How much extra would you be willing to Pay...

VentureMan_2000

Carnival tried the smoke-free cruises, had to heavily discount them, and finally gave up on the noble experiment.

I can get chikd-free itineraries on Celebrity, with no premium charged.

Alcohol-free? Get serious.

While I have nothing against well-behaved supervised children, a child-free cruise would be interesting. As to price, no more than I pay now. Since I haven't seen or can't afford the high dollar cruises where there are few or no children, I guess for now I'll have to limit myself to cruising when most kids are in school.

tef, Celebrity has child free cruises? Point me in the right direction! :D

tef, Celebrity has child free cruises? Point me in the right direction! :D
They do 3-4 of them a year, on different ships with different itineraries. Check the "X" website.

There is an 11-day Mexican Riviera sailing over New Years' on the Mercury which is *very* attractive.

Not worth anything extra, to me.

• I'm an elementary schoolteacher, so children don't bother me that much, as long as someone's looking after them. And, I have experience volunteering a little instant supervision:D if nobody else is;
  • I'm not cruising to drink, but I do imbibe occasionally, so that doesn't bother me either as long as they don't slosh it on me;
  • Smoke-free intriques me, but I'm satisfied if they will just section off 'smoking' and 'non-smoking' cabins in certain areas of the ship, as restaurants do.

The only thing I might be willing to pay extra for would be child-free. Smoke I can avoid & alcohol..why would I want to? I'm not a big drinker but I enjoy it when I cruise.;) I've always found the ventilation on ships to be very good and smoke has never been a problem for me. I've only had one cruise where the kids seemed to run wild and, believe me, I would have paid plenty to get rid of them.

How much extra would you be willing to Pay...

For a smoke free, alchohol free, child free cruise?

Or any combination above. For example:

Child Free?

Alchohol free?

smoke free and Alchohol free?

WHich combination would you like to see?

Exactly $0.00.

I think if they were to remove any of those elements, revenues would be down. Who would want an alcohol free ship?? And people thought the Paradise was boring??? LOL. As for children, while yes it would be nice, it would probably end up just like the Paradise. Lots of single people travel with friends that have children... and lets face it, cruises are packed with kids for a reason (dollars, dollars)... I might enjoy it, and I can see it working for me, but not for Carnival. I would not pay extra for it however.

I have never been bothered by kids or smoke on a ship. Since I drink I cannot speak about the booze factor but my hubby does not and he says that he would not pay extra. I go to Vegas several times a year and people are always complaining about kids there. Honestly they have never bothered me.... OK If your little monsters are running up and down the hall screaming we may have a chat but I am a mom to three with one on the way so I think I am mostly immune.

That said I am not sure I would bring my kids on a cruise since I cherish that time with my husband..

I'm traveling in Mid September so I'm hoping there will be very few children on board. On my cruise 17 years ago, I can't remember seeing a single child on board. I plan on paying extra to drink. Don't have to worry about drinking and driving as I have a wonderful chauffeur doing that for me on my 963 foot long Limo that has 5 pools and spas, 24 hour pizza, shows, wonderful dinners, and will make 3 potty stops along the way.

On my cruise 17 years ago, I can't remember seeing a single child on board.
Those definitely were the Good Old days.

We can blame the Big Red Boat people for planting the idea that cruising was an "acceptable" idea for a "family vacation." Notice that Premier Cruise Lines is now out of business, and we are stuck with the after-effects of all the other cruiselines having jumped on the bandwagon in order to compete.

Can't you just see the MasterCard commercial ....

Foo-foo drink in souvenir glass - $6.25

Formal photograph - $19.95

A week with NO CHILDREN on board ship - Priceless!

I am in the minority, but I have only cruised when children are in school. I would pay an extra $200 or so for a cruise that limited the alcohol intake. I have had a lot more problems with drunk adults then out of control children. I still believe the out of control children probably belong to some of the drunk adults.

I almost cried when I heard about the Paradise, and would have paid more for non-smoking. Not sure how much but at least $200 pp.

I wouldn't mind being on a cruise without smoking; even if they would separate the cabins and have a smoking a non smoking floor. But it's funny, some smokers don't like to be around smoke (go figure). Children don't really bother me, well behaved ones anyway. No alcohol on a cruise!! Pleeeeze!!!Although, my DH does not drink at all I only drink on vacations. So guess my answer would be...$0 even if it were smokeless.

Smoking: I don't smoke, but it doesn't bother me at all when others do.

Alcohol: I don't drink alcohol (can't stand the taste), but again it doesn't bother me at all when others do.

Children: I know I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't take a cruise that didn't have children onboard. I don't have any of my own yet, but one of my favorite cruising activities is sitting by the pool watching the children splash and play or watching their reactions to the music and bright costumes in the show lounge or to the waiters during the baked Alaska parade. I have taken enough cruises that this has all become old to me, but everything is new and fresh to them and watching it through their eyes gives me a fresh perspective.

Some of my best cruises have been when I tagged along with my sisters and their young children (toddlers at the time). They may not remember any of it, but I do and to me those memories are priceless. I just don't think a cruise would be any fun without plenty of kids onboard to keep it interesting.

want2cruisenow - what a fresh new view.

The few times we have cruised was w/ our children, wouldn't have it any other way.They are well behaved and didn't seem to bother anyone. BUT our children were well supervised. What did bother us was the under aged drinkers (preteen and young teen), that had absolutely no supervision.

Don't like smoking, but they seem to keep it pretty well contained.

We drink rarely, but avoid the place where people go to let loose.

So, I guess for us it would be $0.00.

Archived