Carnival Glory Ports Changed!!!

poodlemom396

hug: I'll be on the Carnival Glory Eastern sailing the prior week, so you'll be getting ready for your fun as I sadly walk off to meet the real world after a relaxing cruise. I'll make sure I leave some "good vacation vibes" onboard for you. Have a wonderful Western sailing on this great ship! ~Bon Voyage!!

the cost of the changing to the legend was huge. We needed 2 cabins nearby. Nothing available in my cabin category had to upgrade, total cost of change would be about $3000.00 for our family, not doable for us. In addition we would have to change our airfair. Looks like we will be having 2 sea days in a row....don't even want to see the sign and sail card balance for that...yiks.

I also will be emailing to let them know we are not happy with the change. If what I am hearing is correct the $25.00 includes the refund of port fees? Geez that practically makes very little refund per person.

Bolt:confused:

DH and I are looking forward to the addition of Freeport and Roatan. We are doing a back to back and will be in Nassau the next week, so for us this is great. I guess we wouldn't really care though if we had and extra sea day. We just can't wait to get back out on the open water and relax.

I wrote Vicki also but no response. Don, let us know if you hear from here. The more who write the more likely Vicki might listen.

Yesterday I received an e-mail response (from the office of Vickie Freed) to my inquiry concerning the change of port times, despite the fact all the ports that are still included on the Carnival Glory itinerary are being visited on the original days, and there seems to be no reason to shave time off the total port visit. This is that answer, and I share it with the rest of you, xxing out info to keep it within CruiceCritic guidelines.

Hello Mr. Patterson,

I am responding on behalf of Vicki Freed as she is presently traveling.

First, I would like to thank you for your loyalty as a repeat past guest and to let you know that we are truly grateful that you have chosen to cruise with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding xxxx xxxxxxxxx, your personal vacation planner. I will be sure to share your compliments with him.

I have been advised that the change in the departure time out of Cozumel was made as an operational decision. We did not perceive this change to be an issue since research from our Port Operations Department showed that on the majority of our sailings, most guests are already onboard before 6:00 PM in order to be dressed and prepared for dinner. We have no doubt that you will still be able to enjoy all of the great activities that Cozumel has to offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to share you comments with us. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Carnival Glory in February.

Sincerely,

Versha Txxxxxx

Administrative Assistant to Vicki Freed

Senior Vice President of Sales & Guest Services

So, it was basically done just because they wanted to do it, and I'll live with that answer, I guess. I certainly do applaud the fact they did answer my question, but I also scratch my head at the remark concerning my female PVP, whom I referred to as 'her' numerous times in my written praise.:confused:

Well, there you have it. Over and out. . . .

Archived