Can you give me opinions on three formals?

I really like #2 and #3 but they both (as stated by another poster) would be difficult/expensive to have hemmed if they are too long.

Too bad they don't come in petite.

#3 for some reason reminds me of a mermaid (in a good way) and I would wear that color with my reddish hair.

Good luck finding the perfect dress!!

Wow! thank you all so much for your wonderful and truthful responses! You gave me stuff to think about that I didn't see before.

I love them all, so its tough. They are all from the website someone posted this morning, therosedressinc. com. I visited it when I saw it here and wow! There really is too much to choose from just browsing, and I thought the site was a little difficult to look at, because they are all laid out as thumbnails. These were all clearanced, so I started there (I love a sale). Even at clearance prices, they are still more expensive than I would normaly spend, but I could justify buying one.....

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how it goes!

Melody

Love, love, love #2 !!! Second choice would be #3 because of your colouring and the colour (my favourite) of the dress itself. The style of #3 is a little over the top for me personally, but #2 is just sooooo elegant!

Let us know which you choose :)

Bonnie

I agree with the order....#2 very elegant, #3 good for a red head, but still like #2 better.....as for number one...it's okay...a little too 'nightgowny' in my opinion.....but that's just me!

I'm partial to #3 as green is my favorite color. Adding the fact that you're a redhead makes dress #3 an even better choice. And finally - is it possible you'll be able to avoid hemming #3 because of it's cut? Seems to me you won't need to worry about tripping over that hem because it doesn't go to the floor in the front and just let the back flow with you.

With any 3 you'll look beautiful but my first vote is for #3, then #2.;)

My favorites in this order: #3, #2, and #1. But since you're apparently concerned about shortening them (which I can understand -- I'm also 5', size 6), #3 would be the most difficult (therefore the most expensive if you're having someone else do it), followed by #2 just because there's so much fabric, and #1 would be easy. I do my own shortening and, much as I like it, wouldn't even consider green #3 unless by some miracle it was already the right length.

Actually, #3 would be the easiest to hem as it would not need to be hemmed at all. If you notice in the picture, the very back is a train so the train would just be a little longer and the front is short and won't need hemming.

...as lovely as it is, in my opinion, the third dress on a redhead would just scream "little mermaid". I think it is a beautiful dress and would be a great color for a redhead....but I think that is why Disney Studios chose that color scheme for Ariel! ;) It think the style in particular is what gives it that "mermaidy" feel for me. I do love the dress though!

I personally find dress #1 sort of ho-hum (just my opinion), but I imagine it would make you stand out with your red hair which would be nice.

I absolutely love dress #2. Is silver a good color for you? I have a hard time imagining this dress on a redhead. But, that doesn't mean it wouldn't work, just that I don't know what colors look best on redheads! By the way, I LOVE red hair!

Archived