Carnival Glory Ports Changed!!!

poodlemom396

I was notified today by my travel agent the ports for my 12/15/07 sailing have changed to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Freeport. Sounds like fun to me!!!!

I'll be back on the Glory in September and noticed today that Carnival's website has finially replaced all of the Costa Maya ports with other options.

I agree sounds like fun, I'm sad that I didn't get to see Costa Maya, but I'll look forward to her in 2009:)

Since Costa Maya is out (nice port) - they have given us an extra SEA DAY !!!! (April sailing) :D :D

Sat Port Canaveral

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Cozumel

Tue Belize

Wed Fun Day At Sea

Thu Fun Day At Sea

Fri Nassau

Sat Port Canaveral

Tom

I was notified today by my travel agent the ports for my 12/15/07 sailing have changed to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Freeport. Sounds like fun to me!!!!

Its too bad about Costa Maya because we truely enjoyed that port but with a new Lineup like that one, I would now book the Glory in a heartbeat.

Fred

I am bummed....we get an extra sea day. Taking the family on this cruise and wanted them to see as many ports as possible. We are cruising in April. I already purchased air or I would consider changing ships.:(

OK, I'm pretty sure the reason (or at least a discussion of it) has taken place already on a thread, but I'm admittedly too lazy this evening, after a crap day at the office, to go the route of extensive research. Sorry.:o

By now, we've all probably received our e-mails or faxes in regard to the change of ports for Carnival Glory, due to the loss of Costa Maya. My February sailing is one of those losing a port day and gaining an extra sea day. As disappointing as that may be, I'm going to most likely keep my cruise booked just as it is and deal with it. There is a perfectly good reason for skipping CM (which will always be a favorite port in my fond memories) but I truly can not see any reason for deciding to shave time off the original stay in Cozumel. This new adjustment is the same original itinerary, but with CM removed. Carnival Glory had already been approved for a 7:00 departure from Cozumel, so can anyone offer a reason why that was adjusted within these newly-announced changes?? It was not mentioned in the e-mail we received. Thanks for any answer(s) that can be offered. Have a great day, all!!

I am really ticked at this point.

I reasearched cruises for weeks before deciding on Glory on Dec 1. My wife let me take care of everything with ONE request. That there would not be 2 days in a row at sea.

So, now we have 2 days at sea. I am really unhappy with Carnival at this point. I can understand things changing due to Costa Maya, but to have 4 stops one week and 3 the next is really unfair. I expect that they will be refunding us the port charges at a MINIMUM.

Was excited about this cruise, now pretty pissed.

OK, I'm pretty sure the reason (or at least a discussion of it) has taken place already on a thread, but I'm admittedly too lazy this evening, after a crap day at the office, to go the route of extensive research. Sorry.:o

By now, we've all probably received our e-mails or faxes in regard to the change of ports for Carnival Glory, due to the loss of Costa Maya. My February sailing is one of those losing a port day and gaining an extra sea day. As disappointing as that may be, I'm going to most likely keep my cruise booked just as it is and deal with it. There is a perfectly good reason for skipping CM (which will always be a favorite port in my fond memories) but I truly can not see any reason for deciding to shave time off the original stay in Cozumel. This new adjustment is the same original itinerary, but with CM removed. Carnival Glory had already been approved for a 7:00 departure from Cozumel, so can anyone offer a reason why that was adjusted within these newly-announced changes?? It was not mentioned in the e-mail we received. Thanks for any answer(s) that can be offered. Have a great day, all!!

It may have something to do with point to point sailing distances. Before the change, the itinerary was Cozumel, Belize, back to Costa Maya and then up to Nassau. With substituting Roatan for Costa Maya, the sailing distances change. That is what caused Freeport to be substituted for Nassau. The ship just can't cover the distances and provide adequate "in port" time.

I reasearched cruises for weeks before deciding on Glory on Dec 1. My wife let me take care of everything with ONE request. That there would not be 2 days in a row at sea.

So, now we have 2 days at sea. I am really unhappy with Carnival at this point. I can understand things changing due to Costa Maya, but to have 4 stops one week and 3 the next is really unfair. I expect that they will be refunding us the port charges at a MINIMUM.

I personally chose my last cruise because of the 2 days at sea. I would prefer a cruise that only had one stop and 6 sea days. Since I am not really into doing exchursions and all.

I thought that Glory was going to another port in Mexico Progresso or something like that instead of Costa Maya. that was the original order. Guess they changed it because progresso has gone down so much since the cruise lines quit going there a few year ago.

anyway regardless of how many sea days and port days, you will enjoy the cruise.

Thanks for the reply, bunny, but for the sailing I was referring to there are no substitutions. The new itinerary is the exact same (day for day) as the original when booked, just with the ommision of Costa Maya, as well as an unexplained shorter time in Cozumel. I sent an e-mail to Vicki at CCL, and will advise here online when I'm offered an explanation. Thanks, again.

I don't know if your flight schedules can accomodate it, but those of you upset with the 3-port itinerary on Glory might consider Carnival Legend out of Tampa. It's a Sunday departure instead of Saturday, but it visits 4 ports.

