Celebrity's Secret Sale Oct 17-19

C 2 C

Back in July Celebrity had a three day sale offering 50/100/200 discounts on select sailings as well as reduced deposits.

At that time I suggested future sales were down because of reduced on board booking credits introduced in January. I just left Summit last Friday having booked 2 future CC cabins and received $50 discount on each. Today I can book them with a $100 discount. (cancelled and rebooked different dates.)

There is a three day sale on again today but X forgot to tell anybody, including their Captain's Club agents until 7pm yesterday. Confusion reigns temporarily, but if you have a wish list of cruises between now and June of 2008 get your calls in before Friday.

I'm not sure which sailings you are talking about, but the one I've been looking at for Dec '08 hasn't budged in price at all.

Confusion reigns temporarily, but if you have a wish list of cruises between now and June of 2008 get your calls in before Friday.

The time interval for on board credits of $50/100/200, not reduced pricing, is till June 2008 for select sailings..

yes, they are for new bookings only.

there are a lot of threads on various boards that will list the actual sailing that apply to this promo. Somewhere I read where you couldn't cancel a current booking and rebook....

I spoke with agents in reservations, Captain's Club and Resolutions last night about a previous reservation question and they were all aware of the promotion going on today.

(I had a previous promo that hadn't been credited and I wanted to get it taken care of before today)

I was informed of RCCL One Day Sale this week via several email blasts, cruise line initiated and one particular agency blast included a no cost excursion on them, but the baseline for all was a reduced deposit, and a cabin credit that seemed in line with typical bookings while on board.

Either way, saw nothing from anyone for X cruises....

Wow, the cruise price I was quoted on Monday has gone down. We are thinking of a 12 day Scottland/Ireland, etc... cruise in late May with our three teen daughters and all together the price is over $600 cheaper.

It's onboard credit, not combinable with any other promotions... and if your fare goes down.. and you want the lower price, you lose the obc. Same thing last time. So...............buyer beware.

I don't know why you called it a secret??? We've been inundated with all the CLIA cruise night whoop-dee-doo from all the cruiselines.

Celebrity's just happened to be a little on the boring side..but still resulted in sales today. I found the STAR Desk reps all up to speed on the promotion.. first thing in the morning.

C 2 C -

Thanks for the info on the incentive - I've noticed you've been on Constellation numerous times. We'll be on her next month - And our first on X, we've sailed RCCL many times. Any tips or recommendations or secrets you can make regarding the ship? Would you recommend Ocean Liners? Any other advice you would share would be fantastic. THANKS!

C 2 C -

Thanks for the info on the incentive - I've noticed you've been on Constellation numerous times. We'll be on her next month - And our first on X, we've sailed RCCL many times. Any tips or recommendations or secrets you can make regarding the ship? Would you recommend Ocean Liners? Any other advice you would share would be fantastic. THANKS!

Of all Celebrity's ships, we have sailed on Constellation only once until now. For some reason, avoiding long flights has led us to Constellation for the next year with 4 bookings. There is something about cruises on Celebrity that we value more than the other lines despite negligible perks compared to RCL. We love nightly dancing and Celebrity usually offers two live bands from which to choose. Food, though highly subjective, offers more consistency to our taste buds and disappoints only rarely. The staff is without par for friendliness and willingness to please. The ships show signs of wear but are less crowded than many other lines. The passengers, like us, are a little older and more likely to be close to retirement and without children.

Ocean Liners will provide a better dining experience than just about any land based restaurant that people will leave the ship for. It is money most people don't regret "consuming";)

There is a three day sale on again today but X forgot to tell anybody, including their Captain's Club agents until 7pm yesterday. Confusion reigns temporarily, but if you have a wish list of cruises between now and June of 2008 get your calls in before Friday.

Arno, the current ''promo'' event is far from ''secretive''. It's been staged yearly, , called the ''world 's longest cruise night'' in support of the travel industry. All lines participate, and actively.

Most ''promo'' are in the form of shipboard credits ( unfortunately NOT combinable with ANY others, including stockholders'....) and 50% reduced deposits. Some restrictions apply ( obviously) one of which it has to be on a return voyage, not a long one way such as INFINITY deluxe 14 day Vancouver-SanFransisco vis Alaska, Sept 2008, whic I was hoping to snag with a 50% reduced deposit...

Qualified bookings must be made AND deposited by 17thOct 2359, other sailings are qualified till 19th Oct.

There is another thread on this board covering that topic.

Cheers

;)

Arno, the current ''promo'' event is far from ''secretive''. It's been staged yearly, , called the ''world 's longest cruise night'' in support of the travel industry.

Hi Claude:

Except calls to Captain's club on Tuesday revealed a TOTAL lack of knowledge on what the terms of the sale were. Celebrity published no information on savings or sailings eligible to people booking direct starting Wednesday. I received info from RCL but not from Celebrity. This will also be a first if stockholders incentives are excluded.

Hi Claude:

. This will also be a first if stockholders incentives are excluded.

:( Good morning,

You're right on that.Even I tought it would not be the case when Host Andy stated the exclusion 2 days ago....I was wrong.

As to the ''promo'', since it's one designed around the travel agency community, it perhaps explains why the ''retail'' service desks areas at ==X== are not as aware as one would wish....although there certainly no harm done as, ultimately, the sailing guests are the ones benefitting.

Cheers

;)

I did not find Andy's post. Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi Arno !

There was a similar thread on this topic started a few days ago, where I made my comments. Here is the link to the other thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=644647

I know that I recieved several emails from TA's (not directly from Celebrity) that had a laundry list of exclusions, and it seemed that most all other OB credits could not be combined with this offer, and yes, Shareholder and Past Sailing Credits were specifically mentioned as excluded.

While it is still a very good deal for those who cannot obtain the previously mentioned credits, the list of exclusions made it no biggie for us to book additional sailings, as we can get shareholder credits anytime.

Weird:

If you book on board you get $50 credit and you can still use the Stockholder's credit.

With this special "sale" the net savings is zero: get $50 lose $50 etc.

So what's the point?:mad:

We are booked on one of the cruises that was eligible for this offer. I called my TA last Friday to rebook and get this offer because the cruise isn't until March 08. The price only has increased slightly. I realize that you have to accept the current price with this offer to get the OBC. I had not read the fine print thinking there would be no issue because of the "you will get the lowest price policy".

She was told by the line that I can not do this. I have since read this is in the details of the offer. Is this how this kind of "sale" works as a way to discount the sailing without offering the price to previous bookings? I understand if this is past final payment (selling cancelled and remaining cabins) but that is not the case here. I am not going to ask about "fairness" but this certainly isn't very good for customer relations.

Is this kind of practice changing your booking habits; either timing or line? We have cruised with either Royal or Celebrity six of the last seven years and I know this will change mine.

Well get this, the price for the cruise we want to take is STILL the lower one from last Thurs/Friday. SO, I call my TA and tell him we want to book now and he calls to book us. He calls me back and said Celebrity doesn't know why the prices are still the lower ones but the sale is over. Excuse me, the price is printed that way. I told my TA to forget it and I'd just book on line and he said they told him it won't go thru. Talk about deceiving people. This is just WRONG. They should have to honor it, shouldn't they?

Archived