-nighters (at times with our two sons) with jet lag to boot. Now, as a reward for all those hardships DW suffered, we go cruising. Unpack once and don’t even think of repacking until about 12 days later. Shore excursions on the Atlantic are very limited. LOL As far as itineraries are concerned, we both agree on what we want: Leisurely Trans-Atlantic crossings on a private aft balcony with a glass (or two) of Sherry.

Our default choice is Oceania’s Regatta. If that does not work out, we discuss the alternative ships – and I make the arrangement. No, I never pack my own stuff. Our system works, we are celebrating our happy 50th anniversary on our next cruise. There!

Archived