I am bummed....we get an extra sea day. Taking the family on this cruise and wanted them to see as many ports as possible. We are cruising in April. I already purchased air or I would consider changing ships.:(

I'm with you. We have a large family/friends group traveling - many of them first time cruisers. Booked this cruise specifically because it had four ports - rather than the eastern itinerary.

We sailed this same ship and itinerary last year. Our 2008 cruise is costing us $200 per person more (because of the time of year) and we're getting less.

Can you tell I'm BUMMED??!!

I wrote Vicki also but no response. Don, let us know if you hear from here. The more who write the more likely Vicki might listen. VFreed@Carnival.com VP Marketing and Sales. My family of 18 is not happy. We have 3 generations and a bunch of kids who will have cabin fever with 2 days at sea in a row. It is so much trouble to change at this point. I have not paid but I do have my air.

I wrote Vicki also but no response. Don, let us know if you hear from here. The more who write the more likely Vicki might listen. VFreed@Carnival.com VP Marketing and Sales. My family of 18 is not happy. We have 3 generations and a bunch of kids who will have cabin fever with 2 days at sea in a row. It is so much trouble to change at this point. I have not paid but I do have my air.

Thanks - I sent her an e-mail RAVING over the extra sea day...:D

Sorry! :o

Tom

noticed online that ours are changed too for 8/23/08. I am so happy because Roatan is my favorite!

I had not checked but am on this cruise as well. Is Freeport better than Nassau? It actually works out great for me as I have been to Nassau and Grand Bahama island. Now all of these will be places I have not visited. I just love it when an un-planned plan comes together...:p

:( stinks; originally we were told Progresso would be a likely long-term sub for Costa Maya; we almost cancelled our Legend cruise & rebooked the Glory 12/1.

My PVP had confirmed last month that once you get the email of intinerary change (even if past the final trip payment date) you have 24 hours to cancel/rebook another cruise (of course @ prevailing rates).

Curious, is anyone switching things around?

I had not checked but am on this cruise as well. Is Freeport better than Nassau? It actually works out great for me as I have been to Nassau and Grand Bahama island. Now all of these will be places I have not visited. I just love it when an un-planned plan comes together...:p

OK, I just read in another thread that Freeport is on Grand Bahama Island...LOL

Guess I have been there. I was only a Lucaya so don't know about anything else. This may be a day to relax. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

I wrote Vicki also but no response. Don, let us know if you hear from her.

I will do that, although I'm quite certain there are so many questions being asked right now that it may take a while. I copied my PVP on the e-mail I sent. It was rather lengthy, but was probably only 10% concerning the itinerary on this Carnival Glory sailing. The other 90% was mostly a glowing review of a multitude of CCL sailings these part thirteen months, as well as some sincere kudos of my PVP. It was a very positive-tone message.

Again, I'm not frustrated about have the extra sea day. True, I'm disppointed, but I fully understand the situation concerning Costa Maya. The only disappointment that prompts my e-mail to Ms. Freed is the silent adjustment to port times. My PVP had not yet noticed that change, but she (like many others) is being bombarded with questions.

Actually, the only thing negative that was going to be mentioned in my e-mail to Ms. Freed ended up being deleted by me before hitting Send. Was going to advise my surprise from the visit to Carnival Inspiration this past Thursday. It begins a new era for the face-lifted Fantasy class ships, yet reminded me of the prom queen standing at the top of the stairs to show off the new dress and tiara, then takes the first step and falls down the stairs, taking quite a splatter. Now with only one shoe, bruises on arms and legs, and 'big hair' all askew, she heads out the door anyway.

Seemed a bit harsh, and would take away from most of the praise I was offering, so those words ended up on the cutting room floor.

noticed online that ours are changed too for 8/23/08. I am so happy because Roatan is my favorite!

We are on the same sailing. We have a roll call started. Check my signature for the link.

I am so excited about the new intinerary!!!! I didn't want to miss out on Belize and Roatan is an added bonus!!!!!

OK, I just read in another thread that Freeport is on Grand Bahama Island...LOL

Guess I have been there. I was only a Lucaya so don't know about anything else. This may be a day to relax. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

lucaya is on the same island as freeport (grand bahama). there is not much there now except for the area around lucaya. i am bummed to be going there rather than nassau. at least nassau has the atlantis & the yellow bird. not much offered in freeport.

I was on a Glory cruise 4/08 and opted to change to the next day out of Tampa with 4 stops. I also wanted fewer days at sea and more stops it seems like a good change for us.. It's funny how some people love the stops and some prefer not to.. I LOVE the ships but also want to see as many ports as possible!

Since Costa Maya is out (nice port) - they have given us an extra SEA DAY !!!! (April sailing) :D :D

Sat Port Canaveral

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Cozumel

Tue Belize

Wed Fun Day At Sea

Thu Fun Day At Sea

Fri Nassau

Sat Port Canaveral

Tom

The same with me with my January Glory cruise. I got and E-mail from carnival,and its on there web page

Archived