Updates on Sovereign and Monarch (merged)

eroller

Hey if anyone heres the same that I was told yesterday about the Monarch going out in December or earlier than October of 2008, post it. I would love to know when it is going out and what they are going to do to refurb her.

I also can not wait to book a cruise on her. I am still waiting on reservations to become available so I can take my DD on her for her 16th birthday.

Heh... that would be my work. It is fun to get the ship staff to call the Monarch that also. :cool:

Every time she leaves on Monday and Friday we yell ... "bye Mojito!"

Sorry, I could not remember your screen name. Did the best I could by stating that you worked at the port.

That is a classic!!! Love it!!

Did they say you'd be able to keep the old prices? I hope you do, it would make for a lovely new years cruise.

I am thrilled to report back that my pricing was adjusted today! I got the 7-night New Years Eve cruise on Vision for the price of the 4-night New Years Eve cruise on Monarch because of the re-deployment. They did good. :) There was no other New Years Eve cruise available to us on the West Coast, so I guess they felt it was only fair to us.

I am thrilled to report back that my pricing was adjusted today! I got the 7-night New Years Eve cruise on Vision for the price of the 4-night New Years Eve cruise on Monarch because of the re-deployment. They did good. :) There was no other New Years Eve cruise available to us on the West Coast, so I guess they felt it was only fair to us.

That is really wonderful and you should have a good time. RCL came through for you, way to go :D:D

The mystery goes on..................

directly from www.rccl.com

Ship Name: Monarch Of The Seas

Departure Port: Los Angeles, California

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

2008 Date(s): May 02 , May 09 , May 16 , May 23 , May 30 , Jun 06 , Jun 13 , Jun 20 , Jun 27 , Jul 04 , Jul 11 , Jul 18 , Jul 25 , Aug 01 , Aug 08 , More 2008 Dates...

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $279.00 $319.00 N/A $429.00

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; San Diego, California; Catalina Island, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

2007 Date(s): Oct 22 , Oct 29 , Dec 24 , Dec 31

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite N/A $399.00 N/A $689.00 4 Night Bahamas Cruise

Departure Port: Port Canaveral, Florida

Ports of Call: Port Canaveral, Florida; Cococay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida

2008 Date(s): Dec 01

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite N/A N/A N/A

The mystery goes on..................

directly from www.rccl.com

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

2008 Date(s): May 02 , May 09 , May 16 , May 23 , May 30 , Jun 06 , Jun 13 , Jun 20 , Jun 27 , Jul 04 , Jul 11 , Jul 18 , Jul 25 , Aug 01 , Aug 08 , More 2008 Dates...

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $279.00 $319.00 N/A $429.00

Ports of Call: Los Angeles, California; San Diego, California; Catalina Island, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite N/A $399.00 N/A $689.00 4 Night Bahamas Cruise

Departure Port: Port Canaveral, Florida

Ports of Call: Port Canaveral, Florida; Cococay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida

2008 Date(s): Dec 01

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite N/A N/A N/A

What is so mysterious? There are L.A. cruises through October 2008. (the 10/31 cruise comes up as N/A). All of the others are 2007 dates. Her final L.A. cruise departs from San Pedro on 10/13/08. That's what your post shows, too.

??????????????????? :confused: ??????????????????????????

What is so mysterious? There are L.A. cruises through October 2008. (the 10/31 cruise comes up as N/A). All of the others are 2007 dates. Her final L.A. cruise departs from San Pedro on 10/13/08. That's what your post shows, too.

??????????????????? :confused: ??????????????????????????

I was confused because I thought these dates for the end of Deccember were for 2008 not 2007 and they were in LA not PC. ;)

I received the new RCI caribbean brochure yesterday. It shows Sovereign sailings up to April 2009.

But I am wanting to book the Monarch not the Sovereign. I need a short cruise from PC. The Sovereign will no longer be sailing out of PC then. I was booked and they cancelled my booking for April 2009 sue to her being moved to Spain. When I look it only shows the Sovereign thru 2008. There are so many ways to look up a cruise on www.rccl.com that you can get various offerings. ;)

Okay people, for what it is worth (which may not be much), I suggest you read posts 363, 366, 368, 370, 373, 378 & 379 on the following thread ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12077310#post12077310

Here's the short version of that: :)

By the way, with no joke, I have an RC executive at my house right now for dinner and he is reading the thread (seriously). Unfortunately, he sees both sides and if a decision is made he will let me know first.
Can you ask him if RCI has any plans to replace the Monarch in Los Angeles, and if so, when? He doesn't have to reveal the name of the replacement ship, just let us know what the long term plans are.
will do he is in the other room adjusting his bowtie
I think you need to be a bit more suspicious of OP's "no joke"....;)
Perhaps or perhaps not. It doesn't hurt to try.
TW, Seriously, I may be sarcastic and joke around alot...and maybe that is to my detriment when I make a statement like that, but he is here.
I think I would have to say good luck with that one but to each his own....:D
They are NOT replacing the Monarch. For the foreseeable future they will not be doing 3 and 4 nights out of LA only 7 day trips. Mariner will be taking their port commitments.

Taking their port commitments? Yeah right! That'll be the day when the Mariner does Catalina, San Diego and Ensenada. My opinion is... they need to get a 3-4 day ship positioned in California quick before the west coast cruisers feel abandoned and flock to Carnival! :eek:

Here's the short version of that: :)

Taking their port commitments? Yeah right! That'll be the day when the Mariner does Catalina, San Diego and Ensenada. My opinion is... they need to get a 3-4 day ship positioned in California quick before the west coast cruisers feel abandoned and flock to Carnival! :eek:

How do you get quotes from one thread into a different thread? Usually when you click on quote, it opens a reply in that thread. So, how did you get it into this thread? :confused:

How do you get quotes from one thread into a different thread? Usually when you click on quote, it opens a reply in that thread. So, how did you get it into this thread? :confused:

Probably just quoted it over on the other thread...............copied it all somewhere else(like an email or Word) and then just pasted it back here.........

MM, I was afraid of that. I am sooooooo sad that we won't have the 3 or 4 night option out of Los Angeles on RCI. We have our girl's cruise booked for Feb '08 and I have booked the Mariner Mexican Riviera for Jun '09 but I was looking forward to many more 3 and/or 4 nighters. I will have to look into Carnival as it is the only option remaining.

Archived