Downy Wrinkle Release

seafood

I've read about Downy Wrinkle Release, but have yet to find it in the grocery store nor Sears Super Center. I live in southern California and would like to know which stores carry the product. Thanks for any information!

Hard to say. I had trouble looking for it as well then found it in the houseware section of a local drugstore, Walmart and Target. If you get lucky, you'll find it in a small size that is perfect for travel. I now buy the larger size and fill my small bottle with it, but you could just buy a small spray bottle. It works well but don't imagine that it's exactly the same as ironing!

We were fortunate to sail on a Princess cruise line our first cruise which had laundry rooms complete w/irons and ironing boards. However our last cruise on RCCL had neither one. While I found this to be inconvenient, I didn't want to spend my vacation ironing. So I decided to try wrinkle releaser.

I found a very inexpensive version made by Brawn at Roses Department Store in VA. Not only does it have a very pleasant smell but it also works well on all fabrics except linen (doesn't give that crisp look I prefer with linen). The 16 oz bottle was only $1. I took it on a 7-day cruise and it worked great.

I just bought some and tried it on a skirt and it didn't seem to work at all. what could be wrong. I sprayed it until it was damp and then pulled and tugged and hung it up. ( insert shrug here ) Any suggestions?

I use this product all the time to avoid ironing.

It does work but does the best job on softer fabrics such a t-shirts, polo shirts, jersey fabric and various man made products. I also use it to refresh clothing that has been dry cleaned. (make sure the fabric is color safe).

I hang the garment up and spray it lightly, let it dry and that's it.

I buy it at Target on the aisle with other laundry products.

I've read about Downy Wrinkle Release, but have yet to find it in the grocery store nor Sears Super Center. I live in southern California and would like to know which stores carry the product. Thanks for any information!

My super-huge-mega-Walmart had it in two places. The first was in the travel size section...you know, near lotions and shampoos. It was a small-ish bottle.

The second place I found it was on the laundry aisle in a larger spray bottle.

OK, I have really and truly tried to use it- ZERO results. I have sprayed and tugged and hung- the works. It is next to useless. I HAVE had it open in my luggage once- thank God I had it in a Ziploc- and it got soapy liquid all over everything else in the Ziploc. You are far better off making sure everything is ironed before you go and then hanging any really wrinkled items in the head while you shower and letting them steam straight.

PS: Everyone else on the cruise will have a certain level of wrinkliness, too!

I just take an empty spray bottle and fill with water when I get to my destination. If you dampen most fabrics with water, you can shake out wrinkles. Linen and silks would be two that this wouldn't work well with, but neither would the wrinkle release.

I mix my own in a spray bottle almost full of water and add a small amount of fabric softener....works just as well, IMO.

I do this too and agree, it really does work just as well! You can also change the scent this way too. I use the old Wrinkle Release bottle, but a very fine mist spray bottle would work as well.

I've had excellent luck with it. Just yesterday the top that I got out to wear to work had been squished in my closet and was very wrinkled. I didn't have time to iron so I sprayed it with the Downey wrinkle release and let it dry while I was showering--I figured if it didn't work then I'd pick something else out to wear. By the time I was done drying my hair the top was dry and wrinkle-free! love it.

here is another tip you may not know about downy, the fabric soften sheets. i have a vacation mobile home at a lake that we winterize off season. if you place downy (no other brand) in all the drawers and cracks and crannies, it keeps away the mice.

downy rocks

I am in Southern California also, and I see it everywhere. I have bought it at Target, at Stater Brothers Grocery, or Albertsons. As those are the main places I shop for the Wrinkle realease spray. Oh and I have seen it in the small travel size in Targets area with the travel size items with the toothpastes, etc. I will be at my grocery store today, and will take a look, I haven't bought it for maybe 6 months or so.

Finally found it at Target. I too, had trouble locating it. You would think if it is advertised so much on TV they would carry it in the major chain grocery stores.

Nita

I am in Southern California also, and I see it everywhere. I have bought it at Target, at Stater Brothers Grocery, or Albertsons. As those are the main places I shop for the Wrinkle realease spray. Oh and I have seen it in the small travel size in Targets area with the travel size items with the toothpastes, etc. I will be at my grocery store today, and will take a look, I haven't bought it for maybe 6 months or so.

not to change the subject, but where do you live in So Ca? I ask cause I remember the very first Stater Bros. and if there is anything I miss about living in Calif it is Stater Bros.

Nita

I live in the Inland Empire, east of Los Angeles and north of Ontario. My girlfriend found the product in a local Walmart and said it really does work.

There is no Stater Bros. close by, so I seldom shop there.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to go to Walmart and purchase the Downy Release as I want to use it prior to our upcoming cruise next month!

Archived